neue Beiträge
  • ellend1
    Erfahrener Benutzer

[gelöst] Saarbrücken Family Book

Quelle bzw. Art des Textes: FamilySearch
    Jahr, aus dem der Text stammt: circa 1700
    Ort und Gegend der Text-Herkunft: Saarbrücken
    Namen um die es sich handeln sollte: EICHBORN

Good evening. I am seeking geography and translation help with the first spouse of Johann Nicolas:

Anna Magdalena, born April 1683 of Landau
    Father: (unknown first name) EICHBORN, ????????????????

I am trying to find records for Anna Magdalena and her father.

Also, seeking help with the possible location of Landau. The only Landau I find on a map is Landau in der Pfalz.

I am attaching a picture and the Family Search link (page 667/1044):

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Thank you for any assistance.

Regards,

Ellen
    Angehängte Dateien
  • Upidor
    Erfahrener Benutzer

There are three towns with this name:
    Landau in der Pfalz
    Landau an der Isar
    Landau bei Bad Arolsen

Kommentar

• rpeikert
      Erfahrener Benutzer

It must be Landau in der Pfalz. If you do a combined search for "Gasthof zum Schaf" and "Landau", Google finds several documents, which all refer to Landau in der Pfalz.

Regards
      Ronny

Kommentar

• ellend1
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Many thanks to both of you.

Kind regards,

Ellen

Kommentar

• Upidor
          Erfahrener Benutzer

What I found is: …. His father-in-law was the nephew and heir of the first banker in Silesia and court banker to Frederick the Great, Johann Ludwig Eichborn (1699-1772), the son of a master saddler and grandson of a butcher and innkeeper from Landau in the Palatinate. Johann Ludwig Eichborn had left his homeland around 1722 and immigrated to Breslau.
          In 1728, he founded a forwarding, commission and exchange business there under his name and was admitted to the Wroclaw Stock Exchange as a wholesale merchant in 1736. In the same year, his brother Matheus Eichborn had joined the company as a partner, which was then called "Johann Ludwig und Matheus Eichborn" and, from 1766 until it left Wroclaw in 1945 due to the war, "Eichborn & Co.". An attempt made in 1951 to operate a banking business in Nuremberg under the same company failed in 1956
          Zuletzt geändert von Upidor; 24.06.2022, 22:21.

Kommentar

• Upidor
            Erfahrener Benutzer

Template
            Genealogical data of Johann Ludwig Eichborn
            Father: Johann Jakob (1661-1724), master saddler, son of the butcher and innkeeper Johann Georg in Landau;
            Mother: Maria Kath. (1665-1761), Daughter of the councillor and innkeeper Johann Justus Kempf in Landau;

Perhaps these data may help you

Kommentar

• ellend1
              Erfahrener Benutzer

Well, that is a lot of information! May I ask where you found this?

But I am confused or I am misunderstanding: how can Johann Ludwig Eichborn (1699-1772) be the father of Anna Magdalena Eichborn (because she was born in 1683)?

It is interesting and I appreciate your time. I apologize because I think I am misinterpreting how these people relate to Anna Magdalena Eichborn. May I please ask for more assistance?

Kind regards,

Ellen

Kommentar

• Upidor
                Erfahrener Benutzer

While researching the name "Eichborn" and "Landau", I first came across a Wikipedia entry on the "Eichborn noble family". I found it interesting that the father of Johann Ludwig Eichborn mentioned in it was an innkeeper, which also fits with the reference in the baptism entry.
                To get hints about the father I searched for information about Johann Ludwig Eichborn, whereupon I found the genealogy entry. In it the data of his father and the name of his grandfather can be found.
                Assuming that these Eichborns are the innkeepers of the mentioned inn "Gasthaus zum Schaf", from my point of view one could draw the following conclusions from the data:
                - Johann Jakob Eichborn *1661 would be possible as father
                - Johann Jakob Eichborn could be her uncle, i.e. Johann Georg would be her grandfather.

Here are the links:
                https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eichborn_(Adelsgeschlecht)

Kommentar

• ellend1
                  Erfahrener Benutzer

Thank you so much for the links and explanations. I will be looking into this more and I appreciate the help! Have a good weekend.

Kind regards,

Ellen

Kommentar

Lädt...
                  X