Zurück   Ahnenforschung.Net Forum > Allgemeine Diskussionsforen > Heraldik und Wappenkunde
Hier klicken, falls Sie Ihr Kennwort vergessen haben.

Hinweise

Antwort

Themen-Optionen Thema durchsuchen Ansicht
Alt 27.09.2018, 15:21
Freienhagen Freienhagen ist offline
Benutzer

Standard Hello. Please help

I would like to know if there was a coat of arms assigned to the name Freienhagen.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Seeking Freienhagen/Freyenhagen

Robert

Geändert von Freienhagen (27.09.2018 um 15:49 Uhr)
Alt 27.09.2018, 17:40
kalex1946 kalex1946 ist offline
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Hallo

Die Suche in Siebmacher bei CERL (Consortium of European Research Libraries) hier
https://data.cerl.org/siebmacher/_se...t&sort=default
ergibt 2 Treffer. Die Treffer anklicken, um zu dem Eintrag zu gelangen und dort weiterlesen.

Die Suche in Siebmacher bei WW-Person http://ww-person.com/cgi-bin/siebmacher ergibt Folgendes aus Städtewappen

Link zum Bild!

Gruß aus South Carolina

Kurt

Geändert von Xtine (27.09.2018 um 19:36 Uhr) Grund: Zu großes Bild verlinkt
Alt 27.09.2018, 19:01
Benutzer
Themenstarter

Standard

Hi

Thanks for the help

Results found on the page https://data.cerl.org/siebmacher/_se...t&sort=default

The first link, unfortunately, from the German translator translates to me sentences without sense, so I would like to request a translation of this excerpt into English
The second link concerns the city, I think in Hesse and I am looking for the family coat of arms

Robert
Alt 27.09.2018, 19:59
Benutzerbild von Hracholusky
Hracholusky Hracholusky ist offline männlich
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Hallo,

ich habe hier ein Adelswappen "Freyenhagen von Rosenstern". Ein anderes konnte ich nicht finden. Eventuell ist Kurt so nett und übersetzt es dir.

Hier ist auch der Eintrag im Österreichischen Staatsarchiv:

http://archivinformationssystem.at/d...spx?id=2234397

Geändert von Hracholusky (27.09.2018 um 20:05 Uhr) Grund: Zusatz angefügt
Alt 27.09.2018, 23:09
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Hello Robert,

I see that Gerd posted the text and image before I was able to.

First of all, you need to know that a coat of arms (Wappen in German) is granted to a family, not to a name. Only direct descendants in the male line of the original armiger have the right to use/display the arms as their own. You must be a direct descendant of Heinrich Wilhelm Freienhagen (Freyenhagen) in order to use this coat of arms. A quick search on the Internet for Freienhagen von Rosenstern or Freyenhagen von Rosenstern yields quite a few hits, albeit in German (try Google translate). I can send these links to you in a separate document via personal message. You will have to research your family history to determine whether you are a direct descendant.

The text in Siebmacher (supplemented with additional information I found in other sources) basically states that Heinrich Wilhelm Freienhagen (Freyenhagen), a high administrative official (Drost, see Landdrost in Wikipedia) in the territory of Braunschweig Wolfenbüttel was raised to the nobility with the additional name "von Rosenstern". The coat of arms shown below has a shield divided into 3 sections (red, white (silver), black from top to bottom) with 3 white (silver) stars in the upper red segment and a green rosebush with green leaves sprouting from a green mound in the black bottom section, and 2 red roses on the branches in the center white (silver) segment. The crest shows the rosebush without leaves.

Regards from South Carolina

Kurt
Alt 27.09.2018, 23:11
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Minor correction

The crest shows the rosebush without roses.

Kurt
Alt 28.09.2018, 00:20
Benutzerbild von Xtine
Xtine Xtine ist offline weiblich
Administrator

Standard

Hello,

please note that only if Heinrich August Wilhelm Freyenhagen is an ancestor of you, this coat of arms could be from your family.

Equality of name does not mean that it could be the coat of arms of your family!
You have to do thorough genealogy
Wer sich das Alte noch einmal vor Augen führt, um das Neue zu erkennen, der kann anderen ein Lehrer sein.
(Konfuzius)

Alt 28.09.2018, 09:23
Benutzerbild von consanguineus
consanguineus consanguineus ist offline männlich
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Hracholusky Beitrag anzeigen
Hallo,

ich habe hier ein Adelswappen "Freyenhagen von Rosenstern". Ein anderes konnte ich nicht finden. Eventuell ist Kurt so nett und übersetzt es dir.

Hier ist auch der Eintrag im Österreichischen Staatsarchiv:

http://archivinformationssystem.at/d...spx?id=2234397

Just in the interests of accuracy I must point out that the name of the ducal "Amt" (judicial district) ist "Wickensen", not "Wickenseer".

Joh. Christian KROHNFUSS, Jäger, * um 1790
Carl KRÜGER, Amtmann in Bredenfelde, * um 1700
Georg Melchior SUDHOFF, Pächter in Calvörde, * um 1680
Ludolph ZUR MÜHLEN, Kaufmann in Bielefeld, * um 1650
Dorothea v. NETTELHORST a. d. H. Kapsehden, * um 1600
Thomas SCHÜTZE, Bürgermeister in Wernigerode 1561
Alt 28.09.2018, 12:42
Benutzer
Themenstarter

Standard

Hi

While browsing the search results for Rosenstern I came across an interesting mention on the site http://home.foni.net/~adelsforschung1/vergess.htm

Vergessene deutsche Adelsfamilien

Rosenstern
Der braunschweigische Drost Freienhagen wurde Ende des 18.Jahrhunderts als "v.Rosenstern" nobilitert und seine Nachkommen waren noch im 19.Jahrhundert im Hannoverschen grundsässig (Quelle). Ein Sekondeleutnant v.Rosenstern stand 1801 als aktiver Offizier in der Kgl. Preußischen Armee (Quelle). Als Inhaber von Orden und Ehrenzeichen sind deutsche Staatsangehörige mit dem Namen v.Rosenstern auch noch 1908 nachweisbar (Quelle).

if you could send me Kalex 1946 I would be grateful (looking for something I could overlook)

It's nice if us succeeded in the descendants of the abovementioned Freienhagen connect with my current family tree here link to the thread https://forum.ahnenforschung.net/sho...d.php?t=166267

I know for now it is only speculation but it would suit my family history

Robert

Geändert von Freienhagen (28.09.2018 um 13:26 Uhr)
Alt 29.09.2018, 19:33
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Freienhagen Beitrag anzeigen
Hi

While browsing the search results for Rosenstern I came across an interesting mention on the site http://home.foni.net/~adelsforschung1/vergess.htm

Vergessene deutsche Adelsfamilien

Rosenstern
Der braunschweigische Drost Freienhagen wurde Ende des 18.Jahrhunderts als "v.Rosenstern" nobilitert und seine Nachkommen waren noch im 19.Jahrhundert im Hannoverschen grundsässig (Quelle). Ein Sekondeleutnant v.Rosenstern stand 1801 als aktiver Offizier in der Kgl. Preußischen Armee (Quelle). Als Inhaber von Orden und Ehrenzeichen sind deutsche Staatsangehörige mit dem Namen v.Rosenstern auch noch 1908 nachweisbar (Quelle).

if you could send me Kalex 1946 I would be grateful (looking for something I could overlook)

It's nice if us succeeded in the descendants of the abovementioned Freienhagen connect with my current family tree here link to the thread https://forum.ahnenforschung.net/sho...d.php?t=166267

I know for now it is only speculation but it would suit my family history

Robert
Hello Robert,

In brief, the above text states that a Freyenhagen serving as "Drost" (steward, bailiff) in Braunschweig was ennobled at the end of the 18th century with the additional name "von Rosenstern" and his descendants were still listed as property/estate owners in Hannover in the 19th century. A second lieutenant with the name "von Rosenstern" was an officer on active duty in the Prussian army in 1801. German citizens with the name "von Rosenstern" who had received honors and been inducted into orders were still listed in 1908.

See the private message I sent with a link to a brief document I compiled from a few selected links on the Internet. One link discusses the occurrence and distribution of the Freyenhagen name in various spellings in Lower Saxony. There are probably numerous families with the name Freyenhagen in one spelling or another. Another link https://list.genealogy.net/mm/archiv.../msg00037.html takes you to an older post in geneaology.net from a descendant of a Johann Daniel Freyenhagen who lived before the Heinrich Wilhelm who was ennobled. The members of the Freyenhagen family in the above posting moved in pretty high circles and married into aristocratic families (von der Schulenburg, von der Lippe, von Bonhorst) and also had a coat of arms described as a red shield with a gold tree. The grandfather of Heinrich Wilhelm is also listed there.

The Freyenhagen name also appears in the Deutsche Geschlechterbücher. There may be more information there, albeit in German.

You will really have to conduct your own family research to see if your family connects to any of Freyenhagens listed in that link. Can you tell us where you live? Do you know anyone who reads German? Have you started tracing your own ancestors at all? Let us know what information you have and the profis here in the forum may be able to take you farther back in your genealogy.

Regards from South Carolina

Kurt
Antwort

Lesezeichen

Themen-Optionen Thema durchsuchen
Thema durchsuchen:

Erweiterte Suche
Ansicht