Looking for ancestors from Nehring Family (Vienna)

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Jakub_Witkowski
    Benutzer

Looking for ancestors from Nehring Family (Vienna)

Die Suche betrifft das Jahr oder den Zeitraum: 1872
    Genaue Orts-/Gebietseingrenzung: Wien / Lower Austria
    Konfession der gesuchten Person(en): Roman Catholic
    Bisher selbst durchgeführte Internet-Recherche (Datenbanken): GenTeam.eu (including the latest update), MyHeritage, FamilySearch, GeneaNet, Matricula-Online
    Zur Antwortfindung bereits genutzte Anlaufstellen (Ämter, Archive): considering a search in Kriegsarchiv Wien

Greetings all,

I am looking for any piece of information that could lead me to the birth record of my great-great-grandfather, Gustav NEHRING (possibly Gustav Otto NEHRING). According to the family memories, he was a veterinarian serving in the Austro-Hungarian army, probably somewhere close to Sambor, Galicia. He was married to Karolina Müller, probably in 1902, and their four children, including my great-grandmother Fryderyka, were born in Sambor. There is also a single surviving family photo.

Other than these rather dim family memories, I only have the record of Gustav's death, published in Verlustliste 699, p. 37:
    https://digi.landesbibliothek.at/vie...te_Nr_0699/37/ - for now, this is basically my only source of robust information; born 1872, served in Reitende Schuetzenregiment nr. 3 as Oberbeschlagmeister, came from Vienna.

To date, I did the following:
    1) I have read indexes to all baptism books spanning year 1872 (usually +/- several years) for all but few Viennese Roman-Catholic parishes available on Matricula-Online. The few that I did not read had illegible handwriting. The only book that included a family named NEHRING was St. Leopold parish, consistent with a GenTeam search. The NEHRINGs from St. Leopold were apparently several years younger than my ancestor. Earlier books from st. Leopold do not seem to include an older generation of the NEHRING family.

2) Using https://namenskarten.lima-city.at/en/ I noticed that the family name NEHRING is rather rare in Austria, today occurring mostly in and around Linz, in Braunau district, in Vienna and in Amstetten district. Am I right in assuming that the latter two would be consistent with the Heimatrecht Niederoesterreich, as indicated in the Verlustliste? Unfortunately, if I am not mistaken, Matricula-Online includes fewer resources for Amstetten than for Vienna, so at present there is not that much to look through.

Am I missing any important piece of information from the Verlustliste death notice? The Verlustliste information is probably enough to start searching in the Austrian military archives, but before I do so, I'd like to try and use any existing online resources to learn more about Gustav Nehring and find his parents and earlier ancestors. Any suggestion from anyone more experienced in researching Austrian roots would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps anyone out there is a descendant of a related branch of the Austrian Nehrings?

Many thanks in advance.
    Jakub Witkowski
    Szczecin / Stettin, Poland
  • Sinhuber
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hallo,
    you can find his Grundbuchblätter from the army here:
    https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...81&cat=2259751 and following pages.
    (no parents are mentioned in the Grundbuchblätter).
    If you need help with reading the documents please let me know.

For the birth it says Magistrat Wien, that means it was a civil birth, you should contact the Wiener Stadt- und Landesarchiv and ask for Zivilmatrik 1867-1938, there exists an index as well, but is not online.
    Mail is post@archiv.wien.gv.at, as far as I know they charge 35,- per half an hour of research.
    Best regards
    Christine
    Zuletzt ge?ndert von Sinhuber; 01.02.2020, 15:32.

Kommentar

• Jakub_Witkowski
      Benutzer

Hello Christine,

I cannot thank you enough! For so long, I had no leads whatsoever on that particular person, and now I even know the eye color and height. I had no idea these were available on FamilySearch.

Thank you also for the suggestion to look further at the magistrate, will be sure to do that.

If you ever need any help in research in Poland, I will be happy to return the favor.

Many thanks again!
      Jakub
      Szczecin/Stettin

Kommentar

• guss
        Benutzer

Hallo Christine, kannst du mir bitte erklären, wie du auf die Grundbuchblätter gekommen bist? Ich kann mich in FS nicht wirklich zurecht finden. Danke, guss

Kommentar

• Sinhuber
          Erfahrener Benutzer

Hallo,
          das Kriegsarchiv findest Du hier: https://www.familysearch.org/search/...ywords%3AArmee und dann leider durchwühlen, ev. noch nach Zeitraum einschränken.
          LG
          Christine

Kommentar

• Jakub_Witkowski
            Benutzer

Hi, if I may provide an answer: I think it is the easiest to reach them by using the Search -> Catalog function. If you type "Österreich. Armee" into the "Keywords" field, there are a large number of results with various Grundbuchblätter.

Greetings,
            Jakub

Kommentar

• guss
              Benutzer

Vielen Dank und thank you for the answers. guss

Kommentar

Lädt...
              X