• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • milutinus123
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Picture of uniform information

Hello,

I have two fotos of an ancestor and I'm wondering what type of uniform/rank he held.

(EDIT)The person was from Bosnia and was jewish and doctor if that helps in anyway

1: Taken in 1917 in Vienna

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

2: Taken in 1917/1918 on his wedding, what are those medals?

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

3: Don't know the date

Thank you
    Zuletzt geändert von milutinus123; 25.03.2020, 14:24.
  • Basil
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello,

1: the uniform is a Feldbluse (field tunic) of the Austro-Hungarian Army, the rank is Fähnrich, an officer candidate rank

2: same uniform, the rank is Lieutenant, the medals may be the austro-hungarian Medal for Bravery und Karl Troop Cross, but that's not sure

3: four stars in a square and the rod of asclepius on the schoulder strap, I guess this is a military doctor (captain first class) of the Royal Yugoslav Army

Greetings
    Basil
    Zimmer: Oberlausitz und Dresden; Stephanus: Zittau, Altenburg und Ronneburg
    Raum Zittau: Heidrich, Rudolph
    Erzgebirge: Uhlmann, Lieberwirth, Gläser, Herrmann
    Burgenlandkreis: Wachtler, Landmann, Schrön

Kommentar

• milutinus123
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von Basil Beitrag anzeigen
      Hello,

1: the uniform is a Feldbluse (field tunic) of the Austro-Hungarian Army, the rank is Fähnrich, an officer candidate rank

2: same uniform, the rank is Lieutenant, the medals may be the austro-hungarian Medal for Bravery und Karl Troop Cross, but that's not sure

3: four stars in a square and the rod of asclepius on the schoulder strap, I guess this is a military doctor (captain first class) of the Royal Yugoslav Army

Greetings
      Basil
      Thank you! Is there any site with better quality pictures and descriptions of the rank?

Kommentar

• milutinus123
        Erfahrener Benutzer

I found this in Wiener Medizinische Wochenschrift, maybe it can help regarding the medals. Name is highlighted.

1917: https://imgur.com/a/0uXEzGl
        1918: https://imgur.com/a/KvcH8J1

Kommentar

• Basil
          Erfahrener Benutzer

For Fähnrich you can find rank insignia here und description here, rank insignia for officers here. The military ranks of the Yugoslav Army are shown here. For medical officers additional the rod of asclepius on the shoulder straps.

Wiener Medizinische Wochenschrift:

On first page (1917) he was promoted from Sanitätsleutnant (lieutenant of the medical corps) to Assistenzarzt (assistent medical doctor), still lieutenant but now a doctor, see this table - Grade RK XI

On second page (1918) he received an award. "Allerhöchste lobende Anerkennung ... bei gleichzeitiger Verleihung der Schwerter" - "The highest commendation ... with simultaneous awarding of the swords". I'm really not sure, but with these words the Military Merit Medal was awarded. But that's not the medal in the picture because I can't see the crown.

Maybe an expert for austro-hungarian medals should take a look at this.

Basil
          Zimmer: Oberlausitz und Dresden; Stephanus: Zittau, Altenburg und Ronneburg
          Raum Zittau: Heidrich, Rudolph
          Erzgebirge: Uhlmann, Lieberwirth, Gläser, Herrmann
          Burgenlandkreis: Wachtler, Landmann, Schrön

Kommentar

• milutinus123
            Erfahrener Benutzer

Thank you Basil!

Kommentar

Lädt...
            X