Is is possible to purchase telefon buchs from Germany?

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • phidelt649
    Benutzer

Is is possible to purchase telefon buchs from Germany?

Hallo!

I have found a few addresses of Wittekinds through telefonbuch.de. However, I was wanting to know if there is anywhere I can purchase Eisenach, Mellingen, Thuringa, etc. telefon buchs. I have begun sending personal letters to Wittekinds in Germany hoping that they have some sort of information to help me as I am stuck at a roadblock in the 1675s. Hope to find someone there that has knowledge of my family history.

Thank you in advance!
  • Xtine
    Administrator

Hello,

do you want to buy current telephonebooks? Why? It's the same that you can find on https://www.dasoertliche.de/ or https://www.dastelefonbuch.de/ and there it is free.
    Viele Grüße .................................. .
    Christine

.. .............
    Wer sich das Alte noch einmal vor Augen führt, um das Neue zu erkennen, der kann anderen ein Lehrer sein.
    (Konfuzius)

Kommentar

• phidelt649
      Benutzer

Hello and thank you for your response. I’ve looked through both of those websites and could only find about 41 Wittekinds in all of Germany and I know there has to be more than that. I felt that perhaps city specific, such as Mellingen, may be better suited for what I’m looking for.

Thank you!

Kommentar

• AKocur
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von phidelt649 Beitrag anzeigen
        and I know there has to be more than that. I felt that perhaps city specific, such as Mellingen, may be better suited for what I’m looking for.
        The websites that Xtine pointed you to are the online versions of the printed ones. The telephone directories printed for each city (and provided for free within that city) contain the same telephone numbers. If a number is listed in a printed version, it's also listed on the website.

There's also no requirement to have your private telephone number listed at all. You can simply opt out of having your number listed. If you decide to have your number listed, you can also decide whether or not your adress is listed as well. Also mobile numbers are not listed there by default; if you want your mobile number listed, you have to ask for it to be listed... that's something the majority of people don't do at all.

So there very well may be more people with the family name you're looking for, but they simply decided not to have their telephone number listed in the public directory.

Greetings,
        Antje

Kommentar

• Xtine
          Administrator

Hello,

it is not mandatory to be in the phone book.
          A lot of people don't want to hava a phone book entry!

So you perhaps can buy the books, but there wouldn't be more information.
          Viele Grüße .................................. .
          Christine

.. .............
          Wer sich das Alte noch einmal vor Augen führt, um das Neue zu erkennen, der kann anderen ein Lehrer sein.
          (Konfuzius)

Kommentar

• phidelt649
            Benutzer

Got it, thanks for all of your answers. I was just trying to figure out a way to locate possible relatives. I guess back to the drawing board!

Kommentar

• MH54321
              Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello phidelt649,

I just wanted to add that in many cases the late 1600s is as far back as you can get.

The Thirty Years War meant that a lot of villages got razed to the ground, churches and churchbooks burned and people fled or got murdered. In some parishes it took until the early 1700s for churchbook records to start again.

I wish you luck with your endeavour, but I doubt that you'll be successful in cracking your brickwall this way.

Regards,

mh.
              Suche FN Hansmann (Hohenberg-Krusemark), FN Gruss/Gruß/Gruhs (Groß Rodensleben, Dreileben), FN Heindorf(f) (Stendal, Tangerhütte, Celle), FN Frey (Königsberg, Borchersdorf, Ostpreuss.)

Kommentar

Lädt...
              X