• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • facundotiede
    Benutzer

Asking for help regarding my ancestors Tiede

Hello, my name is Facundo and I’m from Argentina. I’m trying to get information regarding my great grandfather who came from Germany.
    His name was Eduard Tiede, according to his son’s birth certificate, he was born around 1883. But I don’t know where exactly or the exact date.
    He later came to Argentina, but I couldn’t find the ship records. My grandfather was born in 1909 so assume he came here a few years early.
    Eduard’s parents were Friedrich Tiede and Elizabeth Grienstern.
    Could anyone please help me to find more about Eduard? Any help would be very appreciated.

My best regards.
  • hhb55
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Señor Facundo,

it looks not so good!
    Can you give us more informations?
    What is the name of your great grandma, can you show us the birth certificate of Eduards son, Friedrich Tiede and his wife: was the name really Elizabeth (Elisabeth)Grienstern, and so on....!

Greetings from Germany

Hans-Hermann
    Zuletzt geändert von hhb55; 12.04.2021, 14:51.

Kommentar

• Xtine
      Administrator

Hello Facundo,

welcome to our forum!

For me, the name Grienstern seems to be a hearing error / spelling mistake by the official. I think in German it was more the name Grünstern (grün = green, same pronunciation as grien-)

But with that little bit of information, it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Here are some passenger lists from Bremen to Buenos Aires Argentina
      Unfortunately there is no result at the search for Tiede , but I don't know, if all lists are indexed.
      Viele Grüße .................................. .
      Christine
      sigpic .. .............
      Wer sich das Alte noch einmal vor Augen führt, um das Neue zu erkennen, der kann anderen ein Lehrer sein.
      (Konfuzius)

Kommentar

• facundotiede
        Benutzer

Zitat von hhb55 Beitrag anzeigen
        Hello Señor Facundo,

it looks not so good!
        Can you give us more informations?
        What is the name of your great grandma, can you show us the birth certificate of Eduards son, Friedrich Tiede and his wife: was the name really Elizabeth (Elisabeth)Grienstern, and so on....!

Greetings from Germany

Hans-Hermann
        Hello and thanks for responding!

I leave you the departure of my grandfather Rihard born in 1909 here, which names his parents, Eduardo Tiede (father from whom I seek information, my great-grandfather), and Juliana Adam, who were married in Argentina before he was born. Eduardo met Juliana on the ship coming to Argentina. Right there he names Eduardo's parents, Elisabetha Grinstern or Grinsfern (I think it was Elizabeth and the surname if someone reads something different, let me know, I put it wrong in this post but it is Grinstern or Grinsfern) and Federico Tiede (I think Frederich ) (is what I read). It is in Spanish but the names can be read, let's see what you read. And thank you so much again for taking the time to help me!

Facundo Tiede

Kommentar

• facundotiede
          Benutzer

Kommentar

• facundotiede
            Benutzer

Hello and thanks for responding! I just uploaded my grandfather's birth certificate. According to what I read the last name is Grinstern or Grinsfern. What do you read? Thanks for the data on the ships. I did a search but found nothing.

Greetings!

Kommentar

• rpeikert
              Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Facundo

That last name is most probably Grinstein, a widespread Jewish name. The letter t looks strange, at least for us Europeans, but it appears also in the line above, in "Dorotea".

Regards, Ronny

Kommentar

• hhb55
                Erfahrener Benutzer

Hola Señor Tiede,

my spanish is from a basic lection at the people highschool 20 years ago and also holidays in spain!

Eduard(o) Tiede (father)
                Juliana Adam (mother)
                Rihard Tiede (son)

Federici (Friedrich) Tiede (father of Eduardo)
                Elisabeth(a) Grins(t)ern (mother of Eduardo)

Juli(o)us Adam (father of Juliana)
                Dorot(h)ea Li(lr)ens (mother of Juliana)

The witnesses of the birth: Rihard
                Reinhold Bether ... (from Germany)
                Heinrich Gärtner

Perhaps the names will help a little with this list!
                Please make corrections and additions !!

Perhaps one should first look for the bride's parents mentioned.

Richard's parents met on the emigrant ship !!

Greetings

Hans-Hermann
                Zuletzt geändert von hhb55; 13.04.2021, 09:25.

Kommentar

• ReReBe
                  Erfahrener Benutzer

Hallo,

bei "Rihard" dürfte es sich doch wohl um "Richard" handeln.

Gruß
                  Reiner

Kommentar

• rpeikert
                    Erfahrener Benutzer

Just to make this clear, I didn't mean to say that I read the name as "Grinstein". I read it as "Grinstern" (not "Grinsfern"), but I believe that the actual name is Grinstein. By looking at the number of exact matches in ancestry.de, it could also be Grünstein.
                    Grünstein 12348
                    Grinstein 5861
                    Grienstein 420

Grünstern 45
                    Grinstern 211 (206 in North America, 4 in Europe, 1 in Asia)
                    Grienstern 0

Grünsfern 0
                    Grinsfern 0
                    Griensfern 0

If I had to do the search, I would focus on the first two names.

Kommentar

• Donnerwetter

I read the same as Ronny, it says Grinstein. In Argentina you can find in the distribuition rap 237 people with Grinstein as surname.
                      There will be probably no other option than looking for the marriage certification. But the big question is, where did they marry?
                      I don´t know if the marriage certificate can help more in this case because often it only says ,,born in Germany´´ and that is it. I the american certificate you can sometimes find the exact origin, but I dont know it is in Argentina.

Kommentar

• facundotiede
                        Benutzer

Hello to all! Thank you, I've reading all your responses and it's a lot of help.
                        Sadly, I don't know anything about my ancestors. My father doesn't have much information, and this is why I'm asking here for help.
                        Maybe in Ancestry or in any other data base is something about Eduard or Friedrich Tiede that can make me understand where they come from, so I can find the papers of their marriages and births.
                        But, as Donnewertter says, here in Argentina sadly the certificates only says "born in Germany", with no other information.
                        Maybe, as you said, a good start is with Elizabeth Grinstein, she naver came to Argentina. The first of my family here was Eduard, but I don't know when because in the database we have here with the inmigrants ships, I couldn't find him.
                        Once again thank you a lot for your kindness!!

Kommentar

• hhb55
                          Erfahrener Benutzer

Hola y Buenos Dias Facundo,

are there any papers of death from Eduardo, Juliana and Rihard?

Greetings

Hans-Hermann

Kommentar

• facundotiede
                            Benutzer

Zitat von hhb55 Beitrag anzeigen
                            Hola y Buenos Dias Facundo,

are there any papers of death from Eduardo, Juliana and Rihard?

Greetings

Hans-Hermann
                            I only have the death certificate from Rihard, but it doesn't have much information only his parents names (nothing about their birthplaces) But if you think that it could help, i can upload it. I already wrote to the state office asking for Eduardo's death certificate, but I don't know if they will find it, as I don't have the exact date.
                            As I keep on trying to get information here in Argentina in the official places, I keep hoping that maybe in ancestry or in archion or in some other genealogy page some information might turn up, but I know that with this little information is difficult... I don't lose hope though
                            Thank you once again!!

Kommentar

• Donnerwetter

Hello Facundo,

Do you know if your Grandfather had brothers? I suppose your Grandfather is not living anymore but maybe he had brothers living in Argentina? Maybeof there is an living brother he can give you specific information?

Do I understand right, you don´t have the passenger list where he is listed as he arrived to Argentina?

Mfg,

Donnerwetter

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X