• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Mia
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Donald,

good news, I found them!

Joseph Forsters wife is Barbara Hirl (their parents are Johann Baptist Hirl and Barbara Rothmeyer)

and the parents of Margareth Rauch are Michael Rauch and Barbara born Lintner (Lindner), widowed Meindl

http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/Weihern...%C3%A4userbuch --> here are all the names and also birth- and marriage-dates.
    Weihern 20: Forster Josef
    Weihern 1: Hirl Johann Baptist
    Weihern 15: Rauch Michael

Barbara Hirl and Margareth Rauch are pretty sure born in Weihern and Martin Forster probably too (his father settled 1828 in Weihern).

Have a great day :-)

Mia

Kommentar

• VGS

Hallo Mia,

das hast Du ja ganz großartig gemacht! Ich gratuliere Dir.

Da wird sich unser amerikanischer Freund aber mächtig freuen.

Grüße
      Susanne.

Kommentar

• Mia
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von SusanneVonG Beitrag anzeigen
        Hallo Mia,

das hast Du ja ganz großartig gemacht! Ich gratuliere Dir.

Da wird sich unser amerikanischer Freund aber mächtig freuen.

Grüße
        Susanne.
        Danke Susanne, ohne deine Vorarbeit wär das nicht möglich gewesen!

Ja, das denke ich auch, dass er sich da sehr freuen wird. Da freut man sich doch gleich mit

Viele Grüße
        Mia

Kommentar

• donaldaskey
          Benutzer

Detective Mia

Great detective work, Mia. And, yes, you have made your American friend very happy. I haven't drilled down into the links you shared. I may have some follow-up questions. I was about to post some photos and inscriptions sent the Forster in Buffalo from Leutenbach. I am seeing two Leutenbachs. Is one of them in the neighborhood of where you found Josef Forster and Barbara Hirl? Thanks so much.

Kommentar

• donaldaskey
            Benutzer

Reading what Mia cited, I see clearly that Weihern is and was part of Bavaria. But I was particularly struck by this statement regarding Weihern: "Im 19. Jahrhundert setzte eine große Auswanderungsbewegung nach USA ein. Die meisten Auswanderer gingen in den Staat New York, insbesondere nach Buffalo." Bingo!
            Zuletzt geändert von donaldaskey; 11.05.2020, 22:28.

Kommentar

• Horst von Linie 1
              Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von donaldaskey Beitrag anzeigen
              Is Weihern in Bavaria today or was it ever? If not, what state is it in?
              Situated 13 miles northwest of Oberviechtach.
              Falls im Eifer des Gefechts die Anrede mal wieder vergessen gegangen sein sollte, wird sie hiermit mit dem Ausdruck allergrößten Bedauerns in folgender Art und Weise nachgeholt:
              Guten Morgen/Mittag/Tag/Abend. Grüß Gott! Servus.
              Gude. Tach. Juten Tach. Hi. Hallo.

Und zum Schluss:
              Freundliche Grüße.

Kommentar

• Konrad
                Erfahrener Benutzer

Guten Abend,

nur ein kleiner Hinweis, der FN Hirl könnte wahrscheinlich auch Hierl oder Hürl geschrieben werden, bei meinen Vorfahren findet sich eine Barbara Hürl, die 1662 den Michael Demleitner in Littenhof heiratet (siehe dazu auch http://www.schwaerzer.name/SIPPENBUCH/FAM259.HTM und Schmitt, Joseph: "Joseph Demleitner zum 60. Geburtstage" in BBLF, 15. Jg. (1937), Nr. 1/2, Seite 20.

Konrad

Kommentar

• donaldaskey
                  Benutzer

Thank you, Horst and Konrad, for your little insights new to me. I like Konrad's suggestion to be open to names that are formed in this way: H [vowel/diphthong] [consonant] with a final ell. This is a linguistically sound admonition.

Horst, you were right about the phone book entries of Forster and Rauch.

Huber, you were right about Pfreimd. And, Huber, you were right about sticking it out and not giving up the ship.

What great collaboration! Thank you one and all.

Kommentar

• donaldaskey
                    Benutzer

My gratitude

My dear and kind fellow researchers, I appreciate your responsiveness and I am grateful to you for what I've learned about records in Bavaria. If it weren't for the fact that Josef Forster owned property, we (really Mia) may not have found him until the Regensburg records come on line or I come to Regensburg and scour those records first hand myself after the virus safely passes. I think this phase of my search has ended unless some relative shows up with a DNA match to me.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                    X