Friedrich Wilhelm Edward Kipp (1906-1945)

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Wahoo
    Neuer Benutzer

Friedrich Wilhelm Edward Kipp (1906-1945)

Dear German friends,
    Apologies for writing in english, but my german writing skills are child level.
    I can however understand some, so feel free to answer in german.

I wish to learn a bit more about my grandfathers family (Friedrich Wilhelm Edward Kipp).
    What I know about him is that he was born in Bielefeld about 1906. He was an engineer
    but later became an actor. In 1944 he got drafted in the german army and got killed in the war in Feb 1945 in Alsace, France.
    He is buried in Aix les Bains.

It would be interesting to know his parents names and if he had any siblings. Any other information is also welcome
    Viele Grusse aus Norwegen
    Morten
  • Basil
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Morten and welcome,

on the website of the Volksbund i found:

Surname: Kipp
    Forename: Ewald
    Date of birth: 28.05.1906
    Place of birth: Bielefeld
    Date of death/becoming missing: 15.02.1945
    Place of death/becoming missing: Drusenheim

Ewald Kipp is buried in the military cemetery in Niederbronn-les-Bains.
    Endgrablage: Block 11 Reihe 10 Grab 357

So, not Edward but Ewald. Drusenheim and Niederbronn-les-Bains are in Alsace, France. Aix-les-bains is more in the south near the border to Italy.
    Maybe he is? With the name and the date you can ask for his birth registration in the archive of Bielefeld (Stadtarchiv).

greetings
    Basil
    Zuletzt geändert von Basil; 05.08.2019, 17:41.
    Zimmer: Oberlausitz und Dresden; Stephanus: Zittau, Altenburg und Ronneburg
    Raum Zittau: Heidrich, Rudolph
    Erzgebirge: Uhlmann, Lieberwirth, Gläser, Herrmann
    Burgenlandkreis: Wachtler, Landmann, Schrön

Kommentar

• Wahoo
      Neuer Benutzer

Vielen dank Basil!!

Yes, I think you are right. Must be Ewald! Think I heard him called "Edwald" once. Also the information about Drusenheim is very
      interesting. I googled it and there is quite a bit of information about the fighting that took place there in 1945.
      Gives me an idea of how hard his final weeks of life must have been
      Knowing the exact location of the grave I now can make a visit.

I will contact the "Stadtarchiv" and see if I can get more information.

Really appreciate the help!
      Regards,
      Morten

Kommentar

• Basil
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Morten,

I just found your Geni family tree and I have some additional informations for you.

F.W.E. Kipp's daughter Heidi was born in Erfurt? In the address book for Erfurt 1939/40 I found the actor Ewald Kipp. So the name Ewald seems to be right.
        His widow Ines lived there until 1948 (see pictures below).

In the 1960's Ines Kipp-Gomes lived in Frankfurt/Main, Martinstr. 3.

On Ancestry I found Ines and Florencio Gomes on a 1931 passengers list. Departure from Hamburg on March the 29th to South America via France, Spain and Portugal. They were living in Dresden at this time.

Florencio Izidro Gomes, Konsul der portugies. Republik (addressbook for Dresden 1931, see below)

Also on Ancestry a foreigners registration in Wiesbaden 1948 for Ines Gomes, portuguese nationality, born on 27.7.1911.

Hamburg death register 1950: Funkoffizier Pedro Gomes, born 25.6.1910 Berlin-Schöneberg, fallen at sea 7.5.1944 (East Asia), married with Elisabeth Lina born Simon, 30.9.37 in Hamburg-Uhlenhorst.

Dresden death register 1927: Marie Ottilie Gomes, born Herzog, died on March the 1st in Dresden. She was born in Neugersdorf.

Dresden death register 1904: Friedrich Hermann Herzog, died on June the 7th in Dresden-Strehlen.

I can send the documents to you if you want.

Viele Grüße aus Hamburg
        Basil
        Angehängte Dateien
        Zimmer: Oberlausitz und Dresden; Stephanus: Zittau, Altenburg und Ronneburg
        Raum Zittau: Heidrich, Rudolph
        Erzgebirge: Uhlmann, Lieberwirth, Gläser, Herrmann
        Burgenlandkreis: Wachtler, Landmann, Schrön

Kommentar

• Wahoo
          Neuer Benutzer

Wow! You are really good at this

Zitat von Basil Beitrag anzeigen
          Hello Morten,
          F.W.E. Kipp's daughter Heidi was born in Erfurt? In the address book for Erfurt 1939/40 I found the actor Ewald Kipp. So the name Ewald seems to be right.
          His widow Ines lived there until 1948 (see pictures below)
          Yes Heidi is my mother, Ines my grandmother and Florencio my great grandfather. When the Russians came in 1948, they managed to escape
          to the west and moved to the island of Madeira, Portugal, to Ines' father Florencio. He had used his diplomatic contacts to help them out. Madeira is where my mother grew up. Being an actor, Ewald entertained the german troops, so this kept him out of the war until 1944.

In the 1960's Ines Kipp-Gomes lived in Frankfurt/Main, Martinstr. 3.
          Yes in Wiesbaden, they moved back to West Germany in the 60's. I visited there a lot when I was young

On Ancestry I found Ines and Florencio Gomes on a 1931 passengers list. Departure from Hamburg on March the 29th to South America via France, Spain and Portugal. They were living in Dresden at this time.
          Florencio Izidro Gomes, Konsul der portugies. Republik (addressbook for Dresden 1931, see below)
          Yes, they were probably going to Madeira. When Hitler came to power, in 1934 Florencio (Portuguese diplomat) decided to leave Germany. During WW1 he had been detained in Holland for a year, since Portugal had stopped diplomatic relations
          with Germany... He probably had guessed what was coming....

Also on Ancestry a foreigners registration in Wiesbaden 1948 for Ines Gomes, portuguese nationality, born on 27.7.1911.
          Thanks, I did not have the exact date

Hamburg death register 1950: Funkoffizier Pedro Gomes, born 25.6.1910 Berlin-Schöneberg, fallen at sea 7.5.1944 (East Asia), married with Elisabeth Lina born Simon, 30.9.37 in Hamburg-Uhlenhorst.
          Yes, Pedro was Ines brother. He served on a German submarine outside Japan in 1944. They were *accidentally* torpedoed by the japanese... The sub captain survived, and went to Madeira and told Florencio what had happened after the war.

Dresden death register 1927: Marie Ottilie Gomes, born Herzog, died on March the 1st in Dresden. She was born in Neugersdorf.
          Dresden death register 1904: Friedrich Hermann Herzog, died on June the 7th in Dresden-Strehlen.
          Thanks a lot for all the details, I was missing those! Marie died of breast cancer in an early age from what I know.

My mother later moved to the USA where she met my Norwegian father who also lived there at the time.
          They then came to Norway.

So quite a story

I'm amazed on how much you found out I really appreciate this!
          I have sent an email to the archives re Ewald. I will let you know what they find.

All the best,
          Cheers,
          Morten

Kommentar

• Wahoo
            Neuer Benutzer

Update;
            I got the names of Ewalds parents and siblings from the Bielefeld archives. From those I have
            managed to find atleast 2 more generations further back, born around 1810

So thanks again for helping me out and pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers,
            M

Kommentar

Lädt...
            X