Walther August Adam = Walther August Adam
    ....... 14/2 1942 = ....... 14/2 1942
    Sta? Troppau = Sta? Troppau
    ....... 14/2 1942 = ....... 14/2 1942
    Römisch-katholisch = Roman Catholic
    weiblich = female
    ehelich = in wedlock

kosma rudolf, geboren 17/10 1875 = kosma rudolf, born 17/10 1875
    Zuckerfabrik?adjunct? In Skrochowitz = Sugar factory? Adjunct? In Skrochowitz
    Sohn des Andreas Kosma ............. = Son of Andreas Kosma ?????????
    in Bielitz und dessen gatten = in Bielitz and his spouse
    Karolina geboren Josah = Karolina born Josah

Marie, geboren 29/1 1884 = Marie, born 29/1 1884
    Tochter des Theodor Reys ?.......... = Daughter of Theodor Reys?........
    in Johannaburg und dessen gatten = in Johannaburg and his spouse
    Marie geboren Zivny? = Marie born Zivny?
    ........ 11/4 1904 in troppau = ......... 11/4 1904 in troppau

Metov? vojtehz? =Metov? vojtehz??
    kooperator?? = kooperator??
    Thersia adametz? = Thersia adametz?
    ........ van ..... = ?????? van ??????
    No 120 = No 120

........... = ??????
    ........... = ??????
    ........... = ??????
    ........... = ??????
    in troppau = in troppau

........... Wien = ?????? Wien
    in ........... = in ??????
    ........... = ??????
    ........... = ??????
    ........... = ??????

here is the link 1906 Taufregister Kirchenbuch, Skrochowitz
    and 1906 Taufregister Kirchenbuch, Skrochowitz

Some of the words/names I cannot read are simerlar to this thread about his sister

There is a brother Herbert Kosma from 1912 in the register but I cannot fint the Taufregister Kirchenbuch from 1912!?
  • Karla Hari
    Erfahrener Benutzer

hola,

sorry, my english is not so good

VIII, 71 = 8, 71
    1906, April, 2 = 1906, April, 2
    1906, April, 22 = 1906, April, 22
    haus nr. 40 = house no. 40
    Walther August Adam = Walther August Adam
    getraut 14/2 1942 = married? 14/2 1942
    Sta. Troppau = (Standesamt) Troppau
    Sta. Str. 14/2 1942 = ....... 14/2 1942
    weiblich = female
    ehelich = in wedlock

Kosma Rudolf, geboren 17/10 1875 = kosma rudolf, born 17/10 1875
    Zuckerfabriksadjunct In Skrochowitz = Sugar factory Adjunct? In Skrochowitz
    Sohn des Andreas Kosma Bräuhausverwalter [Brauhaus Verwalter] = Son of Andreas Kosma ?????????
    in Bielitz und dessen Gattin = in Bielitz and his spouse
    Karolina geborene Josch = Karolina born Josch

Marie, geboren 29/1 1884 = Marie, born 29/1 1884
    Tochter des Theodor Risy Bierbräuers (Bierbrauer) = Daughter of Theodor Risy
    in Johannesberg und dessen Gattin = in Johannaberg and his spouse
    Marie geborener Zivny = Marie born Zivny
    getraut 11/4 1904 in Troppau = married(?) 11/4 1904 in troppau

Metov? Vojtek? =Metov? vojtek [name]
    Kooperator = kooperator??
    Thersia Adametz = Thersia Adametz
    geprüfte [Hebamme] von Braunsdorf = ?????? from Braunsdorf
    No 120 = No 120

August Riwna = name
    Emilie Krish = name
    Gattin des verstorbenen = spous of deseased?
    Carl Krish = name
    Privatier in Troppau = in troppau

k und k Hauptmann Wien = k&k ??? Wien
    in V.(Vertretung?) der Hermine Rauch = in ?? of name
    Gattin des = spouse of
    Arthur Rauch = name
    in Lodz / Russland = in Lodz / Russia
    Zuletzt geändert von Karla Hari; 21.02.2018, 08:37. Grund: Johannesberg
    Lebe lang und in Frieden
    KarlaHari

Kommentar

• seekingherbertkosma
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Thanks Karla

Married at “Standesamt”, dos that means civil marriage (not in a church)? And why the “Sta Str 14/2 1942” repeating two times?

what job is an "adjunct" doing?

Is a “Privatier” a person who lives by his own previously earned money?

Kommentar

• hhw
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi,
        Married at “Standesamt”, dos that means civil marriage (not in a church)? YES

Is a “Privatier” a person who lives by his own previously earned money?YES

Kommentar

• Grzesio
          Neuer Benutzer

Hello,
          One notice, maybe of some importance Hermine Rauch, spouse of Arthur [Emil] Rauch from Lodz, was born in Bielitz (nowadays Bielsko of Bielsko-Biala in Poland) in 1867 and her maiden name was Kosma.

Kommentar

• seekingherbertkosma
            Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von Grzesio Beitrag anzeigen
            Hello,
            One notice, maybe of some importance Hermine Rauch, spouse of Arthur [Emil] Rauch from Lodz, was born in Bielitz (nowadays Bielsko of Bielsko-Biala in Poland) in 1867 and her maiden name was Kosma.
            Hello,
            Thank you very much Grzesio it's really great information.
            Hermine is must probably a sister to Rudolf Kosma also born in Bielsko-Biala in 1875. Do you have more information on Hermine? Like the parents name, siblings, birth record etc... Do you have any other information about the Kosma Family?
            Again thank you so much for this new information.

Kommentar

• Grzesio
              Neuer Benutzer

Hello,
              I have very little information on Hermine (and nothing on the Kosma family), rather on her descendants.
              I tried to search for civil register records from Bielitz/Biala of this period, using a couple of online databases, but without success.

So, as far as Hermine is concerned, she was born on September 14, 1867 in Bielitz. She married a merchant Emil Arthur Rauch (12 Aug. 1857, Chemnitz - 1 May 1921, Dresden) in Lodz (Poland) on September 28, 1895.
              They had three children, all born in Lodz: Erika Hermine, married von Beck (29 Juli 1896 - 31 Jan. 1939, Dresden), Edith Marie, married Keller (21 Jun. 1897) and a son Arthur Hermann (29 March 1903). Edith had, in turn, one son, Arthur Hermann at least three children - etc.

The last trace of Hermine, I've found so far, is an address book of Dresden from 1940, where she is listed as living on Silbermannstrasse 3 II, i.e. at the same address as her daughter Edith Marie Keller with her family.

Kommentar

• seekingherbertkosma
                Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello,
                I have very little information on Hermine (and nothing on the Kosma family), rather on her descendants.
                I tried to search for civil register records from Bielitz/Biala of this period, using a couple of online databases, but without success.

So, as far as Hermine is concerned, she was born on September 14, 1867 in Bielitz. She married a merchant Emil Arthur Rauch (12 Aug. 1857, Chemnitz - 1 May 1921, Dresden) in Lodz (Poland) on September 28, 1895.
                They had three children, all born in Lodz: Erika Hermine, married von Beck (29 Juli 1896 - 31 Jan. 1939, Dresden), Edith Marie, married Keller (21 Jun. 1897) and a son Arthur Hermann (29 March 1903). Edith had, in turn, one son, Arthur Hermann at least three children - etc.

The last trace of Hermine, I've found so far, is an address book of Dresden from 1940, where she is listed as living on Silbermannstrasse 3 II, i.e. at the same address as her daughter Edith Marie Keller with her family.
                Hello, Grzesio

Thanks for all that information that is really great.
                I also tried to find information in Bielitz/Biala without any luck, also nothing is online.
                Sins Hermine is godmother for Walther, I think it is most likely she is the sister of Rudolf (Walthers father) also we have only 4 thinks connecting them together
                1. She is the godmother for Walther
                2. Same family name Kosma
                3. Both Hermine and Rudolf are born in Bielitz
                4. She is from 1867 he 1875

Rudolf parents are Andreas Kosma and Karolina Josch, Hermine we don’t know the parents names.

2 others that might be brothers to Hermine and Rudolf is Hans Kosma (also a godfather to the daughter of Rudolf). Also Johann Kosma born 1872 in Bielitz

Kommentar

• Grzesio
                  Neuer Benutzer

Hello,
                  So we've got pretty a puzzle... I entered this data into my My Heritage tree, hoping for matches with another trees, without success.

But couldn't Johann and Hans Kosma be the same person?

Hermine's family could be identified with some effort, I think , I've checked database of archival civil records - both birth and marriage records from two protestant parishes in Lodz (she belonged to Sw. Trojca or Trinity one), covering period when Hermine got married in Lodz and all her children were born, are held by National Archives in Lodz - sadly not available online. So maybe one day...

BTW - Hermine is still listed in the address book of Dresden for 1943/44, so maybe she made it to February 1945. According to a DRK inquiry, I made some years ago, her brother in law, also living in Dresden, got missing, although her niece with her husband (living just two houses from him) survived the air raid. But I did not ask about Hermine or her daughter then.

Kommentar

• seekingherbertkosma
                    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello,
                    So we've got pretty a puzzle... I entered this data into my My Heritage tree, hoping for matches with another trees, without success.

But couldn't Johann and Hans Kosma be the same person?

Hermine's family could be identified with some effort, I think , I've checked database of archival civil records - both birth and marriage records from two protestant parishes in Lodz (she belonged to Sw. Trojca or Trinity one), covering period when Hermine got married in Lodz and all her children were born, are held by National Archives in Lodz - sadly not available online. So maybe one day...

BTW - Hermine is still listed in the address book of Dresden for 1943/44, so maybe she made it to February 1945. According to a DRK inquiry, I made some years ago, her brother in law, also living in Dresden, got missing, although her niece with her husband (living just two houses from him) survived the air raid. But I did not ask about Hermine or her daughter then.
                    Hello Grzesio

Johann and Hans Kosma could maybe be the same person as this family like to give many names, but I think it is 2 different persons as I found each 2 different times.

I found Johann in the censuses in Troppau (now Opava) in 1901

also in the address book in 1905 in Troppau (now Opava)

and Hans as goodfather at the birth of Margarete Emilie Marie Kosma in Skrochowitz just outside Troppau (now Opava) in 1905

also in the address book in 1901 in Troppau (now Opava)

Kommentar

• Grzesio
                      Neuer Benutzer

Hello,

Well, that's a puzzle! It's a little bit suspicious, both Hans and Johann are Privatbeamtern and are not listed simultaneously in the address book of Troppau. On the other hand, addresses in 1901 and 1905 are different - but one could move. Not enough information do draw a firm conclusion, I'm afraid...

By the way, what is you opinion on Johann's date of birth in the census? May 14 or May 19?

Kommentar

• seekingherbertkosma
                        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello,

Well, that's a puzzle! It's a little bit suspicious, both Hans and Johann are Privatbeamtern and are not listed simultaneously in the address book of Troppau. On the other hand, addresses in 1901 and 1905 are different - but one could move. Not enough information do draw a firm conclusion, I'm afraid...

By the way, what is you opinion on Johann's date of birth in the census? May 14 or May 19?
                        Hello Grzesio

I totally agree based on the information i found we cannot draw a firm conclusion. That is why I only refer to them as they "might be brothers and sisters" we need to find more information before we can draw any firm conclusion.

Johann:
                        only connection between them are.
                        1. Both Rudolf, Hermine, Johann and Hans has the same family name Kosma (not very common name)
                        2. Both Rudolf, Hermine, Johann and Hans has been in Troppau. Hermine and Hans as good mothers and good fathers for Rudolf children.
                        3. Both Rudolf, Hermine and Johann are from Bielitz.
                        4. The age Rudolf 1875, Hermine 1867 and Johann 1872
                        So, based on this information, I have not yet placed Johann in the family tree. everything suggests, but does not confirm, that they are in family one way or the other and most likely brothers and sisters.

Hans:
                        1. Both Rudolf, Hermine, Johann and Hans has the same family name Kosma (not very common name)
                        2. Both Rudolf, Hermine, Johann and Hans has been in Troppau. Hermine and Hans as good mothers and and good fathers for Rudolf children.

The problem here is that Hans Kosma in the address book can be another Hans Kosma that was good father. there is 4 years between when he was good father and the address book. when he was good father it dont say where he was living, that could indicate he was not coming from another area, like Hermine where is says she is from Lodz og the parents was from Bielitz, so he was most likely living in Troppau when he was good father.

Based on he was good father, they must be in family somehow.

so yes, before we get new information we cannot make any firm conclusion on where each of them are exactly on the family tree. Rudolf, Hermine and Hans are for sure in the same tree and close to each other. Johann are most likely in the tree.

About the addresses:
                        Also Johann are on 2 different addresses censuses 1901 and address book 1905 and again not the same as Hans in 1901.
                        I am sure Hans can be found in the censuses in 1901 in Troppau and that will give us much need information on him. but I have a hard time to navigate in the archive to find him.

Johann's date of birth in the census i will say May 19. it is not the best 9 from this writer but is to far from his number 4.

If you find any new information on any of the kosma family please let me know.

Kommentar

• seekingherbertkosma
                          Erfahrener Benutzer

I wonder about who is the godmother Emilie or Hermine and who represents the godmother?
                          link to the church book
                          Emilie Krish
                          Gattin des verstorbenen
                          Carl Krish
                          Privatier in Troppau
                          in V.(Vertretung?) der
                          Hermine Rauch
                          Gattin des
                          Arthur Rauch
                          in Lodz / Russland
                          Zuletzt geändert von seekingherbertkosma; 06.02.2020, 20:54.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                          X