• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Odenwald-Witzel
    Neuer Benutzer

Odenwald Family of Horas bei Fulda und Petersberg bei Fulda

Greetings!

It has been many years since I last posted to this forum. Here presented are the results of my research thus far. There are many facts missing - and if you can help me correct any mistakes or enter additional information, I would be very grateful: Kurt Odenwald from California.

First Generation

1. Johann ODENWALD <K2GG was born on 9 Sep 1826 in Horas-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.1

In 1876 he was a tailor early on and later a musician in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.2

He died "in consequence of a weak spirit" on 30 Jul 1876 at the age of 49 at Schuhhof Nr. 88 in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.3

Johann was buried on 30 Sep 1876 in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.4

He was Roman Catholic. I found out that the
    Odenwalds are in Horas part of Fulda but they came not originally from
    there. The first entry for this family is 10. April 1765 for a birth and
    before nothing.

Johann ODENWALD <K2GG and Gertrud BOTT K2GG obtained a marriage license on 19 Oct 1852 at the Justizamt (Office for Law) in Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany.5

They were married on 4 Nov 1852 in a civil wedding in Frauenberg, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany. Witnesses: Konrad Neidhard, Kloster [monastery]... zu Frauenberg, Joseph Schwab, Täglöhner [hired hand] aus Horas.6

Gertrud BOTT <K2GG, daughter of Johann Anton BOTT and Anna Maria LOMB, was born on 21 Dec 1827 at Schuhhof in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.7–8

She died as a consequence of Schwindsucht [tuberculosis] on 3 Jul 1875 at the age of 47 at Schuhhof Nr. 88 in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.9

She was buried on 5 Jul 1875 at Schuhof in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.10

Gertrud was Roman Catholic.

Johann ODENWALD and Gertrud BOTT had the following children:

+2 i. Georg Josef ODENWALD <KGG, born 4 Jul 1857, Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany; married Katharina WITZEL <KGG, 9 May 1883, Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany; died bef 1937, Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany.
    +3 ii. Rosa ODENWALD, born 22 May 1860, Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany; married Charles HARBACK, 15 Nov 1888, Hudson, St. Croix, Wisconsin, United States.
    +4 iii. Wilhelm ODENWALD, born 1862, Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany; married Katerine (nee _________ ) ODENWALD, bef 1888, Probably Gelnhausen, Germany.
    +5 iv. Karl Magnus "Charles" ODENWALD, born 23 Jun 1863, Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany; married Caroline M BALZER, 8 Oct 1887, St Patricks Church, Hudson, Wisconsin by Father Thomas A. Kelly; died 17 Aug 1913, Hudson, St Croix, Wisconsin.
    6 v. Johann Josef ODENWALD was born on 11 Nov 1866 at Schuhhof Nr. 88, in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.11

He was christened on 11 Nov 1866 in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.12

He died on 16 Nov 1866 at the age of 0 at Schuhhof Nr. 88, in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.13

Johann was Roman Catholic.
    7 vi. Maria Rosalia ODENWALD was born on 27 Jun 1868 at Schuhhof Nr. 88, in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.14

She was christened on 28 Jun 1868.15 Baptism witness(es): Rosalia Lomb, ledig, aus Peterberg, eine Nichte der Mutter) [Rosalia Lomb, single, of Petersberg, the Mother's niece.]

She died on 21 Jul 1868 at the age of 0 in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.16

Second Generation

2. Georg Josef ODENWALD <KGG (Johann-1) was born on 4 Jul 1857 at Schuhhof Nr. 2 in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.17 Rudolph's Ellis Island entry record yields the name of his father; and his Birth Extract record backs this up.

He lived at Schuhhof, Petersberg Nr. 2 in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany on 4 Jul 1857.18

He was christened on 4 Jul 1857 at the Roman Catholic parish church (Pfarrkirche) Saint Peters in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.19 Source: Petersberg Taufen, 1857/S.7, reference:46
    Witnesses: Georg Josef Odenwald, single, Schulamts (education office); des Vaters Bruder (the father's brother)

On 24 Apr 1892 Georg was a workplace Foreman in Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany.20

He lived Nr. 1084 Löherstraße oder Nr. 1024 Löherstrasse in Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany on 24 Apr 1892.21

He was Catholic on 24 Apr 1892 in Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany.22

Georg died before 1937 at the age of 80 in Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany. Occupation listed in transcript of Rudolf's Birth Record as "Weaver"
    ---------------------------
    Bundesrepublic Deutschland
    Civil Registry Office of Fulda
    Auszug aus dem Geburtseintrag Nr 153/1892

Nr 153 Page 153
    Fulda, 24 April 1892
    Today personally appeared before the Citizen's Bureau one who is personally known, the workplace Foreman Josef Odenwald, who lives in Fulda on Loeher Street Nr. 1084, Catholic religion, and states that to Katharina Odenwald nee Witzel, his wife, Catholic religion, who lives with him in Fulda in his dwelling place, on 23 April of the year 1892, in the afternoon toward 3pm, a baby boy, who has been given the name of Magnus Rudolf.

Read, and signature affixed:

Joseph Odenwald

For the Citizen's Bureau:

Title_Zivilstandsregister, 1874-1875

Georg Josef ODENWALD <KGG and Katharina WITZEL KGG were married on 9 May 1883 at the Roman Catholic parish church (Pfarrkirche) Saint Peters in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.23–25 Witnesses: Eduard Weinrich, Johannes Witzel aus Kerzell

Herr Maaz's comments: "Im Heiratseintrag is als Mutter der Braut Elisabeth Diegelmann angegeben - möglicherweise die zweite Frau des Bernard Witzel?"

and auf englisch: "In the marriage [entry] as a mother of the bride, Elizabeth Diegelmann is indicated - possibly the second [wife] of Bernard Witzel?"

Spouse is 22 years old.

Katharina WITZEL <KGG, daughter of Bernhard WITZEL and Elisabetha MÖLLER, was born on 12 Oct 1860 at "in some outlying village" in Kerzell nr. 39, Kreis Fulda Kreis, Germany.26–28

She was christened on 13 Oct 1860 in Hattenhof, Kerzell, Fulda Kreis, Hesse, Germany.29 Witnesses: Katharina Kalb aus Kerzell

She, widow, lived with her daughter, Lina and her husband, Josef Deuter at Edelzellerstr. 51 in Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany in 1937.30

Katharina died , say 1950 at the age of 90 in Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany.31

She was Roman Catholic. -----Original Message-----

Georg Josef ODENWALD and Katharina WITZEL had the following children:

+8 i. Anton ODENWALD, born 31 Oct 1883, Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany; married Therese MONTAG, say 1911; died 17 Jan 1973, Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany.
    +9 ii. Karl ODENWALD, born 8 Dec 1885, Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany; married Anna REISS, say 1906, Germany; died Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany.
    +10 iii. Rudolf Magnus ODENWALD <KG, born 23 Apr 1892, Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany; married Thelma Louise DUNN <KG, 24 Jun 1922, St Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota, United States; died 26 Aug 1947, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.
    +11 iv. Rosa Elizabeth ODENWALD, born 12 Mar 1894, Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany; married ( _______ ) GÖBEL, say 1914, Germany.
    +12 v. Wilhelm Johann "Willi" ODENWALD, born 27 Apr 1897, Gelnhausen, Main-Kinzig-Kreis, Hessen, Germany; married Louise HEUPEL - HÜPEL, abt 1921, Germany; married Fleeta SHARPE, bef 15 May 1932, New York State (probably); married Mary LERCHNER, aft 1940; died 21 Feb 1972, North Elizabeth, Union County, New Jersey.
    +13 vi. Caroline "Lina" ODENWALD, born say 1900, Germany; married Josef DEUTER, say 1920, Germany.

3. Rosa ODENWALD (Johann-1) was born on 22 May 1860 at Schuhhof Nr. 88, in Petersberg-Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse, Germany.32
  • Odenwald-Witzel
    Neuer Benutzer

Anton Odenwald 1883 geb

Ich erlebe einige Schwierigkeiten, Ihren Beitrag über Anton Odenwald in der Beantwortung, die während Weltkreig 1 ein Kriegsgefangener war.

Kommentar

• assi.d
      Erfahrener Benutzer

+9 ii. Karl ODENWALD, born 8 Dec 1885, Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany; married Anna REISS, say 1906, Germany; died Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hesse-Nassau, Germany.
      Hello,

this could probably be my Great-step-grandfather. His son Robert Odenwald married my Grandmother Edith Ballhaus, widowed Bug.

Robert was Born 1922 and had a lot of siblings. So the marriage in 1906 could fit. But my mother told me Karls wife named Maria Leitsch.

Unfortunately I never looked after my step-family. I could do this in autumn.

I was told, that Robert should had taken the farm of Schuhof over, because his uncle had no children. They wanted to adopt him. But tis did not happen because of the war....

I will try to get more Infos but surely we are related :-)

Greetings
      Astrid

Kommentar

• Odenwald-Witzel
        Neuer Benutzer

Astrid: Karl Odenwald Fulda 1885 gebor.

Hallo Astrid -

Vielen Dank für das Schreiben eine Antwort auf mein Beitrag im Forum!

Sie schrieben über:

"Karl ODENWALD, geboren 8. Dezember 1885, Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hessen-Nassau, Deutschland, heiratete Anna Reiss, sagen 1906, Deutschland;. Gestorben Fulda, Kreis Fulda, Hessen-Nassau, Deutschland"

Und Sie haben gesagt:

"Das könnte wahrscheinlich mein Ur-Schritt-Großvater sein. Sein Sohn Robert Odenwald heiratete meine Großmutter Edith Ballhaus, verwitwet Bug.

Robert wurde 1922 geboren und hatte viele Geschwister. So ist die Ehe konnte im Jahr 1906 passen. Aber meine Mutter sagte mir Karls Frau namens Maria Leitsch.

Leider sah ich nie nach meinem Schritt-Familie. Ich konnte dies im Herbst tun.

Mir wurde gesagt, dass Robert sollte die Farm von Schuhof übernommen hatte, weil sein Onkel hatte keine Kinder. Sie wollten ihn zu verabschieden. Aber tis geschah nicht wegen des Krieges ....

Ich werde versuchen, mehr Infos zu bekommen, aber sicher sind wir im Zusammenhang mit "

Ich bin sehr glücklich, dass wir in Beziehung gesetzt werden können.

Ich werde versuchen, um mehr Informationen über Maria Leitsch Odenwald entdecken.

Ich freue mich mit Ihnen auf dieser Familie zu entsprechen,

Kurt Odenwald - Kalifornien - USA

Kommentar

Lädt...
        X