• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Debid76
    Benutzer

Stus family from Tarnow

I am looking for information on my great-grandmother, Maryanna Stus, born 6 June 1887. She immigrated to the U.S. in 1904 and the passenger list states last residence as “Rzendzim” (Rzedzin?), Austria.
    Her mother Emilja, born 25 Nov 1863, unknown maiden name. She arrived in the U.S. 1 December 1922 and was widowed. Her last residence is states as Tarnow, Austria. I do not have a copy of her death certificate, but place of birth is transcribed in 2 different sources. One says “Radislawin, Poland,” the other “Nadislawik, Poland.”
    Maryanna’s 2 sisters also immigrated to the U.S.
    Stefania Stus, born 30 August 1894. Passenger list states birth location as Tarnow, Austria and closest relative is her father, Francisek, living in Tarnow.
    The other sister is Malgorzata. I am very confused with this one. She was born 10 June 1875, which would make her mother only 12 at her birth. Also, her maiden name is transcribed as Trielinska on a couple of her children’s birth records. One of her child’s death records says Zielinski. She arrived to the U.S. on 15 May 1900 with her about 2 month old daughter Michalina. The passenger lists states last residence as Tarnow and her death record says Tarnow for place of birth. She married Michael Kita, I am assuming in about 1889 based on Michalina’s birth. Michael was born 29 September 1872, death certificate states Jaslo, Poland as birth place.
    I would truly appreciate any help.
    Debby
  • animei
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Debby,

Emilja's maiden name was Zielinska (Zielinski), so Malgorzata most likely was an illegitimate daughter.
    Emilja was illegitimate as well, her mother was Victoria.

Stephania was born in Grabowka.
    Angehängte Dateien
    Zuletzt geändert von animei; 07.05.2016, 18:48.
    Gruß
    Anita

Kommentar

• Debid76
      Benutzer

Zitat von animei Beitrag anzeigen
      Debby,

Emilja's maiden name was Zielinska (Zielinski), so Malgorzata most likely was an illegitimate daughter.
      Emilja was illegitimate as well, her mother was Victoria.

Stephania was born in Grabowka.
      Stephania was born in Grabowka.[/QUOTE]

Interesting! Thank you very much for finding this for me!

Can you tell me how you found this, and so quickly! I have been looking and finally gave in and asked for help, but would like to learn. Even with google translate, though, it is still difficult for me to navigate websites and I have such a hard time reading the writing!

Thanks again,

Debby

Kommentar

• Debid76
        Benutzer

I just found a birth record on familysearch.org
        It's 9 years off the birthdate I have, but it makes more sense.

NameVictoria Zielinska GenderFemaleDaughterEmilia

NameEmiliaEvent TypeBaptism Event Date24 Nov 1854 Event PlacePrzybysławice, Przybysławice, Kraków, Poland House Number1 GenderFemale Mother's NameVictoria Zielinska

Kommentar

• animei
          Erfahrener Benutzer

(I thought, I had found Emilia's birth record, but it was wrong.)
          This is the page where I found Stephania: http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/searc...Nro%3At&order=
          Zuletzt geändert von animei; 08.05.2016, 19:14.
          Gruß
          Anita

Kommentar

• Debid76
            Benutzer

I don't think I was clear enough with my last post. I'm sorry about that. The information I found I am thinking may possibly be Emilja's birth record. But, the date of birth is off by 9 years, which would make Emilja 22 years old a Malforzata's birth, rather than 12 years old. That is what I meant by "makes more sense." I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I really appreciate you finding Stephania's birth record for me!

Kommentar

• animei
              Erfahrener Benutzer

Oh yes, I understood. And I think the birth record that you found on familysearch is the right one. According to the passenger list in 1922 Emilia was 67, thus born abt 1855.
              Gruß
              Anita

Kommentar

Lädt...
              X