Benutzer

Johan Stoderl

Die Suche betrifft das Jahr oder den Zeitraum: 1805-1825
    Genaue Orts-/Gebietseingrenzung: Zetschen (Cecin) or Cham Bayern
    Konfession der gesuchten Person(en): Catholic
    Bisher selbst durchgeführte Internet-Recherche (Datenbanken):
    Zur Antwortfindung bereits genutzte Anlaufstellen (Ämter, Archive):

Hello again!

Ich bin Amerikaner. Appreciate the help reading gothic script.

I am looking for the birth record of Johan Stoderl. I believe he was born about 1818. He is the son of Georg Stoderl und Margaretha Lang. I originally thought he was born in Zetschen (Cecin)...however on 1869 census...he is listed as being from Ghom (Cham?) Baiern. I have searched Zetschin book and have not found him. I am hoping one of you can find him.

Danke Sehr!
    Colin

• Huber Benedikt
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Good morning
    I really think the origin of Johann is Cham /Bayern just opposite the border.
    Cham is diocese Regensburg and unfortunately the parish books of this episcopate are not published yet.
    So either you´ve to wait until they will publish (start of digitalization is promised in 2021) or somebody may look in the archive in Regensburg personally when they open again.(they are closed now cause of the corona disease)
    So I fear you´re blocked in the moment
    Ursus magnus oritur
    Rursus agnus moritur

Kommentar

• tfndh
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Georg's death entry in Zetschen No. 7: https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...54&w=632&h=259
      Ausnehmer = retired farmer

In this babtism entry for his son Michael in 1806 his wife is Margaretha Frascha(?) from Liebeswar/Libosvár. The entry on the next page maybe also belongs to him. The fathers name is Adam, but the mother and the house is the same.

In 1848 Barbara, a daughter of Georg has a child in Černá Hora. Her mother is Margaretha Lang from Troschelhammer.

It looks like Georg moved to Bavaria some time after 1806. His first wife died and he married again. Later he moved back again to Zetschen. I don't see any death entries for his first or second wife in Zetschen.

Did you recognize that Johann was a widower at the time of his marriage with Elisabeth Trüber?
      Zuletzt geändert von tfndh; 05.05.2021, 22:45.

Kommentar

• plvcolin
        Benutzer

Zitat von tfndh Beitrag anzeigen
        Georg's death entry in Zetschen No. 7: https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...54&w=632&h=259
        Ausnehmer = retired farmer

In this babtism entry for his son Michael in 1806 his wife is Margaretha Frascha(?) from Liebeswar/Libosvár. The entry on the next page maybe also belongs to him. The fathers name is Adam, but the mother and the house is the same.

In 1848 Barbara, a daughter of Georg has a child in Černá Hora. Her mother is Margaretha Lang from Troschelhammer.

It looks like Georg moved to Bavaria some time after 1806. His first wife died and he married again. Later he moved back again to Zetschen. I don't see any death entries for his first or second wife in Zetschen.

Did you recognize that Johann was a widower at the time of his marriage with Elisabeth Trüber?
        No, I did not know. Do the records say he had a 1st wife?

It is too bad Regensburg is not yet digitalized. I'm sure it will be someday. I am reconstructing this family solely based on records. Nothing is remembered in the family about them.

Thanks again for helping,
        Colin

Kommentar

• plvcolin
          Benutzer

Zitat von Huber Benedikt Beitrag anzeigen
          Good morning
          I really think the origin of Johann is Cham /Bayern just opposite the border.
          Cham is diocese Regensburg and unfortunately the parish books of this episcopate are not published yet.
          So either you´ve to wait until they will publish (start of digitalization is promised in 2021) or somebody may look in the archive in Regensburg personally when they open again.(they are closed now cause of the corona disease)
          So I fear you´re blocked in the moment
          I trust your judgement. Will have to wait for digitalization.

Thanks again,
          Colin

Kommentar

• tfndh
            Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von plvcolin Beitrag anzeigen
            No, I did not know. Do the records say he had a 1st wife?

It is too bad Regensburg is not yet digitalized. I'm sure it will be someday. I am reconstructing this family solely based on records. Nothing is remembered in the family about them.

Thanks again for helping,
            Colin
            The death entry for his first wife: https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...24&w=667&h=262
            Cause of death is Brand (high fever).

I found his entry in the Grundbuch: https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...=3&w=644&h=262
            He inherits the house from his deceased wife Elisabeth. The other heir is her mother Katharina Weniger. The house belonged to Stephan Weniger (+ October 28th 1844).
            There is a reference to their marriage contract: https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...62&w=548&h=225
            Elisabeths maiden name is Mähner. It says Johanns father Georg is present when the contract is signed on January 20th 1844. So the death entry in Zetschen in 1842 isn't him??

There is also a marriage contract with Elisabeth Trüber: https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...13&w=447&h=183

Kommentar

• plvcolin
              Benutzer

The death entry for his first wife: https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...24&w=667&h=262
              Cause of death is Brand (high fever).

I found his entry in the Grundbuch: https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...=3&w=644&h=262
              He inherits the house from his deceased wife Elisabeth. The other heir is her mother Katharina Weniger. The house belonged to Stephan Weniger (+ October 28th 1844).
              There is a reference to their marriage contract: https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...62&w=548&h=225
              Elisabeths maiden name is Mähner. It says Johanns father Georg is present when the contract is signed on January 20th 1844. So the death entry in Zetschen in 1842 isn't him??

There is also a marriage contract with Elisabeth Trüber: https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...13&w=447&h=183
              Wow, this is interesting stuff. Can you provide a rough translation of the Grundbuch and marriage contract?

The 1st Elizabeth's father was Mähner...and mother was Katharina Weniger? Was Stephen Weniger a brother? Is there any clue to where 1st Elizabeth is from? Perhaps I can find record of her marriage to Johan.

Very strange about Georg Stoderl. I wonder if it's a different Georg? Perhaps a nephew?

Thank you for all of this extra research.

Colin

Kommentar

• tfndh
                Erfahrener Benutzer

Wow, this is interesting stuff. Can you provide a rough translation of the Grundbuch and marriage contract?

The 1st Elizabeth's father was Mähner...and mother was Katharina Weniger? Was Stephen Weniger a brother? Is there any clue to where 1st Elizabeth is from? Perhaps I can find record of her marriage to Johan.

Very strange about Georg Stoderl. I wonder if it's a different Georg? Perhaps a nephew?

Thank you for all of this extra research.

Colin

There is a marriage entry: https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...56&w=987&h=402

Elisabeth is the illegitimate daughter of Katharina Mähner. Stephan Weniger is her stepfather. The house actually belonged to her mother. Elisabeth inherited the house from her grandparents Joseph Mähner and his wife Katharina according to her grandmothers testament (Grundbuch p. 163).
                The most important points in the marriage contract are: Johann's father Georg is paying a dowry. Elisabeth is commiting the house to her husband.
                Equally in the contract with Elisabeth Trüber. Elisabeth's father is paying a dowry. In case Johann dies without children the house will go to her.

I think it's possible that there is a confusion about Johann's father by the writer. The contract is only signed with "Stoderl groom's father".

I'm not really convinced by the Cham-theory. In the census the first two letters are "Gh", but the ending does not look like "am" if you compare it with the "am" from Adam. For me it looks something like Ghend. Maybe it's a misheard "Kemnath". This would match Johann's mother being from Troschelhammer Landgericht Kemnath.

Kommentar

• plvcolin
                  Benutzer

There is a marriage entry: https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...56&w=987&h=402

Elisabeth is the illegitimate daughter of Katharina Mähner. Stephan Weniger is her stepfather. The house actually belonged to her mother. Elisabeth inherited the house from her grandparents Joseph Mähner and his wife Katharina according to her grandmothers testament (Grundbuch p. 163).
                  The most important points in the marriage contract are: Johann's father Georg is paying a dowry. Elisabeth is commiting the house to her husband.
                  Equally in the contract with Elisabeth Trüber. Elisabeth's father is paying a dowry. In case Johann dies without children the house will go to her.

I think it's possible that there is a confusion about Johann's father by the writer. The contract is only signed with "Stoderl groom's father".

I'm not really convinced by the Cham-theory. In the census the first two letters are "Gh", but the ending does not look like "am" if you compare it with the "am" from Adam. For me it looks something like Ghend. Maybe it's a misheard "Kemnath". This would match Johann's mother being from Troschelhammer Landgericht Kemnath.
                  Probably not Ghent Belgium . I will have to wait until parish records are available for Torschelhammer and Cham. Thank you for your judgement. I wouldn't know where to begin.

I never knew any of this. Very interesting. I'm surprised how fast Johan remarried. His 1st wife dies in March 20 and he marries his 2nd wife May 13! Different culture back then.

Is George Stoderl listed as a witness for the 1844 marriage?!? Very strange.

Thanks again for the help,
                  Colin

Kommentar

• tfndh
                    Erfahrener Benutzer

Is George Stoderl listed as a witness for the 1844 marriage?!? Very strange.
                    It's not Georg Stoderl but Georg Sandner. He also signed the marriage contract (2x) as Georg Sandner Namenschreiber (name writer) and Georg Sandner Richter in Altsattl und Zeug[e] (judge in Altsattl and witness)

Kommentar

• tfndh
                      Erfahrener Benutzer

Hey,

I can solve the mystery of the undead Georg Stoderl after I looked at this entry from Johann's sister again. Here Georg is described as a weaver in Černá Hora no. 6. Johann's father is also described as inhabitant or cottager. So it can't be the Georg Stoderl in Zetschen, who is a farmer. Why would he suddenly move to Bavaria if he owns a farm anyway.

This is the death entry for Georg in Černá Hora in 1848 (2nd one, the first is Barbara's illegitimate son): https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...31&w=642&h=264

The are actually two Georg Stoderl from Zetschen. One born in 1767, the other in 1780. (The register for births in Újezd Svatého Kříže 06 is in 04)
                      Zuletzt geändert von tfndh; 12.05.2021, 19:20.

Kommentar

• plvcolin
                        Benutzer

Hey,

I can solve the mystery of the undead Georg Stoderl after I looked at this entry from Johann's sister again. Here Georg is described as a weaver in Černá Hora no. 6. Johann's father is also described as inhabitant or cottager. So it can't be the Georg Stoderl in Zetschen, who is a farmer. Why would he suddenly move to Bavaria if he owns a farm anyway.

This is the death entry for Georg in Černá Hora in 1848 (2nd one, the first is Barbara's illegitimate son): https://www.portafontium.eu/iipimage...31&w=642&h=264

The are actually two Georg Stoderl from Zetschen. One born in 1767, the other in 1780. (The register for births in Újezd Svatého Kříže 06 is in 04)
                        Hmmm....now I am confused. Here's where I am at:

Georg Stoderl (abt. 1770 - 18 Dec 1841) - dies in Zetschen
                        Margaretha Fraspa (1st wife from Liebeswar)
                        Margaretha Lang (2nd wife from Troschelhammer; born abt. 1767)

Children of Georg & Margaretha Fraspa:
                        • Elisabeth (born: 2 Nov 1790 in Zetschen)
                        • Barbara (born: 26 Jun 1793 in Zetschen)
                        • Adam (born: 18 Jan 1796 in Zetschen)
                        • Elisabeth (born: 2 May 1798 in Zetschen)
                        • Barbara (born: 10 Dec 1803 in Zetschen)
                        • Michael (26 Oct 1806 - 7 Nov 1806)

Children of Georg & Margaretha Lang:
                        • Johann (abt. 1818 - 6 Jan 1900) - he's buried in Minnesota
                        • Barbara?

Children of Johann Stoderl & Elizabeth Trüber:

Lorenz & both of the Barbara entries list Georg Stoderl at N.7 Zetschen.
                        Johan & Elizabeth's marriage entry shows Georg living at N.13 Zetschen.

So we have conflicting information. I don't know what is correct. I wish the German archives were available.

Thank you for all of the work you've done.
                        Colin

Kommentar

Lädt...
                        X