• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • mcnaughton1
    Benutzer

New to German/Polish Ancestry

It has only been within the last few months that I have really started obtaining information from Poland about my ancestors. So it feels like I am the only researching these people and I am really hoping someone that visits these forums, may have a connection to my family.

Most of my family it seems have come from Crossen and Alt Rehfeld. The names I am researching are: Kasan, Tanne, Paulke, Neumann, Kassner, Kalmus, Schwenzer, Natusch, and Liehr. All of them from around the Lower Silesia area.

I would really love some help on the Kalmus last name. My great-grandmother was Emilie Gertrud Kalmus b. 08 September 1907 in Weigelsdorf, Silesia and died 05 Feb 1999 in Nuremberg. Her father was August Kalmus (brick layer) in Tannenberg and her mother was Ernestine Kalmus nee Tanne. All Protestant religion. Emilie had a brother named Richard Kalmus (gardener) who was born sometime around 1903. I found the brother through my great-grandmother's marriage certificate.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.
  • Weltenwanderer

Hello!
    Putting those requests into the area-specific subforums increases the likelihood of knowledgeable or related people to read your post. Christoph-www should be your first stop for Silesian genealogy. If a place does not appear, check Kartenmeister.com to see which parish or register office it belonged to.
    Hier finden Sie die aktuellen Lagerstellen der Kirchen- und Zivilstands-Bücher Schlesiens.

Regards,
    Weltenwanderer
    Kreis Militsch: Latzel, Gaertner, Meißner, Drupke, Mager, Stiller
    Kreis Tarnowitz / Beuthen: Gebauer, Parusel, Michalski, Wilk, Olesch, Majer, Blondzik, Kretschmer, Wistal, Skrzypczyk, von Ziemietzky, von Manowsky
    Brieg: Parusel, Latzel, Wuttke, Königer, Franke
    Trebnitz: Stahr, Willenberg, Oelberg, Zimmermann, Bittermann, Meißner, Latzel
    Kreis Grünberg / Freystadt: Meißner, Hummel

Mein Stammbaum bei GEDBAS

Kommentar

• Kleinschmid
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Her birth certificate and one more from her cousin (?).
      link
      Angehängte Dateien
      Zuletzt geändert von Kleinschmid; 14.08.2018, 12:58.

Kommentar

• sonki
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi!

Your great-grandmother Emilie also had a sister Margarete Else, born June 26th
        1909 in the same village of Weigelsdorf. She was married two times, the first one was 1936 in Berlin-Friedenau and the second one 1939 in Berlin-Schöneberg (as mentioned in the small notes at the bottom).
        Angehängte Dateien
        Слава Україні

Kommentar

• mcnaughton1
          Benutzer

Where in the world did y'all find this information? I have been working on this line for two years. Thank you for the help.

Kommentar

• Kleinschmid
            Erfahrener Benutzer

Next one: The death certificate from Emilie's father August. See also the casualty report for WIAs - or in this case later on DOWs - from WW I). He was born (7th August 1879) in Lampersdorf county of Frankenstein Lower Silesia. One has to check (German: "Von den Mormonen mitbringen" // link) the civil registration of births for Lampersdorf in a FHC to get his parents.
            Angehängte Dateien
            Zuletzt geändert von Kleinschmid; 15.08.2018, 08:42.

Kommentar

• mcnaughton1
              Benutzer

Confused

Are there any instructions on how to use http://www.archeion.net/atom/tools/i...xt=Weigelsdorf the Archeion website. I am only asking because I came across a Richard Kalmus born about 1903 in Weigelsdorf, so now I am trying to hunt down a certificate for him.

Thank you for all of the help. It is so appreciated.

Kommentar

• Kleinschmid
                Erfahrener Benutzer

Sorry - no match for Richard Kalmus in 1903, but there is one more cousin from Ernestine. One needs a djvu-viewer to open and read such files from the Polish State Archives - see here or here.
                Angehängte Dateien

Kommentar

• Weltenwanderer

Hello,

simply download the DJVU plugin from https://www.cuminas.jp/en/downloads for Internet Explorer - other browsers won't work - or open the link to the .djvu file in DJVULibre (link above). You are quite lucky since marriage and death registers are online until the 1930s, and the marriage registers have been indexed starting from 1914.

Regards,
                  Weltenwanderer
                  Kreis Militsch: Latzel, Gaertner, Meißner, Drupke, Mager, Stiller
                  Kreis Tarnowitz / Beuthen: Gebauer, Parusel, Michalski, Wilk, Olesch, Majer, Blondzik, Kretschmer, Wistal, Skrzypczyk, von Ziemietzky, von Manowsky
                  Brieg: Parusel, Latzel, Wuttke, Königer, Franke
                  Trebnitz: Stahr, Willenberg, Oelberg, Zimmermann, Bittermann, Meißner, Latzel
                  Kreis Grünberg / Freystadt: Meißner, Hummel

Mein Stammbaum bei GEDBAS

Kommentar

• sonki
                    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello,

here's the birth certificate for Ernst August Kalmus (August 7th 1879 in Lampersdorf) and the marriage certificate of his parents Carl Friedrich August Kalmus (occupation: weaver) and Maria Kleinert from November 14th 1875.
                    Angehängte Dateien
                    Слава Україні

Kommentar

• mcnaughton1
                      Benutzer

Umm. Speechless over here in Montana, USA

Sonki, you have no idea how much this information means to me. Thank you.

Kommentar

• mcnaughton1
                        Benutzer

Zitat von sonki Beitrag anzeigen
                        Hello,

here's the birth certificate for Ernst August Kalmus (August 7th 1879 in Lampersdorf) and the marriage certificate of his parents Carl Friedrich August Kalmus (occupation: weaver) and Maria Kleinert from November 14th 1875.
                        Where did you find them?

Kommentar

• Kleinschmid
                          Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von sonki Beitrag anzeigen
                          here's the birth certificate ...
                          Besten Dank auch von mir für die Mühe!

Bevor da etwas verlorengeht:
                          Caroline Kalmus
                          - (Karl Friedrich) August Kalmus, * Raudnitz, Krs. Frankenstein, ~ 1855, + Vasseny, Frankreich, 26. July 1918, ev., Weber u. Einlieger zu Lampersdorf, Krs. Frankenstein, (1875 in Habendorf), oo Lampersdorf 14. November 1875, Maria Kleiner, ev., * Lampersdorf ~ 1857, To. d. August Kleiner, + vor 1875, Einlieger, u.d. Dorothea Bahl
                          - - Ernst August, * Lampersdorf 7. August 1879, Maurer, oo Ernestine Tanne, To. d. ? Tanne, + vor 1903, u. d. Ernestine Träger
                          - - - Emilie Gertrud, * Tannenberg, Krs. Reichenbach, 8. September 1907, + Nürnberg 5. February 1999, ooI. Weigelsdorf 25.October 1930 (o|o Guben 11. September 1934), (Karl Robert) Fritz Kasan, * Rusdorf, Krs. Crossen, 12 May 1900, Gärtner, ooII. Weigelsdorf 1938
                          - - - Margarete Else, * Tannenberg 20. June 1909, oo.I. Berlin-Friedenau 1936, ooII. Berlin-Schöneberg 1939

- (Ernst) Wilhelm Kalus, * Raudnitz 20. August 1852, + Weigelsdorf 12 December 1934, Kutscher, oo Rauditz 1879 Ernestine (Luise) Fulde, * Zülzendorf, Krs. Nimptsch, 25. February 1852, + Weigelsdorf 12. December 1902
                          - - Karl (Wilhelm) Kalus, Arbeiter, * 9. April 1874 Neu Zülzendorf, Krs. Nimptsch, + Weigelsdorf 1.12.1941, Arbeiter, oo Weigelsdorf 22. May 1898 Luise Bertha Töpper, * Weigelsdorf 22. October 1872
                          - - - Gustav (Hermann) Kalus, * Weigelsdorf 1. July 1897, oo Weigelsdorf 2. July 1921 (Klara) Emma Schölzel, * Langenbielau 18. May 1896
                          - - - Klara Martha, * Weigelsdorf 13. March1902, + Weigelsdorf 9. September 1902
                          - - - Otto Erich, * Weigelsdorf 4. April 1905, Bauarbeiter, oo Weigelsdorf 8. March 1930, Ernestine Martha Stieglitz, * Weigelsdorf 12. December 1902

- - Anna Kalmus, oo Pohl
                          - - - Paul Hermann, * 28. January 1905, oo Weigelsdorf March 1928

Kommentar

• mcnaughton1
                            Benutzer

Zitat von Kleinschmid Beitrag anzeigen
                            Besten Dank auch von mir für die Mühe!

Bevor da etwas verlorengeht:
                            Caroline Kalmus
                            - (Karl Friedrich) August Kalmus, * Raudnitz, Krs. Frankenstein, ~ 1855, + Vasseny, Frankreich, 26. July 1918, ev., Weber u. Einlieger zu Lampersdorf, Krs. Frankenstein, (1875 in Habendorf), oo Lampersdorf 14. November 1875, Maria Kleiner, ev., * Lampersdorf ~ 1857, To. d. August Kleiner, + vor 1875, Einlieger, u.d. Dorothea Bahl
                            - - Ernst August, * Lampersdorf 7. August 1879, Maurer, oo Ernestine Tanne, To. d. ? Tanne, + vor 1903, u. d. Ernestine Träger
                            - - - Emilie Gertrud, * Tannenberg, Krs. Reichenbach, 8. September 1907, + Nürnberg 5. February 1999, ooI. Weigelsdorf 25.October 1930 (o|o Guben 11. September 1934), (Karl Robert) Fritz Kasan, * Rusdorf, Krs. Crossen, 12 May 1900, Gärtner, ooII. Weigelsdorf 1938
                            - - - Margarete Else, * Tannenberg 20. June 1909, oo.I. Berlin-Friedenau 1936, ooII. Berlin-Schöneberg 1939

- (Ernst) Wilhelm Kalus, * Raudnitz 20. August 1852, + Weigelsdorf 12 December 1934, Kutscher, oo Rauditz 1879 Ernestine (Luise) Fulde, * Zülzendorf, Krs. Nimptsch, 25. February 1852, + Weigelsdorf 12. December 1902
                            - - Karl (Wilhelm) Kalus, Arbeiter, * 9. April 1874 Neu Zülzendorf, Krs. Nimptsch, + Weigelsdorf 1.12.1941, Arbeiter, oo Weigelsdorf 22. May 1898 Luise Bertha Töpper, * Weigelsdorf 22. October 1872
                            - - - Gustav (Hermann) Kalus, * Weigelsdorf 1. July 1897, oo Weigelsdorf 2. July 1921 (Klara) Emma Schölzel, * Langenbielau 18. May 1896
                            - - - Klara Martha, * Weigelsdorf 13. March1902, + Weigelsdorf 9. September 1902
                            - - - Otto Erich, * Weigelsdorf 4. April 1905, Bauarbeiter, oo Weigelsdorf 8. March 1930, Ernestine Martha Stieglitz, * Weigelsdorf 12. December 1902

- - Anna Kalmus, oo Pohl
                            - - - Paul Hermann, * 28. January 1905, oo Weigelsdorf March 1928
                            May I ask where you obtained this information from?

Kommentar

• sonki
                              Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von mcnaughton1 Beitrag anzeigen
                              Where did you find them?
                              Hello,

I did find them in the civil registration records of Lampersdorf. In his death record it was noted that he was born there with the exact date written in pencil on the left edge of the page. As for the marriage record of his parents - well, I assumed they married in Lampersdorf and browsed through the years and finally found them. I should mention that these records are currently not online, but they are available in a familysearch center.
                              Слава Україні

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X