• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • JErdman
    Neuer Benutzer

Jill, Alberta, Canada

Hello, I am fairly new to genealogy research. I am researching my German family from Poland and some possibly from Russia. I am researching everyday and learning the scripts and fonts used so that I can translate records on my own. Hobbies and experience that I have to support my new found genealogy addiction are photo restoration/repair and art. I often paint portraits of relatives in my tree in oil pastels and have been working on historical buildings connected to family. I am in Canada and am happy to help anyone who might be needing help with information over here.
    Family Surnames I am researching: Erdmann, Schultz, Müller, Peplow, Wendorf, Weinert, Steinke, Patzer

Hallo, ich bin ziemlich neu in der Ahnenforschung. Ich recherchiere meine deutsche Familie aus Polen und einige möglicherweise aus Russland. Ich recherchiere jeden Tag und lerne die verwendeten Skripte und Schriftarten, damit ich Datensätze selbst übersetzen kann. Hobbys und Erfahrungen, die ich machen muss, um meine neu entdeckte Genealogie-Sucht zu unterstützen, sind Fotorestaurierung / -reparatur und Kunst. Ich male oft Porträts von Verwandten in meinem Baum in Ölpastellfarben und habe an historischen Gebäuden gearbeitet, die mit der Familie verbunden sind. Ich bin in Kanada und freue mich, allen zu helfen, die hier Hilfe mit Informationen benötigen.
    Familiennamen, die ich recherchiere: Erdmann, Schultz, Müller, Peplow, Wendorf, Weinert, Steinke, Patzer
  • Scherfer

Hi Jill,

welcome and good luck for your search! Please consider posting the exact names you search for in the subforum "Mittelpolen und Wolhynien".

I assume that you are already aware of the following site?
    Wyszukiwarka nazwisk w bazach Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego takich jak Geneteka, Lista strat WP, Baza poległych i odznaczonych żołnierzy WP, Metryki i Akta Stanu Cywilnego. Zawiera ponad 9.000.000 nazwisk

Kommentar

• DoroJapan
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Jill,

welcome here - I recognized familyname Wendorf this name I often found in documents all over Pomerania.

If your family-heritage is also based in Pomerania, you should post your search in Pommern subthread.

I have Wendorf as in-laws of my Affeld(t) family from Pomerania. - They moved to Wisconsion (19th century).

--------------
      Also have some family in Airdrie (Calagary), but they are from Schlesia Melzer Family (you know the girl from the news)

greetings
      Doro
      Zuletzt geändert von DoroJapan; 07.01.2021, 19:59.
      Brandenburg: Lehmann: Französisch Buchholz; Mädicke: Alt Landsberg, Biesdorf; Colbatz/Kolbatz: Groß Köris; Lehniger, Kermas(s), Matzke: Schuhlen-Wiese(Busch)
      Schlesien: Neugebauer: Tschöplowitz+Neu-Cöln (Brieg); Gerstenberg: Pramsen; Langner, Melzer, Dumpich: Teichelberg (Brieg); Kraft: Dreißighuben (Breslau), Lorankwitz
      Pommern-Schivelbein: Barkow: Falkenberg; Bast: Bad Polzin
      Böhmen-Schluckenau: Pietschmann: Hainspach, Schirgiswalde; Kumpf: Alt Ehrenberg 243, 28; Ernst: Nixdorf 192

Kommentar

• Svenja
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Jill

Welcome to the Forum!

If you post in any subforum you should mention all information you already found about the persons you are searching. Especially place and date of birth and the year of immigration but also which documents you have already found.

I had a great-grand-uncle from Bavaria, Germany who lived in Alberta (Willow Creek Mine, Drumheller Valley and later in Jarvie/Dapp, Westlock, Alberta). He immigrated via Nova Sotia and Winnipeg in 1929, was naturalised in 1935 and died in 1967.

Regards
        Svenja
        Meine Website über meine Vorfahren inkl. Linkliste:
        https://iten-genealogie.jimdofree.com/

Interessengemeinschaft Oberbayern http://forum.ahnenforschung.net/group.php?groupid=38

Interessengemeinschat Unterfranken http://forum.ahnenforschung.net/group.php?groupid=37

Interessengemeinschaft Sudetendeutsche http://forum.ahnenforschung.net/group.php?groupid=73

Kommentar

• JErdman
          Neuer Benutzer

Thank you, everyone. I will be sure to prepare what I have before I post. What a small world that some of your relatives are right here in my area. A really great resource I stumbled across here while researching is the University of British Columbia has digitized a bunch of local family/community history books here in Canada. My family is documented in a few of them. I will share the link in hopes you will find your family in one.

Regards,
          Jill Erdman

Kommentar

Lädt...
          X