Patience - getting records from the Standesamt.

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Angy
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Patience - getting records from the Standesamt.

Hi Forum Friends

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

My partner who speaks German quite well rang the Schleusingen Standesamt in Thuringia (tonight Australia time) as I have been waiting about 3 months for my Father and Grandparent's birth, marriage and death certificate (and maybe other family members). The lady said she hasn't even started searching.

As you can imagine this is frustrating because I don't have any other leads to go on until I get information about my Grandparent's (I'm hoping the documents includes their parent's name so I have great grandparent's names).

Maybe writing down my frustration gets it out of my system.

Thanks for reading!

Regards,

Angy
    Angy (Australia)
    Thüringen - Schleusingen: Henn; Dallwitz; Möller; Kuhles; Sittig; Langbein; Schneider; Unger; Frobenius; Bernhardt; Schmidt; Kälber; Hickfang;
    Thüringen - Steinbach oder Schwarzbach (Auengrund): Hanf; Heerlein; Schlott; Lindner, Brückner; Hitschold; Kolk; Fiedler; Meisch; Christ; Haueis; Kriegling; Rudolph;
  • saburasti
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi

Just put the data you already have here in the forum. Maybe someone will find you who can help you.

LG
    Saburasti
    Suche: Boxhorn, Escher, Hammerschmid(t), Heyder, Hillenmaier aus Dinkelsbühl, Kochnisch/Kochniss od. Kochnich, Langbein, Macheleit, Treuner, Tröbs u. Zeiner. Alle aus dem Raum Oberfranken (Ludwigsstadt, Gräfenthal, Issigau, Ebersdorf,Steinbach a.d. Heide, Langenau)

Kommentar

• OliverS
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi "Angry"

that is sometimes normal this area (Thuringa) is not a region where everything is already digital (has no films yet) at the moment, and let me say, if your ancestor was in the German Wehrmacht and you will have his information from the "WASt" you have to wait 1 to 3 years currently...

Some Standesamt are fast, some are not. Depends also on other tasks they have to do. And just for information, did you gave her some details about the dates?

That is another point, if not the research will be much longer and the costs are much more expensive...
      As saburasti wrote, tell us your knowing details and we can see if we can help you
      Zuletzt geändert von OliverS; 13.09.2018, 11:28.
      Dauersuchen:

1) Frau ?? verwitwerte WIECHERT, zwischen 1845 und 1852 neu verheiratete SPRINGER, wohnhaft 1852 in Leysuhnen/Leisuhn
      2) GESELLE, geboren ca 1802, Schäfer in/aus Kiewitz bei Schwerin a.d. Warthe und seine Frau Henkel
      3) WIECHERT, geboren in Alikendorf (Großalsleben) später in Schönebeck

Kommentar

• Angy
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Thanks Olivers (I presume you did "Angry" in fun!) I provided the Standesamt with dates and reference details eg My fathers was born in Schleusingen eg 8/1919and similar for marriage details of my grandparents. I also received a letter from the WASt and they advised about a 2 year wait.

So I might knit a couple of jumpers in the meantime, ha, ha!

Cheers,
        Angy
        Angy (Australia)
        Thüringen - Schleusingen: Henn; Dallwitz; Möller; Kuhles; Sittig; Langbein; Schneider; Unger; Frobenius; Bernhardt; Schmidt; Kälber; Hickfang;
        Thüringen - Steinbach oder Schwarzbach (Auengrund): Hanf; Heerlein; Schlott; Lindner, Brückner; Hitschold; Kolk; Fiedler; Meisch; Christ; Haueis; Kriegling; Rudolph;

Kommentar

• OliverS
          Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von Angy Beitrag anzeigen
          Thanks Olivers (I presume you did "Angry" in fun!)

yes ;-) That´s why it´s in ".."

i had some Standesamt they called within a day, others took month.
          Just wait, relax and drink tee

cheers
          Oliver
          Dauersuchen:

1) Frau ?? verwitwerte WIECHERT, zwischen 1845 und 1852 neu verheiratete SPRINGER, wohnhaft 1852 in Leysuhnen/Leisuhn
          2) GESELLE, geboren ca 1802, Schäfer in/aus Kiewitz bei Schwerin a.d. Warthe und seine Frau Henkel
          3) WIECHERT, geboren in Alikendorf (Großalsleben) später in Schönebeck

Kommentar

• eifeler
            Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Angy,

solving a problem like this, I got into the habit in directly contacting the towns mayor and, sardonicly, "congratulate" him on his staff and their polite and efficient way of working.

My experiences: It' works wonders.
            Zuletzt geändert von eifeler; 09.12.2018, 22:54.

Kommentar

• Angy
              Erfahrener Benutzer

Good suggestion "Eifeler"
              Angy (Australia)

Kommentar

• Tokyta
                Benutzer

Hei,

If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask.
                I'm from the closer region of Schleusingen (around 20km) so if (maybe in the later searching process) you need someone to go through the older documents there, I can offer myself to to so.

Btw. don't know if it helps, but in my paralell cours in highschool there's a girl with the Family Name Sittig and in my cours is a guy with the family Name Möller
                Personensuche:

Herrmann Marr *12.02.1906 in Mehmels (Thüringen)
                Elly Rothe *18.03.1924 in Schlesien

Böhmen, .v.a. Ceska Lipa: Baumer, Doms/Thoms, Führich, Gürtler, Herrmann, Kunte, Kutscher, Mattauch, Minks, Langer, Pietsch, Reinsch, Richter, Seliger, Tietz, Till
                Schlesien: Leopold (Kreis Reichenbach), Rothe
                Thüringen : Baumbach, Bock, Gutmann, Haack, Marr

Kommentar

Lädt...
                X