• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Jostein Bø
    Neuer Benutzer

Searching Frank Ullmann

Hallo!

I'm calling from Telavåg - Norwegen. I'm searching for Frank Ullmann and need Your help. He served in WW2 and from a picture I can see that he probably served as an obergefreiter in the Minesucher- or Ubootjagdverbande. He was in Oslo in march 1944, and before that, probably in the Narvik aera in North of Norway and in Egersund in the south west. If he is still alive, and hopefully he is, he must be around 85 years no, so time is running out. I know he survived the war. That's all I know. I know that Frank Ullmann is a very common name in Germany, but I have to give it a try. So if somebody out there knows something or knows someone who knows someone who knows something I would be very thankfull if you would contact med.

Best regards
    Jostein
  • Jostein Bø
    Neuer Benutzer

RE: Searching Frank Ullmann

Hallo again!

I've got some new information during last week and the weekend. The correct name of the man I'm searching is probably Franz Uhlemann. He live/lived in the east zone. No information of wich city. And from an old railroadworker who still remember very well and worked at the railroad during winter/spring 1944 in Oslo at an age of 17 I've been told that in february/march 1944, a minensucher, M2 came into Oslo harbour, towing another damaged navy wessel. M2 was also damaged. Some days after there were some kind of ceremony abord M2 with some high ranking offiers at scene. So that could be the one, even though he was not 100% sure if it was M2. About a year after, M2 sank in Fedjefjorden not far from where I live during a rakettenangriff.

Best regards

Jostein

Kommentar

Lädt...
    X