• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • ellend1
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Artist Frieda Kniep (1884-1947)

Good afternoon. I have as a relative in my family:

Frieda Emilie Magdalena Edwina KRISP. She was born 28 July 1884 in Berlin.

In 1908, she married Karl Gottlieb Otto KNIEP, Berlin.

I have always wondered if she is the same person as artist FRIEDA KNIEP (1884-1947). I am surprised not to find anything about the artist's birth, life or death on the internet.

I wonder if any of my German friends can provide any information about the artist.

Thank you for any insight or hints.

Regards,

Ellen
  • katla
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Ellen,

on this website I found an article about the artist Julius Heffner. It suggests, that according to the journals of Julius Heffner, Frieda Kniep may habe been his secret lover.https://www.julius-heffner.de/lebensspuren/
    The article is written by a relative of Julius Heffner, so maybe it is possible to contact him to get more information.
    Zuletzt geändert von katla; 15.06.2023, 17:56.
    viele Grüße
    Katharina

Kommentar

• katla
      Erfahrener Benutzer

At an auctioneers website I found the information, that the artist Frieda Kniep was born 1884 in Lübeck and died 1947 in Geittau.
      This of course isn't very reliable information, but maybe it directs your research anyway.
      viele Grüße
      Katharina

Kommentar

• katla
        Erfahrener Benutzer

It seems in 1929 Frieda Kniep hat an exhibition in Mannheim. And it seems, that at that time she was living in Berlin. That could match the information about "your" Friedas marriage.

viele Grüße
        Katharina

Kommentar

• ellend1
          Erfahrener Benutzer

Thank you very much for your replies and link (which was interesting). I can probably put this idea to bed now. Both of your sources may be questionable but they both state she was born in Lübeck. My relative was born in Berlin and I have her birth entry. I do not think I will be able to find the 1947, Geitau death certificate, in order to confirm.

I appreciate your time - - this has been quietly nagging at me for many years!

Kind regards,

Ellen

Kommentar

Lädt...
          X