• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Peterns
    Benutzer

I need help, i would like to find my family history, Batschka/Serbia

I will try to explain my case and try to find my family "roots", because i'm stuck, if someone can help me to find data for my old family i would be happy to read that.

I interesting to history of my family before 1901. Here in Batschka was Austrohungarian in that period, and the church book with all data of birth/death/marriage was write in Hungarian language.
    In that book my Great grandfather was name Sándor Peter (but his real name was Aleksandar/Alexander or similar), but in that period when someone say to Hungarians "my name is Aleksandar", Hungarians will write Sándor insted of Aleksandar.

When i try to research in our local Archives of Voivodina, they told to me that my great grandfather Sándor Peter was born 27.May.1901. in Batschka/Serbia, village Kovil (Serbian Kovilj, Hungarian Kabol) he died 13.January.1968.

Problem is because my grandfather Petar Peter (son of Sandor/Aleksandar and Juliana (Last name before marrage Sebah) Peter) was born 6.july.1924 (die 2003.) and his data of date of birth is write in the church book in close to Kovil village Budisava (Serbian), Waldneudorf (German name in that period), Tiszakálmánfalva (Hungarian), that church was Evangelistic German Church, but comunist was destoyed that church in 1946. when my grandfather Petar was live, he told to my father that all documents (history of our origin) from that church Germans was move to Germany (probably in Koln).

Short history of my family:

Petar Peter 1924.-2003. (father name Sandor/Aleksandar, mother name Juliana).
    Sandor/Aleksandar Peter 1901.-1968. (father name unknow/mother name unknown).

I would to ask for is someone know where in Germany is our history book, or if someone knows where to find online that data if ther exist, in best case i woud like to know our city of origin of my family.

Sorry for my bad English language, my native language is Serbian (my grand father was speek German language), but not my father and i.
  • Peterns
    Benutzer

I just find that my great grandfather Sandor/Alexander was not born in village Kovil, he live in that village, but he was born in Crvenka (Serbian), Тscherwenka or Rotweil (German), Cservenka (Hungarian).
    Name of father of Alexander is Petar (i hope so that this is correct info), and his mother name is Anica.
    So if someone have something about people in that village for period before 1901 with name Sandor/Alexander Peter write me here, thanks.

Kommentar

• sk270278
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Peterns,

maybe you should write an e-mail to the 'AkdFF'. I'm sure, the members of the AkdFF can help you.

Greetings sk270278
      Zuletzt geändert von sk270278; 15.12.2018, 16:42.
      Schön daß es euch alle gibt - DANKE an sämtliche Helferinnen und Helfer!

Kommentar

• Peterns
        Benutzer

Thanks, i would try ...

Kommentar

• ivo3
          Benutzer

Kalocsai register

Halo

You should try to connect with Kalocsai diocese register https://archivum.asztrik.hu/?q=en/oldal/registration

This is excelent site where I have found lots of data... You should register yourself, and pay for example 20 Euros for 3 month using it.

Here You can see which books are digitalized:

another sugestion: Familysearch.org

Kommentar

• hansd
            Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi everybody,

I agree that the Kalocsa Archive is a great site, but I am afraid that it is not of great use for Peterns. Kalocsa contains mostly catholic parish registers, but Cservenka was to a great deal evangelistic and Peterns' ancestors also seem to be evangelistic.

As the catholic registers sometimes also contain other confessions, I checked the birth records of Cservenka between 1899 and 1903 but did not find a single birth with the last name Peter. I also checked the book "T S C H E R W E N K A Cservenka – Crvenka Batschka 1785 – 1944" by Angela Hefner, which should contain Tscherwenkaer families regardless of their confession, but could not find an Alexander Peter or a Peter Peter.

So I am afraid that Cservenka is either a dead end or even a red herring.

Cheers
            Hans

Kommentar

• Peterns
              Benutzer

Thanks to all.

I have new peices of this puzzle.

I call Archives of Sombor city (Czoborszentmihály is Hungarian name), they find original birth certificate from 1901. for Sandor (Alexander) Peter, they will send to me copy of that document in two days, and when i receive that i can confirm all data. In that document thay are not write exact date of birth of parents, ther is only data that father of Sandor is 25 Years old, and mother of Sandor is 22 years old at the time of birth of Sandor 27.May.1901.

Name and last name: SANDOR PETER
              Date of birth:27.May.1901.
              Date of death: 19.January.1968.
              Place of birth: Tscherwenka (Crvenka)
              Place of death: Neusatz (Novi Sad)
              Name and last name of father: PETER PETER (born 1876, Tscherwenka, Evangelist)
              Name and last name of mother: ANNA MüLER (born 1879, Tscherwenka)

Kommentar

• Peterns
                Benutzer

I forgot to write some things, that we have some relatives in US, but we don't have a correct name, we just know that one old woman is come to visit us and our family in Novi Sad in 1970's, her name is start with letter I and she died, only info is that she was in USA long tine ago, but we dont know is she go there like litle baby, or se was born there.
                Mother of my grandfather PetAr PETER has last name SEEBAH, not SEBAH how i wrote at the start.
                My grandfather has some relatives at Königsdorf (Opovo), my father say that they call him Pera (Nickname from Petar/Peter), we lost contact with him and his family, and wi think he is death.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                X