• ellend1
    Erfahrener Benutzer

[gelöst] Saarbrücken Family Book

Quelle bzw. Art des Textes: Family Search
    Jahr, aus dem der Text stammt: 1683
    Ort und Gegend der Text-Herkunft: Saarbrücken
    Namen um die es sich handeln sollte: Beilstein and Eichborn

Hello. I am seeking help with two items on this page:

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

1. Can someone help with the entry regarding the first wife of Joh. Nicolas Beilstein? I believe it says she is Anna Magdalena Eichborn of Landau (I am not sure where this is located), born APR 1683 and died 1724. Her father is NN Eichborn. Specifically - - what does it say after the father's name?

2. The way this page is set up, am I to understand there is no known connection between Hermann Beilstein (named at the top of the page) and Joh. Jacob Beilstein (the next name on the page)? If someone can translate what is written in the Hermann Beilstein entry, it is appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Ellen
    Angehängte Dateien
  • Gastonian

Hi Ellen:

Landau is most likely this place (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landau), which is 50 miles due east of Saarbrücken.

Yes, J. Nicol. Beilstein's first wife was A. Magdal. Eichborn, born in Landau in April 1683, daughter of NN Eichborn, "Gasth[alter] zum Schaf" (which means innkeeper of the inn or pub known as "The Sheep" or "Sign of the Sheep"); she died 7 July 1724

And yes, there is no known connection between Hermann Beilstein and Joh. Jacob Beilstein (who was about a generation later than Hermann).

I read the entry for Hermann as follows: "Hermann, der Schreiner et ux. Maria kommen vor im alten hies. K. B. d. 11. Aug. 1622. u. 11. Jul. 1624." In translation: "Hermann [Beilstein], carpenter, and his wife Maria appear in the old churchbook here on 11 August 1622 and 11 July 1624." From my experience with churchbooks of this vintage, I would assume that they were recorded as taking communion on those dates.

Regards

--Carl-Henry
    Meine Ahnentafel: https://gw.geneanet.org/schwind1_w?iz=2&n=schwind1&oc=0&p=privat

Kommentar

• ellend1
      Erfahrener Benutzer

As always, thank you for sharing your knowledge, Carl-Henry.

In 1835, this line of my family becomes connected to a family with the surname "Gasthalter" - I never thought about it's meaning. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Ellen

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X