• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • CLMroots
    Neuer Benutzer

REISS/REIS, in Michelbach before 1836

I am trying to learn more about my REISS family from Michelbach. They emigrated from Bayern in 1836, arriving in Baltimore in December.

Adam REISS b. abt 1786 and Anna Margaretha REISS b. abt 1789 (geboren Kunzmann).They had three daughters, Margaretha born around 1811, Anna born 1817, Veronika born in 1827. Sons were Peter, Conrad, Jacob, Johann. I believe the family was Catholic.

I have tried to locate church records through the LDS Family History Centre with no success. Can anyone suggest where I might write to obtain church records for this family? I believe the church would be St. Laurentius Michelbach. I have been in touch with Bistums Wuerzburg but they can not assist with genealogical questions.

Thanks in advance.
  • sina077
    Benutzer

Hello CLMroots, what would you like to know? I will be in Würzburg soon and I am also having information on KUNZMANN from the Michelstadt and Albstadt area. Maybe I can help.

Kommentar

• CLMroots
      Neuer Benutzer

Hi sina077,
      I'm having difficulty finding copies of any church record for this family at all. I would like to find Margaretha Reiss' birth record and the marriage record of her parents. I don't know if there are Familienbücher for Michelbach, but I would love to see something like which would give an overview of the family. I haven't been able to order the church records through the Mormon library here...they have discontinued the microfilm program now, and haven't digitized these particular church records yet, so I just can't access them.

Kommentar

• sina077
        Benutzer

I noted names and birth years for Kunzmann one week ago. Michelbach list shows M. Anna, born 1789, born Kunzmann. Will try to find out if she married Reiss and see if I can find the Reiss children. Could you please e-mail the FamilySearch ID for this family please, or a family sheet or list, makes it much easier. Could print it and take it with me to Würzburg.

Kommentar

• sina077
          Benutzer

Oh, and yes, the family is definitely Catholic!

Kommentar

• sina077
            Benutzer

The emigrant list (region Aschaffenburg) shows that JOHANN ADAM REUS from MICHELBACH and his wife ANNA MARIA KUNZMANN emigrated in 1836 together with children (names not noted). On 11 April 1836 they were allowed to leave. Source is noted as: StAWü / LRA Alzenau 1096 u. 1098; AZ Beil. z. Nr. 78 / S. 362 u. S. 381

I already thought the family name could be REUS or REUSS because this name is more common in Michelbach/Alzenau than REISS

Kommentar

• CLMroots
              Neuer Benutzer

That's the family! Thanks for confirming their emigration details for me.
              This all I have on this family so far:

Family Group Record for Johann Adam Reuss

================================================== ====
              Husband: Johann Adam REIS/REUSS
              Born: 1786
              Baptized:

Wife: Anna Maria KUNSMANN
              Born: 1789
              Baptized:

Children
              1 F Margaretha Anna REIS
              Born: Abt 1811 - Bavaria
              Baptized:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              2 M Peter REIS
              Born: 1814
              Baptized:
              Died: 1841

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              3 F Anna G. REIS
              Born: 1817
              Baptized:
              Died:
              Buried:
              Spouse:
              Marr. Date:
              4 M Conrad REIS
              Born: 1819
              Baptized:
              Died:
              Buried:

5 F Anna M. REIS
              Born: 1822
              Baptized:
              Died:
              Buried:

6 M Jacob REIS
              Born: 1823
              Baptized:
              Died:
              Buried:
              Spouse:
              Marr. Date:
              7 F Veronika REISS
              Born: 6 Sep 1827 - Michelbach, Bayern, Germany
              Baptized:

8 M Johan REIS
              Born: 1834
              Baptized:
              Died:
              Buried:
              Spouse:
              Marr. Date:
              I really appreciate your help with this.

Kommentar

• sina077
                Benutzer

Back from Würzburg, I do not have everything for this family but a lot of new information. Would you please send your email address to me, I will email the scanned documents.

Kommentar

• sina077
                  Benutzer

Family is named REIS in church records. Johann Adam Reis was born on 8 November 1786 in Michelbach, his wife Anna Maria Kunzmann was born on 9 November 1789 in Michelbach. They married on 17 February 1811 in Michelbach.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                  X