• donaldaskey
    Benutzer

Family of Friedrich Recktenwald born 1866 in Saarland

Die Suche betrifft das Jahr oder den Zeitraum:
    Genaue Orts-/Gebietseingrenzung:
    Konfession der gesuchten Person(en):
    Bisher selbst durchgeführte Internet-Recherche (Datenbanken):
    Zur Antwortfindung bereits genutzte Anlaufstellen (Ämter, Archive):

RECKTENWALD, Friedrich (Fritz) W, born 2 Nov 1866 somewhere in Saarland. U.S. death certificate (11 Feb 1907) cites parents Jacob and Margreta. Brother Wilhelm H born Mar 1859. The brothers emigrated separately to the U.S. in early mid 1880s. Seeking his place of birth and other siblings.
  • Jogy
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Donald,
    the only one that fits your search is:
    Jakob Wilhelm Recktenwald * 2.8.1823 Urexweiler
    oo December 26, 1845 in Illingen / Saar
    Margarethe Elisabeth Goetzinger * January 14, 1824 Quierschied
    The couple had the following children:
    1st Catherine * 11/20/1846
    2.Jacob * 1.12.1848
    3. Anna Maria * March 24, 1851
    4.Philipp * May 28, 1853
    5. Johanna * September 21, 1855
    6.Wilhelm * 3/17/1859
    7. Margarethe * February 19, 1862
    Friedrich would have to follow here, but is not mentioned in the German documents.
    Greetings Jogy

Kommentar

• donaldaskey
      Benutzer

Thanks so much, Jogy.

Here's the challenge: I have found Philipp, Barbara b. 2 Jan 1858, no Johanna, Wilhelm and Margaretha in the Heusweiler civil records. And I've learned from another researcher of the seven children you mention with references to the Kirche Buch from Illingen--KKBILL.

There is a gap in the Heusweiler civil records from 1863 to 1875 when my man Friedrich (Fritz) born 1866 could have been recorded. And since the civil and church records are not in agreement regarding this couple's children, I would like to search the Illingen church records on the theory that Friedrich just might be there. How does one get access to those records, short of going physically to Illingen. A staff member of ahnenforschung.net tells me there are no on-line searchable Illingen church records.

Would searching the Illingen records be doable if I hired somebody, do you think? Somebody must have searched the Illingen church records, because the seven children you mention came from such a search. Any suggestions on how I might proceed from here? Thanks again.

Kommentar

• Jogy
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Donald,
        the original church records from Illingen are in the diocese archive in Trier. From these church records, family researchers have compiled the families from the wedding, birth, baptism and death dates in so-called family books. The Illingen family book contains the children I have given you. They were all born in Quierschied. Friedrich is not among them. The following options are available:
        - either Friedrich was not born in Quierschied but was registered in another place and there in the church register,
        - or it is not registered in any church register but only civilly at the registry office.
        - During this time, the entries in the church register were in upheaval. In 1803 Quierschied came from Heusweiler to Illingen. In 1862 Quierschied became a parish vicarium and in 1869 it became its own parish. Maybe Friedrich was lost there.
        In the second case it is
        Civil registry office Quierschied
        Rathausplatz 1
        66287 Quierschied
        Telephone number: 0697 / 961-0
        Email: MailQuierschied.de
        Official website: www.quierschied.de

- the church dates from 1862 are available at the parish of Quierschied:
        Parish community Quierschied
        Marienstrasse 20
        66287 Quierschied
        Tel: 06897 62245
        Mariahimmelfahrtquierschied gmx.de
        responsible.

Greetings Jogy
        Zuletzt geändert von Jogy; 09.05.2020, 08:36.

Kommentar

• Pollie
          Erfahrener Benutzer

Friedrich Recktenwald born 1866 in Saarland.

Hallo.
          Aus den Unterlagen.

Peter Jakob Recktenwald
          *28.10.1833 Urexweiler
          +26.2.1906 Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania,USA

oo 11.5.1861 Urexweiler

Margaritha Goetzmajer
          *6.12.1835 Urexweiler
          +19.6.1915 Allegheny Counter, Pennsylvania, USA
          1. Friedrich (Fritz) Wilhelm (Frederick William)
          *2.11.1866 Essen
          +11.2.1907 Somerset, Pennsylvania, USA
          Einwanderung in die USA um 1885
          __________________________________________________ _____________
          Mit besten Grüßen.
          Hermann.
          Zuletzt geändert von Pollie; 09.05.2020, 14:55. Grund: Änderung.

Kommentar

• Xtine
            Administrator

Hello,

do you know, that we have annother Recktenwald researcher?
            Hallo Allerseits, Mein Name ist Frank Recktenwald, geboren in Deutschland aber aufgewachsen in Holland darum entschuldige ich mich fuer mein Deutsch, bin ein halber Kaesekopf. ;) Weil ich nicht aufgewachsen bin mit meine Verwantschaft an Vaters seite und eigentlich nicht weiss von der Familie habe ich seit kurzem angefangen
            Viele Grüße .................................. .
            Christine
            sigpic .. .............
            Wer sich das Alte noch einmal vor Augen führt, um das Neue zu erkennen, der kann anderen ein Lehrer sein.
            (Konfuzius)

Kommentar

• FJ Recktenwald
              Erfahrener Benutzer

Hermann, Christine thanks for your input.
              I have been in contact already with Donald because our DNA matched on Ancestry as 4-6th cousin.
              In my tree I don't have a Peter Jakob, the one born in 1833 is a Wilhelm but he died in 1840.
              How would one explain the fact then that Donald and I are related?
              Danke im voraus, Frank.

Kommentar

• donaldaskey
                Benutzer

Jogy, thanks for the clarity about the confusion of records. Are you suggesting I contact Maria Himmelfahrt directly?

Pollie, the family you cite never existed as such. It's "fake news." Two Jakob Recktenwalds married a Margaretha in the Saarland at pretty much the same time. One couple Jakob Peter Recktenwald married Margaretha Recktenwald (they were cousins) from Urexweiler and they emigrated to Pennsylvania. The other couple Jakob Wilhelm Recktenwald and a Margaretha Götzinger, from Quierschied and Illingen, did not emigrate. The name Goetzmajer is a mistake on Fritz's death certificate. The name Goetzmajer does not exist. A descendent of the Urexweiler/Pittsburgh Recktenwalds read me the riot act over this confusion and the trouble it has caused. No one will find the source of the family you cite as it is the construction of a series of amateur genealogists wanting to connect dots today that were never connected in the 1860s. But I do honestly appreciate your taking the time to respond to my query.

Kommentar

• donaldaskey
                  Benutzer

Jogy, can we connect via email directly? I won't trouble you with lengthy questions, but you seem knowledgeable about mid-19th-cen. recordkeeping in Saarland and I'd welcome some help. Drop me a line at askey.donald@yahoo.com, if contacting you directly is OK. Thanks. Donald

Kommentar

Lädt...
                  X