• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • jzaun
    Benutzer

[gelöst] Church Document (Confirmation Record) 1862-1863 p32-33

Quelle bzw. Art des Textes: Church Document (Confirmation Record)
    Jahr, aus dem der Text stammt: 1862-1863
    Ort und Gegend der Text-Herkunft: Kassel, Rothenditmold, Hessen, Germany
    Namen um die es sich handeln sollte:

Hello,

This is the confirmation record of my Great-Great-Grandfather Friedrich Zaun. There is also another unknown Zaun.

I think the columns are Record Number, Name, Parent's Names, Birth Date, ??, ?? and Comments?

Then right under the table's column headers is another header written in by someone. I'm not sure what they say beside each page having it's year written down again.

Page 32 Line 12 - ?? Zaun
    Column 1: 12
    Column 2: ?? Zaun
    Column 3: ??
    Column 4: 11. ?? 1848
    Others: ??

Page 33 Line 9 - Friedrich Zaun
    Column 1: 9
    Column 2: Friedrich Zaun
    Column 3: ??
    Column 4: 17. Mai 1848
    Others: ??

Link to Document

Thank you for you help!
    Justin
  • Kaiser Franz Joseph
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Page 32, Line 12

Maria Zaun, daughter of Friedrich Zaun, peon (Tagelöhner, I hope that "peon" is the right translation) and his wife Katharina Knoche

Maria Zaun was born on the 4th January 1848 and so she was 14 years 3 months and 18 days old when she was confirmed.

Page 33 Line 9

Friedrich Zaun, son of Christoph, peon, and his wife Marie Elisabeth Kepper.
    He was born on the 14th May 1848 and so he was 12 years 10 months and 23 days old when he was confirmed.

Kommentar

• Rieke
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Justin,

The columns are:
      Nr., Name of the confirmed, Name and Profession of the parents, Date of birth, Age (years, months, days), dispensation given when?, [Bible] Knowledge

The separate heading on both pages just above the list says:
      "Confirmed on the Sunday of Quasimodogeniti"[That is the first Sunday after Easter in that particular year] The date is written underneath.

Page 32 Line 12 - Marie Zaun
      Column 1: 12
      Column 2: Marie Zaun
      Column 3: Friedrich, Tagloehner, und Katharine Knoche
      Column 4: 1. Jan[uar] 1848
      Others: desgl[eichen] = dito [This refers to the comment about each one's bible knowledge; hinreichend =sufficient, as in the first line]

Page 33 Line 9 - Friedrich Zaun
      Column 1: 9
      Column 2: Friedrich Zaun
      Column 3: Christoph, Tagloehner, und Marie Elisabeth Kepper
      Column 4: 17. Mai 1848
      Others: desgl[eichen] = dito [This refers to the comment about each one's bible knowledge; hiinreichend = sufficient, as in the first line]

Liebe Gruesse
      Rieke
      Zuletzt geändert von Rieke; 07.07.2015, 20:38. Grund: dotted the i :-)
      Meine Spitzenahnen....
      waren arm aber reinlich. Ihr Motto? Lieber leere Taschen als volle Hosen.

Kommentar

• Johannes v.W.
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Justin

Here is the transcription and the lines below a (hopefully right ) translation

Headline:
        Seite 32 / Jahr 1862
        page 32 / year 1862

Columns:
        Nummer / Namen der Konfirmanten / Namen und Stand der Eltern / Geburtsjahr und Tag / Alter } Jahre, Monate, Tage / Datum erfolgter Dispensazion / Kenntnisse
        number / names of confirmation candidates / names and civil stand of parents/ year of birth and day / age } years, months, days / date of done dispensation / knowledges

First Line:
        konfirmiert am Sonntage quasimodogeniti 27. April 1862
        confirmed on Sunday quasimodogeniti [= 1. sunday after eastern] 27th april 1862

Nr. 12 Maria Zaun / Friedrich, Tag[e]löhner, und Katharina Knoche / 9. Jan. 1848 / 14, 3, 18 / - / desgl.[eichen] (zu Nr. 1: hinreichend)
        N° 12 Maria Zaun / Friedrich, day labourer, and Katharina Knoche / 9th Jan. 1848/ 14 (years) 3 (months) 18 (days) / - / the like (referring to N° 1: sufficient)

---------------------------------------------

Headline:
        Jahr 1863 / Seite 33
        year 1862 / page 33

Columns:
        Nummer / Namen der Konfirmanten / Namen und Stand der Eltern / Geburtsjahr und Tag / Alter } Jahre, Monate, Tage / Datum erfolgter Dispensazion / Kenntnisse
        number / names of confirmation candidates / names and civil stand of parents/ year of birth and day / age } years, months, days / date of done dispensation / knowledges

First Line:
        konfirmiert am Sonntage quasimodogeniti 12. April 1863
        confirmed on Sunday quasimodogeniti [= 1. sunday after eastern] 12th april 1863

Nr. 12 Friedrich Zaun / Christoph, Tag[e]löhner, und Maria Elisabeth Kepper / 17. Mai 1848 / 14, 10, 25 / - / desgl.[eichen] (zu Nr. 1: hinreichend)
        N° 12 Friedrich Zaun / Christoph, day labourer, and Maria Elisabeth Keppes / 17th May 1848/ 14 (years) 10 (months) 25 (days) / - / the like (referring to N° 1: sufficient)

Greetings Johannes

PS. Jetzt haben wir alle das gleiche geschrieben, dreifach hält besser
        Zuletzt geändert von Johannes v.W.; 07.07.2015, 20:44.
        Dergleichen [genealogische] Nachrichten gereichen nicht nur denen Interessenten selbst, sondern auch anderen kuriosen Personen zu einem an sich unschuldigen Vergnügen; ja, sie haben gar oft in dem gemeinen Leben und bei besonderen Gelegenheiten ihren vielfältigen Nutzen. Johann Jakob Moser, 1752

Kommentar

• jzaun
          Benutzer

Hi,

Thanks for this. Learned something new from this, I really had no idea what the age columns were. I tried google translate but I must have been transcribing the column headers wrong.

The really neat thing is record from page 32. I think this is a new person in my tree. I have a Friedrich who would be about the right age to be her father but I didn't have a spouse for him yet. Gives me a new place to start research!

Thank you all for the help. It makes a big difference.

Kommentar

Lädt...
          X