• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • janhl
    Benutzer

bavarian officials

Hi
    I would like to ask if you came across the name Martin Iglo during your research. He was a secretary of the Bavarian government, according to the wedding register (his son's wedding). I tried to find my relative in "Chur-bayrischer Hof-Calender und Schematismus", but to no avail.

He died before his son's wedding, which was on August 11th, 1761 in Kłodzko. His son's name was Johann Jacob and he married Anna Maria RODOX. Johann was probably born in 1731 according to the registers of the dead.

That's all I know about him. I will be glad for any information about him or his family. Or I'll be happy if you can tell me where to look.

Thank you
  • RHab
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi,

If he was a Bavarian government official, there is a slight chance that you find him listed in the book:

Ferchl, Georg: „Bayerische Behörden und Beamte“ in: „Oberbayerisches Archiv für vaterländische Geschichte“
    (an early 20th century publication comprising - I think - a total of 3 volumes).

It covers the years 1550 to 1804 and has a name index. Unfortunately, the book does not seem to have been digitalized and placed online yet. Moreover, the book covers only officials who worked/lived in the southern part of present-day Bavaria, not e.g. Franconia or Bavarian Palatine. So don't put too high expectations on it.

Ralph
    Wenn Ihr auf einen älteren Beitrag von mir antwortet, dann schreibt mir bitte auch kurz eine PN, um mich darauf aufmerksam zu machen. Ich bekomme ja keinerlei Benachrichtigungs-E-Mails vom Forum mehr

Meine Forschungsschwerpunkte: www.rkbaf.de

Kommentar

• Kasstor
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von RHab Beitrag anzeigen
      Hi,

If he was a Bavarian government official, there is a slight chance that you find him listed in the book:

Ferchl, Georg: „Bayerische Behörden und Beamte“ in: „Oberbayerisches Archiv für vaterländische Geschichte“
      (an early 20th century publication comprising - I think - a total of 3 volumes).

It covers the years 1550 to 1804 and has a name index. Unfortunately, the book does not seem to have been digitalized and placed online yet. Moreover, the book covers only officials who worked/lived in the southern part of present-day Bavaria, not e.g. Franconia or Bavarian Palatine. So don't put too high expectations on it.

Ralph
      Hi,

I don´t know if it is complete here , but it is online.

Regards,

Thomas
      FN Pein (Quickborn vor 1830), FN Hinsch (Poppenbüttel, Schenefeld), FN Holle (Hamburg, Lüchow?), FN Ludwig/Niesel (Frankenstein/Habelschwerdt) FN Tönnies (Meelva bei Karuse-Estland, später Hamburg), FN Lindloff (Altona, Lüneburg, Suderburg)

Ceterum censeo progeniem hominum esse deminuendam

Kommentar

• RHab
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Ah, good news: Thomas found it . Bad news: No Iglo

Ralph
        Wenn Ihr auf einen älteren Beitrag von mir antwortet, dann schreibt mir bitte auch kurz eine PN, um mich darauf aufmerksam zu machen. Ich bekomme ja keinerlei Benachrichtigungs-E-Mails vom Forum mehr

Meine Forschungsschwerpunkte: www.rkbaf.de

Kommentar

• janhl
          Benutzer

Thank you both.
          Maybe someone will come across him :-)

Kommentar

• gki
            Erfahrener Benutzer

Jan,

can you provide a link to the entry for his son's wedding? I think it makes sense to look at what is written there (assuming it is in German).
            Gruß
            gki

Kommentar

• janhl
              Benutzer

Martin Iglo

Hi

I attach the record from the wedding register in the appendix.

I got it from the great Mr. Joachim Weise, who is engaged in research in Kłodzko. According to his transcript, it states:
              "Junggesell Jacob JGLOW Bürger und Caffee Schenk all of the Hochedlen Ehrenwerten und Hochgelehrten Herrn Martin JGLOW gewesenen Chur Bayerischen Regierungs Secretair Ehel (icher) hinterlassener Sohn mit der Jungfrau Anna Maria RODOXIN des Weyl (and) Whr ichen) Goldschmieds all ehel (iche) hinterlassene Jungfr (äuliche) Tochter. Mathes SCHWAB bürgerl (icher) Stadtbuchdrucker und Lorenz BIERCK bürgerl (icher) Goldschmied "

In other records, all names are listed as "Iglo"

Jan
              Angehängte Dateien

Kommentar

• gki
                Erfahrener Benutzer

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there is no place mentioned for the father.

2 thoughts:

1) The father was a "chur-Bayrischer" Sekretär, that means we only need to concern ourselves with the areas that belonged to Bavaria befor 1761. This excludes Frankonia, but includes some parts of Upper Austria. It also excludes other parts of what is now Bavaria, such as the various Hochstifts.

Here is a map

The area you want is comprised of the main light green are with Munich and Landshut, the darker green above (Oberpfalz), and the brownish area below Passau.

2) "Iglow" or "Iglo" does not strike me as a Bavarian name at all, so the father may have been from Bohemia.
                Gruß
                gki

Kommentar

• janhl
                  Benutzer

It is also possible that Martin Iglo comes from Bohemia, but the period around 1700 we searched quite thoroughly (in Bohemia). Jacob Johann came to Bohemia from Kłodzko after 1780, and since then the name Iglo has appeared in Bohemia.

This is not directly related, but there is a document from 1289 from the Regensburg showing the name Leopoludus Iglo

Kommentar

• Xtine
                    Administrator

Hello,

Zitat von gki
                    2) "Iglow" or "Iglo" does not strike me as a Bavarian name at all, so the father may have been from Bohemia.
                    I'm not sure if there is really written Iglow!

I read Igloco!

Compare it with the -co- in the first name Jacob or the w in Ludwig on top or on the right Martin Schwab!

Nevertheless the name could be only Iglo.
                    Viele Grüße .................................. .
                    Christine

.. .............
                    Wer sich das Alte noch einmal vor Augen führt, um das Neue zu erkennen, der kann anderen ein Lehrer sein.
                    (Konfuzius)

Kommentar

• janhl
                      Benutzer

by any chance, is there anyone new here who come across a person I'm looking for?

Kommentar

• janhl
                        Benutzer

I was thinking that Martin's position was just an honorary one, since he is not listed in any calendar or schematismus. has anyone encountered this?

Kommentar

• sternap
                          Erfahrener Benutzer

-ow wurde häufig zu au.

dann könnte es ein herr iglau sein., wie der ort iglau.
                          freundliche grüße
                          sternap
                          ich schreibe weder aus missachtung noch aus mutwillen klein, sondern aus triftigem mangel.
                          wer weitere rechtfertigung fordert, kann mich anschreiben. auf der duellwiese erscheine ich jedoch nicht.

Kommentar

• janhl
                            Benutzer

Yes, I know about that, I've already been instructed :-). But still Martin/Martinus/Martini Igl* is not mentioned anywhere... Not even the Bavarian Archives were able to help me. For the BLF group, Martin was born too early to be in their interest... So I'm trying to find different alternatives to find my ancestor's origin.

Kommentar

• sternap
                              Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von janhl Beitrag anzeigen
                              For the BLF group,

welcher verein ist das?

in der grafschaft glatz, in landeck,

gab es einen zolleinnehmer und postwärter, name johann jacob iglo.
                              so haben wir schon den namen iglo in glatz, Kłodzko.
                              vergiss bayern, vielleicht finden wir in glatz etwas.

kannst du den link zur webseite geben, mir ist das bild zu klein.

in bayern gab es den beamtennamen igl. ohne o.
                              Zuletzt geändert von sternap; 03.11.2022, 00:33.
                              freundliche grüße
                              sternap
                              ich schreibe weder aus missachtung noch aus mutwillen klein, sondern aus triftigem mangel.
                              wer weitere rechtfertigung fordert, kann mich anschreiben. auf der duellwiese erscheine ich jedoch nicht.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X