• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • M Dillenburg
    Neuer Benutzer

German descendants of Dillenburg, Hommes, Rodt, Meyer, Mehren, Ebert

Dear friends --

I am working on my family history, mostly ancestors from the areas of Dillenburg, Cochem, Strohn, Krov, Hillesheim, and other beautiful towns along the Moselle and Rhein and Eifel areas.

I have several parts of my family traced back to the 1500s and I am looking for other relatives. The Dillenburg family originated near Siegen, moved down to Trier area near Wittlich, and surroundings. The Roth family and Dillenburg family married several times, both families being families of Scharfrichters!! Looking for relatives of Johan Dillenburg, came from Trier to Chicago, Illinois USA to build churches, and work as an architect and builder. His relatives were Eberhard (hutmacher from Trier) and Sebastian Hommes, farmer from Strohn, Leonard Meyer from Hillesheim, Magdalena Mehren from Hillesheim and Daun, and Johan Kaufmann, carpenter born in 1824 in Alsace region, all Katholic, all speak german, arrived in Chicago in 1849.
  • Scherfer

Hello and welcome!

You can find some information on the Dillenburg families on the webpage of Eberhard Reform executioners in the Palatinate:

See also this book and CD on executioner families including Dillenburg and Roth:
    Scharfrichter und Schindersippen: Autor: Eike Pies Scharfrichter- und Schindersippen im ehemaligen Kurfürstentum und Erzstift Trier sowie in den ...

Finally two webpages (search for "Dillenburg"):

Please let us know, if you need help with the translation.
    Zuletzt geändert von Scherfer; 20.04.2018, 08:06.

Kommentar

• tscher2019
      Neuer Benutzer

Zitat von M Dillenburg Beitrag anzeigen
      Dear friends --

I am working on my family history, mostly ancestors from the areas of Dillenburg, Cochem, Strohn, Krov, Hillesheim, and other beautiful towns along the Moselle and Rhein and Eifel areas.

I have several parts of my family traced back to the 1500s and I am looking for other relatives. The Dillenburg family originated near Siegen, moved down to Trier area near Wittlich, and surroundings. The Roth family and Dillenburg family married several times, both families being families of Scharfrichters!! Looking for relatives of Johan Dillenburg, came from Trier to Chicago, Illinois USA to build churches, and work as an architect and builder. His relatives were Eberhard (hutmacher from Trier) and Sebastian Hommes, farmer from Strohn, Leonard Meyer from Hillesheim, Magdalena Mehren from Hillesheim and Daun, and Johan Kaufmann, carpenter born in 1824 in Alsace region, all Katholic, all speak german, arrived in Chicago in 1849.
      My name is Tim Scher. I am a descendant of Johann Dillenburg of Cochem, Germany. He married Catherine Eberhard of Trier, Germany. Johann would be my Great Great Grandfather via the lineage. My mother Marilyn Scher was Marilyn Cooper before she got married. She is the daughter of Anne Caroline Dillenburg and Henry Cooper. Anne Caroline Dillenburg was my Grandmother. She is the daughter of Ferdinand August Dillenburg and Lucy Kaufmann. Ferdinand August Dillenburg would be my Great Grandfather and was the sone of Johann Dillenburg whihc would be my Great Great Grandfather.

I am very interested in learning more of the family tree as far back as possible from Johann Dillenburg as I can. I have the family tree from Johann forward to present. I am located in the USA (Georgia).

My email is tscherwindstream.net

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X