• weifert
    Neuer Benutzer

Eifert aus Kirchzarten

Die Suche betrifft das Jahr oder den Zeitraum: 1800-1810
    Genaue Orts-/Gebietseingrenzung: Baden, maybe Kirchzarten
    Konfession der gesuchten Person(en): katholisch
    Bisher selbst durchgeführte Internet-Recherche (Datenbanken):
    Zur Antwortfindung bereits genutzte Anlaufstellen (Ämter, Archive):

I'm searching for any information regarding Michael Eifert and/or Elizabeth Borhoe.

Up to this point we have assumed that Michael Eifert, born 1800-1806, is the son of Ernst Traugott Eifert, though there is no direct evidence to prove this. Information from our family is that Michael was born in Kirchzarten. While Ernst is supposedly his father, there is no mention of his mother.

Michael's wife was named Elizabeth, but the surname is a matter of debate. In the baptismal records of St. Luke's in Ohio, USA, she's listed as Elizabeth Brill. However, others have heard that her maiden name may have been Borhoe, and that her father may have fought with the Baden army for Napoleon.

I have no actual evidence for any of these people in Germany, and I'm hoping that you may be able to help me.
  • Horst von Linie 1
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello,
    the christian names Ernst and Traugott hardly correspond to a catholic family living in Kirchzarten in the early 19th century.
    Is there any proofed information on Michael's birthplace?
    Falls im Eifer des Gefechts die Anrede mal wieder vergessen gegangen sein sollte, wird sie hiermit mit dem Ausdruck allergrößten Bedauerns in folgender Art und Weise nachgeholt:
    Guten Morgen/Mittag/Tag/Abend. Grüß Gott! Servus.
    Gude. Tach. Juten Tach. Hi. Hallo.

Und zum Schluss:
    Freundliche Grüße.

Kommentar

• Michael

weifert,
      the church records of Kirchzarten are digitalized on FamilySearch but can only be viewed in the Family History Centers.
      Viele Grüße
      Michael

Kommentar

• weifert
        Neuer Benutzer

Zitat von Horst von Linie 1 Beitrag anzeigen
        Hello,
        the christian names Ernst and Traugott hardly correspond to a catholic family living in Kirchzarten in the early 19th century.
        Is there any proofed information on Michael's birthplace?
        No. That's the issue that I've been dealing with. I'm trying to get somebody who can look at church records in Kirchzarten to find out if there's evidence of Michael Eifert there.

Because of my research, I am familiar with Ernst Eifert's family. His father, Karl, was a Lutheran minister in Merseburg, bishop of Zeit (I think), and superintendent of the Landeschule Pforta in Saxony-Anhalt.

Ernst's son Carl "Max" Eifert was a well-known Lutheran minister in Tubingen and Calmbach who wrote several books.

Ernst himself moved to France during the revolution, and opened a beer garden across the street from the university in Tubingen.

The only mention I've seen of Michael and Ernst is this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eifert.

Only then, it just says he moved to America.

Nobody in my family has turned up actual evidence that the two are related. But anecdotally, they say the Michael was wrapped up in politics, met the Catholic daughter of a soldier in Baden, and moved off to America where he became Catholic.

As a matter of fact, I don't even have any proof of Michael Eifert in Germany. I have only proof that a Michael Eifert arrived in New York aboard the ship Wanstead, and that he was with two families - Latsch (Losh) and Hosfeild.

I don't think that it is impossible that one son might decide to convert and go off to America. The religious aspect of it makes it hard for me to believe without any solid evidence that they are related.

However, I am not familiar if there are Catholic Eiferts in Germany.

Kommentar

Lädt...
        X