• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • kolsi
    Benutzer

Searching for the transported family

Hello,
    I come from Czech Republic and I don't speak German, so I'm sorry for writing in English.

I'm searching for the family of my relatives who were transferred from the former Czechoslovakia to Germany in 1946.

It was family of Hermann Josef (*1894) and Hermine (*1896) Kohlschütter from Teplitz-Schönau. They had 3 sons - Herbert (*1921), Hermann (*1927) and Max (*1933) and 3 daughters (Elfrieda, Gerta and Emilie), all born in Prosetice near Teplitz. I just found their transportation lists in our town archive.

From the information I found on the internet, it seems that the parents with one daughter were transported to Marburg and the sons were transported to Wuppertal. I found there some of the mentioned names in the address books around 1960s - Hermine in Marburg and Hermann+Herbert in Wuppertal.

I would like to find their living ancestors and contact them about the topic of my family tree completion, share some information and if possible to exchange some family photos.

Is there any chance to find them?
    Thank you.
    Gerne helfe ich bei der Recherche im Raum Teplitz-Schönau.

Ich spreche kein Deutsch, ich benutze Google Translator.

Tomas
  • Ingenieur
    Erfahrener Benutzer

In the first step ask the redcross tracing service for further informations about these persons:

The tracing service of the German Red Cross helps people in the worldwide search for relatives and advises on all questions of family reunification.

This service is free of charge. They will send you the last known adress of them.
    In Germany you have to register at the town were you are living. These informations are available in the registraion office or the archive.
    The Next step is to ask the registration office of the last known town for the actually (last) adress. Mostly they will give you also the informations about the children of these persons, because they are registered at the same adress. If the person moved to another city you will get the date and adress when and were he moved. Then you have to ask at the register office from the next town. This service will cost about 5-10 Euro per request.

Kommentar

• kolsi
      Benutzer

Thank you, I filled the request on that website and I will wait for the result.

Tomas

Kommentar

• kolsi
        Benutzer

Yesterday, I got an official letter from Redcross service. Unfortunately, the result is negative. Nobody from the searched family has been found in their archives.

Tomas

Kommentar

• JürgenSonntag
          Erfahrener Benutzer

Do you know stayfriends.de? I found two ladies with the name Kohlschütter from Wuppertal there. If you are registered as 'Gold member' (24 € per year) there you are able to write messages to them or I could do it for you.

Kommentar

• Ingenieur
            Erfahrener Benutzer

You can also contact the "Heimatkreis Teplitz-Schönau":

Maybe they have lists of the former residents of the area of Teplitz-Schönau and their adress after 1945.

Kommentar

• kolsi
              Benutzer

Zitat von JürgenSonntag Beitrag anzeigen
              Do you know stayfriends.de? I found two ladies with the name Kohlschütter from Wuppertal there. If you are registered as 'Gold member' (24 € per year) there you are able to write messages to them or I could do it for you.

I know it. I created account there but I was required to pay to send and read messages.
              I found one lady (Petra) on Facebook. I contacted her a few months ago, she promised me to find more information but no other response from her.

I will write a message later this week, could you send it (and translate to german) to the second lady (Elke K.)? Thank you.

Tomas

Kommentar

• JürgenSonntag
                Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello, yes ofcourse. I would do so.

Kommentar

• kolsi
                  Benutzer

Hello. Several months have passed but I got no response from Elke.

But I was able to find the old address of the son Herbert. He lived in Neustadt/Hessen in 1990. This corresponds to address of his mother Hermine in "Marburg Landkreis Einwohnerbuch" from 1967.

If I look at the surname distribution map of German, I can see that our surname still appears in this area (probably directly in Neustadt) but I wasn't able to google anything. I'm not sure what year the maps reflect:

Distribution of surname KOHLSCH?TTER on the german map. Enjoy generating surname maps of your friends and discovering their geographic origin.

I also wrote e-mail to Neustadt/Hessen magistrat but no response from them.

Tomas

Kommentar

• assi.d
                    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello,

You could write or call several Kohlschütters in the German telephone book:

ll▶ Kohlschütter gesucht? Richtige Adressen und Telefonnummern finden! 35 Einträge zu Kohlschütter mit aktuellen Kontaktdaten, Öffnungszeiten und Bewertungen ☎ Das Telefonbuch - Ihre Nr. 1 für Adressen und Telefonnummern ✓

I did this with all people in Germany and Austria with my surname.

Greetings Astrid

Kommentar

• kolsi
                      Benutzer

Thank you for your idea. However, I don't think it will work especially when I don't speak German. Most of them will also be rather related to Lutheran branch of Kohlschütter family that moved to Germany at the beginning of 17th century. But I tried to e-mail to some people where I found their e-mail address. No response.

I also tried e-mailing to magistrat of Marburg, magistrat of Neustadt and Neustadt cemetery administration. I didn't get a response from either of them.

Tomas

Kommentar

• Katemi85
                        Neuer Benutzer

Hi, ich komme aus Deutschland. Meine Verwandten kommen aus Neustadt und Wuppertal.

Liebe Grüße
                        Katrin Kohlschütter

Kommentar

• Katemi85
                          Neuer Benutzer

Hallo, ich kenne mich hier noch nicht so gut aus. Herbert Kohlschütter war mein Opa. Bitte um Kontaktaufnahme. Ich freue mich :-)

Kommentar

• kolsi
                            Benutzer

I am happy. I sent you private message with my e-mail address.

Tomas

Kommentar

• Katemi85
                              Neuer Benutzer

Hi, ich habe dir per Email geschrieben.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X