Joannes Pettaq/Jois Bettack/Joannes Bettack (Bettaq) married in 1707 in Dannstadt, Rhineland-Palatin

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Nettiem
    Benutzer

Joannes Pettaq/Jois Bettack/Joannes Bettack (Bettaq) married in 1707 in Dannstadt, Rhineland-Palatin

Die Suche betrifft das Jahr oder den Zeitraum:
    Genaue Orts-/Gebietseingrenzung:
    Konfession der gesuchten Person(en): Roman Catholic
    Bisher selbst durchgeführte Internet-Recherche (Datenbanken):
    Zur Antwortfindung bereits genutzte Anlaufstellen (Ämter, Archive):

I am searching for proof of parentage of Joannes Bettack.

Joannes Bettack/Pettag married firstly Katharine Unknown.

Katharine died in Dannstadt, Rhineland-Palatinate on 30.06.1707.

He then married Anna Maria Benrath on 18.10.1707 in Dannstadt and had 5 children.

I have this record but there is no image so I am unable to see if his parents are recorded on the record.

I also have the information that he was a shepherd in Duttweiler (before his marriage???) and he died 07.08.1726 in Dannstadt.

His parents could be Jean Betacq and Jeanne Le Bove (La Bauve) from Mannheim. They were Huguenots. Their son Jean, born in1674 in Mannheim, did not appear to arrive in Brandenburg with the when they travelled north in about 1688.

I would be extremely grateful for any help.

Many thanks,

Nettiem
  • Meggsi888
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Nettiem,

you can find the actual records on familysearch.org. You can register there for free. To find the record, you need to click on "Search" and then on "Catalog". There you can type in the place you're looking for.

I have researched the records you mentioned and if you're registered, you can also find them by using those links:

I'm afraid this probably is not good news for you. There is one thing I could recommend you: While researching your ancestors, I came across a genealogical publication from Winfried Seelinger which is called "Familien in Dannstadt und Schauernheim 1480 bis 1880". Maybe someone from this forum has a copy of this book and can tell you if it includes more information about Johann Bettag.

Good luck!

Kommentar

• Nettiem
      Benutzer

Hello Meggi888,
      Thank you very much for all that information.
      I had found the records on ancestry.com but didn't give familysearch a thought to look for the actual paper record so I am thrilled to see them.
      No, it doesn't give me the link to parents that I am searching for but I will certainly follow up on your advice.
      Once again I have found this forum very helpful.
      Stay safe,
      Nettiem for Australia

Kommentar

• Konrad
        Erfahrener Benutzer

It seems that there are 2 similar books (maybe different editions): https://www.worldcat.org/search?q=su...qt=hot_subject

But is this the right forum? If you ask for someone who posesses this book, I think ist would be better to ask in the forum for Rheinland-Pfalz ( https://forum.ahnenforschung.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22 ).

As to Johannes Bettag and his parents, I have found him in Geneanet: https://gw.geneanet.org/klauslandry?...c=1&p=johannes - you have to register for free to contact the author of the tree.

Good luck!
        Konrad

Kommentar

• Nettiem
          Benutzer

Hello Meggsi888,
          Following your hint I was able to contact Winfried Seelinger & I have already received a response.
          He has virtually proven that information some people have re the parentage of Joannes Pettag cannot be correct.
          I am very pleased to now have the correct information so that you again for your assistance.
          Stay safe,
          Nettiem

Kommentar

• Nettiem
            Benutzer

Hello Konrad,
            Thanks for your response.
            As you can see I have been able to get the information I was looking for.
            The advice from Winfried Seelinger suggests that the info on geneanet.org/klauslandry re parentage of Joannes may not be correct.
            I am a direct descendant of the Jean Betacq (& his first wife) that he (klauslandry) has recorded as the father of Joannes (d.1726 Dannstadt) so I wanted to be sure before continuing with my tree.
            Many thanks,
            Nettiem

Kommentar

Lädt...
            X