• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Semper Paratus
    Neuer Benutzer

Gürtler Family from Möhra, Duchy of Sachsen-Meiningen & Hildburghausen

My Gürtler Family came to the U.S.A. at or about 1889 from Möhra and settled in Wisconsin. Caspar (or Casper) Gürtler, his wife (Anna?) Maria Gürtler and their 2 children, Karl (Carl or Charles) and Elisabeth immigrated together. Caspar Gürtler was a tagelöhner and8th-) soldier during the Franco-German War of 1870-71. Caspar Gürtler was born on May 25, 1844. Anna Maria Gürtler was born on September 21, 1848. I possess only a working knowledge of German and am most interested to learn much more about my Familie Gürtler und das heimatland! Ich heiße Paul Gürtler.
  • Gastonian

Hi Paul:

Welcome to the forum!

The church books for Möhra from 1644 to 1913 are available online at archion.de, which is a pay site operated by the Evangelical Church of Germany (access costs 20 Euros per month). It appears that a German person has already added quite a bit concerning the parents and siblings of your Caspar Gürtler at familysearch.org (https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pe...scape/LTJ5-QRH), although the marriage date for Caspar and the birthdates for their two children are still missing. Probably the most exciting part of this family tree is that Caspar's mother was born Eva Catharina Luther and, at least according to the family tree, descended from a brother of Martin Luther, the church reformer.

If you yourself do not have sufficient knowledge of German or of the old script to use the churchbooks, those of us with access to archion.de will be glad to help you once you formulate specific questions - what data about which ancestor do you want?

Regards

--Carl-Henry
    Meine Ahnentafel: https://gw.geneanet.org/schwind1_w?iz=2&n=schwind1&oc=0&p=privat

Kommentar

• Nancy Barchfeld
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Paul,

Caspar Gürtler was born on May 25th, 1845 as the son of Johann Nicolaus Gürtler and Eva Catharina Luther. Eva Catharina Luther descends through 2 other Luther ancestral lines from Hans the Little Luther, the uncle of the reformer Martin Luther. I myself am also descended from Hans the Little Luther. At the moment I'm still on vacation, but I'll get back to you at the beginning of next week to give you further information. As Carl-Henry wrote with regret, the Möhra church registers can be viewed online on archion. That's where I found out my family details about Luther.

Until then and best regards Nancy
      Suche: - Thüringen: Barchfeld, Gerstner, Jahn, Kropf, Leister, Lotz, Oetzel, Ritze, Trautvetter, Treiber; - Bayern/Oberfr.: Eberlein, Fiedler, Klarner, Köcher, Pätz, Reising, Richter(Joditz), Rössel, Schimmel, Thuss, Tröger, Völckel, Weinrich; - Hessen: Aulbach, Siebert (Hebenshausen); - Sachsen (Vogtland): Groll (Pfaffengrün), Groschupp + Hüttig + Schaufuss (Glauchau), Knorr (Christgrün b. Pöhl), Körbis (Zwickau), Unterdörfer (Plauen), Tschechien (Okres Tachau): Bitterer, Dobner, Kurz, Nossek, Pfannenstiel, Pschierer, Schramm, Träger

Kommentar

• Nancy Barchfeld
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hier noch die Heirat des Caspar Gürtler aus dem KB Ruhla:

KB Ruhla Heirat 1872 S.116 Nr.12
        Der Junggeselle Caspar Gürtler aus Möhra, Schutzbürger, im Dienste beim Fuhrwerk des Boten Jung hier, Johann Nicolaus Gürtler, Handarbeiters u. Polizeidieners daselbst 5 fünftes Kind, 4. vierter Sohn
        1844 Mai 5.
        mit
        Jungfrau Anna Marie Köhler, Jacob Köhlers, Webermeisters in Schwarzhausen 2 zweites Kind, 1 erste Tochter
        1848 Sept. 21.
        Tag des Aufgebots: den 5 fünften Mai
        Tag und Ort der Trauung: den 20 zwanzigsten Mai in hießiger Kirche
        Zuletzt geändert von Nancy Barchfeld; 03.11.2022, 17:44.
        Suche: - Thüringen: Barchfeld, Gerstner, Jahn, Kropf, Leister, Lotz, Oetzel, Ritze, Trautvetter, Treiber; - Bayern/Oberfr.: Eberlein, Fiedler, Klarner, Köcher, Pätz, Reising, Richter(Joditz), Rössel, Schimmel, Thuss, Tröger, Völckel, Weinrich; - Hessen: Aulbach, Siebert (Hebenshausen); - Sachsen (Vogtland): Groll (Pfaffengrün), Groschupp + Hüttig + Schaufuss (Glauchau), Knorr (Christgrün b. Pöhl), Körbis (Zwickau), Unterdörfer (Plauen), Tschechien (Okres Tachau): Bitterer, Dobner, Kurz, Nossek, Pfannenstiel, Pschierer, Schramm, Träger

Kommentar

Lädt...
        X