Archive - Eisenach and Magdeburg

Die Suche betrifft das Jahr oder den Zeitraum: Pre 1985
    Genaue Orts-/Gebietseingrenzung: Schleusingen and Schwarzbach Regions
    Konfession der gesuchten Person(en): Evangelical
    Bisher selbst durchgeführte Internet-Recherche (Datenbanken): Yes
    Zur Antwortfindung bereits genutzte Anlaufstellen (Ämter, Archive):
    ?

Hello Forum Friends,

Has anybody attended either the Landeskirchenarchiv of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Thuringia (Eisenach) or Archive of the Evangelical Church of the Church Province of Saxony (Magdeburg).

It looks like I have to visit these places next year to look for my family records.

I am curious what to expect, is it an easy process and do you have any advice.

Of course I will take the opportunity to visit the places where my family come from (Schleusingen and Schwarzbach - Auengrund)

Kind Regards
    Angy
    Angy (Australia)
    Thüringen - Schleusingen: Henn; Dallwitz; Möller; Kuhles; Sittig; Langbein; Schneider; Unger; Frobenius; Bernhardt; Schmidt; Kälber; Hickfang;
    Thüringen - Steinbach oder Schwarzbach (Auengrund): Hanf; Heerlein; Schlott; Lindner, Brückner; Hitschold; Kolk; Fiedler; Meisch; Christ; Haueis; Kriegling; Rudolph;
  • SKDondorff
    Erfahrener Benutzer

übersetzt

Tag,
    Ich habe das mal übersetzt.

Hat jemand das Evangelische Landeskirchenarchiv in Eisenach oder das Magdeburger Evangelische Kirchenarchiv besucht?

Es sieht aus als müβte ich diese (Orte) nächstes Jahr besuchen um meine Familiendaten zu suchen.

Ich bin neugierig was mich dort erwartet, ist es ein einfacher Prozess und hat jemand Rat für mich?

Natürlich werde ich die Gelegenheit nützen diese Orte zu besuchen wo meine Familie herkommt (Schleusingen und Schwarzbach – Auengrund).

Mit freundlichen Grüβen,
    Zuletzt geändert von SKDondorff; 07.08.2018, 09:32.
    Ich suche FN: Tundorf Tonndorf Donndorf Rosenhayn Stiebritz Hergt Liebeskind Lißker und Variationen in Umgebung (Wenigen)Jena Apolda (Herressen).

Kommentar

• Pragers-Ahnen
      Benutzer

Hello Angy,

I've been in Eisenach this year. There are some thing you should consider, in case your journey is from afar:
      1. make an appointment (the archive provides reading device outputs on microfilms, they have 5 of these reading devices only and lots of people are visting Eisenach) -- appointments for 2019 can be made beginning of November 2018 (in special cases earlier) and you should be quick. Typically dates are fully booked for next 5 month. -- you should give a call or write an E-Mail or use the online contact page
      2. the archive contains lot of original copies from church registers, so get well prepared with a list of the microfilms you want to check -- link to all available films here -- this can save some time there - note the "Filmsign" first and the "Buch-Sign" for you
      3. consider to spend two days in case you have lot of family records to look for
      4. the archivist will support you in handling with the reading device
      5. use of your computer/tablet is allowed - but you are not allowed to take pictures
      6. archive use costs 8 Euro per day at the moment
      7. you can make printouts of the pages you are interesed in (for some Euro Cent per page)
      8. if you are not familar with old german language and handwriting you should bring someone to support you. The archivist won't help you in reading the texts all the time.
      9. you can park your car directly next to the archive and you have to use the doorbell to get in
      10. archive is open from 9am to 4pm - consider to prepare a lunchbox

Übersetzung in Kurz
      1. Termin vereinbaren - am besten über einen Weg der Kontaktseite
      2. vorbereitet sein - zuvor die Filmsignaturen von Interesse heraussuchen
      3. bei weiter Anreise je nach Umfang der Forschung gleich 2 Tage einplanen
      4. Die Archivarin unterstützt bei der Lesegerät-Bedienung
      5. eigene Computer/Tablets dürfen als Unterstützung benutzt werden
      6. Archivnutzung aktuell 8€/Tag
      7. Seiten von Interesse können auf einem lokalen Drucker ausgedruckt werden (paar Cent pro Kopie)
      8. Auto kann direkt auf dem Archivgelände geparkt werden
      9. Archiv hat von 9 bis 16 Uhr offen - daher ggf. an die Selbstverpflegung denken oder in Eisenach etwas essen.

Kommentar

• Angy
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Pragers-Ahnen,

I sincerely thank you for you advice, very thorough

As I live in Australia and my German is limited (reading and writing) I am now seriously considering "hiring" someone to look for my family details.

I will still come to Germany next year but with the emphasis of revisiting the areas my mother and father came from. It would be good to have most of the research at Eisenach already done before I go (and Magdeburg on my father's side).

Again, I appreciated you response,

Kind Regards,
        Angy
        Zuletzt geändert von Angy; 13.08.2018, 00:44.
        Angy (Australia)
        Thüringen - Schleusingen: Henn; Dallwitz; Möller; Kuhles; Sittig; Langbein; Schneider; Unger; Frobenius; Bernhardt; Schmidt; Kälber; Hickfang;
        Thüringen - Steinbach oder Schwarzbach (Auengrund): Hanf; Heerlein; Schlott; Lindner, Brückner; Hitschold; Kolk; Fiedler; Meisch; Christ; Haueis; Kriegling; Rudolph;

Kommentar

Lädt...
        X