• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • corin
    Benutzer

Otto/Hans Gross

Hi everyone,

I am trying to research both Otto Gross and his father Hans. Otto was a psychoanalyst and Hans a criminologist from Graz Austria.
    I would love to be able to get a birth record for both, how possible is this? and where should I be looking? I also want to discover their family tree, I assume Hans and his wife Adele had siblings and so Otto had cousins, so I'd like to find this out. I would also like to know where they lived and what school Otto went to. Otto died in Berlin 1921, would a record of his death be attainable?
    thanks for any help,

Corin
  • Opa98
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi, here in wikipedia https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Gross

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Gross_(Kriminologe)
    ~Die Familie ist das Vaterland des Herzens~
    Guiseppe Mazzini

Kommentar

• corin
      Benutzer

I know plenty about them both including wiki... Im wanting to do family research on them

Kommentar

• Kasstor
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi,

Birth entry for Otto Hans Adolf:

Entry no 40

Regards,

Thomas
        FN Pein (Quickborn vor 1830), FN Hinsch (Poppenbüttel, Schenefeld), FN Holle (Hamburg, Lüchow?), FN Ludwig/Niesel (Frankenstein/Habelschwerdt) FN Tönnies (Meelva bei Karuse-Estland, später Hamburg), FN Lindloff (Altona, Lüneburg, Suderburg)

Ceterum censeo progeniem hominum esse deminuendam

Kommentar

• corin
          Benutzer

Thank you Thomas but I can't read it... It's asking for Adobe flash player and I'm having issues connecting it to the page. Can you take a still from it and post it? Thanks, Corin

Kommentar

• corin
            Benutzer

Hi again. I've managed to access it. Thank u. Its definitely him. Can anyone help to transcribe it all? I'm struggling with the language and also the handwriting

Kommentar

• gki
              Erfahrener Benutzer

this version is easier accessible.

there isn't much info there.

1st ist the number 40 (40th child born this year I guess)

born March 17th, 4 in the afternoon, baptized March 27th

The place is next, hard to read, Gniebing maybe

House No. 6.

given Names Otto Hans Adolf

male

catholic

Parents:
              Dr. Hans Groſs, xy Ger. Adjunct, xy I can't read "Ger. Adjunct" is probably "Gerichts-Adjunct" some junior official at a court of law.
              Adele born Raymann

Godfather:
              Wolf Raymann sen., Fabrikant in Friewaldau, Schlesien (factory owner in Friewaldau, Schlesien)
              He wasn't present himself, but in his stead Dr. Ferd. Haneisen, xy [same as above] Stabsarzt in Graz (military? doctor in Graz)

last two are the priest and the midwife.
              Gruß
              gki

Kommentar

• corin
                Benutzer

Brilliant, thank you. Good information on the grandfather Wolf. Weird that Hans father is not on there? Or is it usually the mother's dad?

Kommentar

• Kasstor
                  Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi,

in a newspaper article regarding Hans´ death I found his Ggrandfather mentioned as Johann Gross, Hofrat, also in the law court business.
                  But why not looking here: http://de3.netpure.de/cgi-bin/basepo...en&localparams

plenty of data :

e g parents:: Franziska, nee. Leuzendorff and Johann Baptist Gustav Gross, imperial Oberkriegskommissär. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_commissary :residing Graz, Am kleinen Glacis Nr. 6 (heute: Radetzkystr. 11

Thomas
                  Zuletzt geändert von Kasstor; 27.10.2018, 16:13.
                  FN Pein (Quickborn vor 1830), FN Hinsch (Poppenbüttel, Schenefeld), FN Holle (Hamburg, Lüchow?), FN Ludwig/Niesel (Frankenstein/Habelschwerdt) FN Tönnies (Meelva bei Karuse-Estland, später Hamburg), FN Lindloff (Altona, Lüneburg, Suderburg)

Kommentar

• gki
                    Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von corin Beitrag anzeigen
                    Brilliant, thank you. Good information on the grandfather Wolf. Weird that Hans father is not on there? Or is it usually the mother's dad?
                    I wouldn't say "usually", maybe his father was already dead?
                    Gruß
                    gki

Kommentar

• Kasstor
                      Erfahrener Benutzer

But I don`t find the baptism entry for Hans. Should be here http://data.matricula-online.eu/de/o...egister-header but it is not listed in the index for 1847/48. Neither Dom or Mariae Himmelfahrt parishes.
                      Hmm

Thomas

Kommentar

• corin
                        Benutzer

Zitat von Kasstor Beitrag anzeigen
                        Hi,

in a newspaper article regarding Hans´ death I found his Ggrandfather mentioned as Johann Gross, Hofrat, also in the law court business.
                        But why not looking here: http://de3.netpure.de/cgi-bin/basepo...en&localparams

plenty of data :

e g parents:: Franziska, nee. Leuzendorff and Johann Baptist Gustav Gross, imperial Oberkriegskommissär. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_commissary :residing Graz, Am kleinen Glacis Nr. 6 (heute: Radetzkystr. 11

Thomas
                        That's amazing Thomas. So his dad and grandfather were call Johann and hans is a shorted version of that name?

His grandfather was also in law... Was hans dad also working in law as well?

Kommentar

Lädt...
                        X