• Stanley Who
    Erfahrener Benutzer

[gelöst] Konigsberg Fencing 124

Quelle bzw. Art des Textes: photo
    Jahr, aus dem der Text stammt: 1924
    Ort und Gegend der Text-Herkunft: Konigsberg
    Namen um die es sich handeln sollte:

Hello All,

Hopefully you can help me. If someone can transcribe and translate please.

I found this photo in my mothers family album. I know my Opa studied at Albertine University Konigsberg and assume it may have to do with him as the hand writing is his but is not in the photo.

Kind regards and Thanks
    Jan
    Angehängte Dateien
  • fr3389
    Erfahrener Benutzer

This pictures is in front of a restaurant and tell which persons are on the pic.
    On the picture, he also wrotes is an unknown guest of the restaurant.
    Whats the name of your grandpa?

Kommentar

• elektroprofi
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Das Foto zeigt offenbar die Teilnehmer einer studentischen Mensur. Die abgebildeten Personen tragen studentische Tracht, die beiden Kontrahenten Köperschutz und die Fechtwaffen, sogenannte Korbschläger. Auf der Rückseite sind die Namen der Personen benannt, einige davon werden mit ihrer Funktion während der Mensur benannt (Sekundanten).

The photo clearly shows the participants of a student scale. The depicted persons wear student costume, the two opponents bodyguard and the fencing weapons, so-called wicker. On the back are the names of the persons named, some of them are named with their function during the scale (secondaries).

Auf der Rückseite steht

Restaurant "Margaretental" (früher "Schreinertal") in Kalthof bei Königsberg
      von links nach rechts obere Reihe
      Paul Kaiser - Willi Pofpack - Hans Frühbrodt - mir unbekannter Gast - Benne Schmidt (Vertretergast)
      untere Reihe
      A H Döring - Hans Rogalla (Leibfux) als Testant - Erich Land (Leibfux) als Pentent - Gerhard Kohhoff - Bubi Rauch (Leibfux) als Sekundant - Leibfuchsenpartie S(ommer)S(emester) 1924

The text on the back reads

Restaurant "Margaretental" (formerly "Schreinertal") in Kalthof near Königsberg
      from left to right top row
      Paul Kaiser - Willi Pofpack - Hans Frühbrodt - unknown guest - Benne Schmidt (substitute guest)
      bottom row
      A H Döring - Hans Rogalla (Leibfux) as a tester - Erich Land (Leibfux) as a Pentent - Gerhard Kohhoff - Bubi Rauch (Leibfux) as a second - body fox race summer semester 1924

Fore more informations to academic fancing see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_fencing
      Zuletzt geändert von elektroprofi; 23.02.2019, 22:37.
      Mit freundlichen Grüßen - ep

Dauersuche:
      FN Gerullis und Gilde (Niebudszen/Ostpreußen)
      FN Görke und Stein (Kibarten/Ostpreußen)

Kommentar

• Stanley Who
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Many thanks to you both for your input.

My Opa is Adolf Neumann.

I do have another photo with him and other students but can not find it at the moment but will post it once found.

Thank you again
        Jan

Kommentar

• elektroprofi
          Erfahrener Benutzer

Bitte schön. Keine Ursache. Der Gasthof im Hintergrund des Fotos dürfte das sogenannte Pauklokal sein, in dem die Mensur stattfand.

May I help you. Never mind. The inn in the background of the photo may be the Restaurant (so-called Pauklokal), in which the Mensur took place.
          Mit freundlichen Grüßen - ep

Dauersuche:
          FN Gerullis und Gilde (Niebudszen/Ostpreußen)
          FN Görke und Stein (Kibarten/Ostpreußen)

Kommentar

Lädt...
          X