Zurück   Ahnenforschung.Net Forum > Allgemeine Diskussionsforen > Genealogie-Forum Allgemeines
Hier klicken, falls Sie Ihr Kennwort vergessen haben.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen Thema durchsuchen Ansicht
Alt 27.09.2018, 15:45
Freienhagen Freienhagen ist offline
Benutzer

Standard Searching for the Freienhagen family

Hi. My name is Robert. I'm building a family tree of my family. Unfortunately, I encountered a problem and I can not go deeper because there are no record books.because there are no record books. Karol Freyenhagen is my most distant ancestor which in 1879 at his son's wedding is dead.The only starting point is a family story telling about it that one of the ancestors escaped from his father went to the US for profit and was murdered on the way back in the vicinity of the towns of Rypin Brodnica in East Prussia (today's Poland) by his drivers. There was a trial and the driver was caught.According to the message, they were a noble stateI would ask for help in finding people involved in this story. Thank you in advance for your help

Robert

Geändert von Freienhagen (27.09.2018 um 15:50 Uhr)
Alt 27.09.2018, 16:01
Benutzerbild von Xtine
Xtine Xtine ist offline weiblich
Administrator

Standard

Hello Robert,

welcome at ahnenforschung.net.

What was the name of Karol Freyenhagens son? Where was his marriage?
Can you show us a scan of the marriage certificate of his son?

Do you know the name of his (Karol's) wife?

Please let us know the details of his family you already know.
Wer sich das Alte noch einmal vor Augen führt, um das Neue zu erkennen, der kann anderen ein Lehrer sein.
(Konfuzius)

Alt 27.09.2018, 16:21
Benutzer
Themenstarter

Standard

Hi Xtine

Thank you for the warm welcome

The son's name was Jan Karol Hugo Frejnhagen -The surname in each subsequent document sounds a little different
The marriage took place in the village " Przyrowa" but Jan was born in village "Jedwabnie" both in Easten Prussia
His wife is Natalia Jelwic/Elwic (Karol's wife)
I do not know what else I could say if something is not clear, ask

For clarity I do not know if Karol and the person from the story who escaped from the Father is the same person

Jan got married at the age of 28
Alt 27.09.2018, 21:33
Benutzerbild von Posamentierer
Posamentierer Posamentierer ist offline männlich
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Hello Freienhagen,

your Jan Karol Hugo Frejnhagen was born at noon on April 25th, 1851
and baptized in Jedwabno on June 9th, 1851 (Lutheran) as
Johann Carl Hugo Freyenhagen (please note the „y“).

His father, Carl Freyenhagen was a Gastwirth (innkeeper),
his mother, Natalie née Elwitz, both living in Jedwabno.

Godparents were:
Ferdinand Gerwin, Christoph Reich, Dorothea Podehl, Gustav Julius et[and] Philippine Elwitz, Caroline Boczek.

I sent you a pn.

Good luck, searching!

Geändert von Posamentierer (27.09.2018 um 22:21 Uhr)
Alt 28.09.2018, 12:51
Benutzer
Themenstarter

Standard

Hi

Posamentierer you are amazing

How did you get this data
I do not know if you know but for 2 years I was in the same place, not to mention that lately I even rented a detective so that he would search the record books for me from the given town for me in Poland but he found nothing.If it was possible to go back one more generation and get to know the data of Carl Freyenhagen's ancestors, it would be wonderful.This would allow me to confirm or refute my family history. That means a lot to me.

I forgot to mention at the beginning why one of my ancestors went to the USA and why this whole History happened. Well, he made misalliance.He wanted to marry his own servant, so he ran away from home and said that in the US he would earn a fortune that his father had because he knew that his parents would not agree to this marriage.

Robert
Alt 28.09.2018, 14:47
Benutzerbild von AKocur
AKocur AKocur ist offline weiblich
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Hi Robert,

Zitat:
How did you get this data
It's online on ancestry.

Here is some more data (purposely leaving the orthography of the names as on the documents):

The marriage of Carl Freynhagen and Natalie Elwitz was in Jedwabno on october 29th, 1850. No parents are named in the field for permission by the parents to marry. His parents aren't alive anymore, her father possibly also. Carl's age is listed as 30 years, Natalie was 26, both from Jedwabno (living, not necessarily born).

More of their children:
  • Ludwig Emil Ferdinand Freyenhagen, b. 2 apr 1853, bapt. 24. apr 1853, d. 30. dec 1853 at his birth, the father‘s name is listed as Carl Wilhelm Ferdinand Freyenhagen
  • Franz Julius Richard Freinhagen, b. 26 march 1858, bapt. 3. apr 1858, d. 7 feb 1862
  • Theodor Herrmann Ewald Freynhagen, b. 21 dec 1860, bapt. 26. dec 1860

Let me know if you'd like the documents. Carl's profession isn't always called "Wirth" but I couldn't make it out myself.

Greetings,
Antje
Alt 28.09.2018, 18:40
TükkersMitÜ TükkersMitÜ ist offline weiblich
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Hello,

maybe it's important to notice that a "Wirth" in Eastern Prussia was not an innkeeper, he was a farmer.

Sorry, just saw that it really says "Gastwirth" in the original documents, thats indeed an innkeeper
Zitat:
Zitat von AKocur Beitrag anzeigen
The marriage of Carl Freynhagen and Natalie Elwitz was in Jedwabno on october 29th, 1850.
In the "Aufgebot" there is also a town mentioned which is called Heselicht. Maybe one of them was born there?

There is the death record of a woman called Philippine Elwitz in Jedwabno which lists as one of the deceased's children a Natalie. Philippine Elwitz born Pikatz was a "Obercontrolleurs-Witwe" and died on September 8 1872 in Jedwabno. She was 81 years old. Her children are: Emma, Julius (?), Nathalie, Laura, Gustav, Ewald, Emilie, Ludowika, Mathilde and Emil, all grown up. There are weddings of some of her children in Jedwabno.

However, the family seems to originate from somewhere else, which is indicated by the fact that Johann Elwitz, Obercontrolleur, and his wife Philippine Pikatz baptised children in at least two different parishes. They were living in Fürstenwalde und Mierunsken.

Regards, Annika
Schäfer Gottfried Wesener + 1781 in Groß Leuthen und Umgebung
Familie Kunde in Pollnow Krs. Schlawe
Alt 28.09.2018, 19:52
DoroJapan DoroJapan ist offline weiblich
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Hello,

Fürstenwalde:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%BCrstenwalde

"Fürstenwalde, Kreis Ortelsburg, Ostpreußen: Księży Lasek, Dorf im Powiat Szczycieński, Woiwodschaft Ermland-Masuren, Polen"

Should be the right one - distance Księży Lasek to Jedwabno: 42-45 km

cheers
Doro
Böhmen-Schluckenau: Pietschmann: Hainspach, Schirgiswalde; Kumpf: Alt Ehrenberg 243, 28; Ernst: Nixdorf 192
Alt 28.09.2018, 22:14
Benutzer
Themenstarter

Standard

Hi
AKocur If it could be, I would be very grateful because I do not have access to Ancestry.com

Robert
Alt 28.09.2018, 23:35
Benutzerbild von Posamentierer
Posamentierer Posamentierer ist offline männlich
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Hello Robert,

it's such a pleasure, to help you over this hurdle!

Here is another clue: as Antje AKocur noticed, when Ludwig Emil Ferdinand was baptized, his father's complete name was given as Carl Wilhelm Ferdinand Freyenhagen. When Carl and Natalie married, he was 30 years old. Here is a baptism for a Carl Wilhelm Ferdinand Freyenhagen, born January, 8th 1820 in Cammin (today probably Kamień Pomorski in Poland), baptised on January, 10th. His father was Johann Friedrich Freyenhagen, a coxswain. His mother Henriette Cochey. There is no other or better match for the complete name on Ancestry.

Even so Cammin is more than 300 miles away from Jedwabno, I would keep this family in mind, when looking for your ancestors.

Have a nice weekend!
Antwort

Lesezeichen

Themen-Optionen Thema durchsuchen
Thema durchsuchen:

Erweiterte Suche
Ansicht