Zurück   Ahnenforschung.Net Forum > Foren für Genealogie in anderen Ländern > Internationale Familienforschung > Requests in English / Anfragen in englischer Sprache
Hier klicken, falls Sie Ihr Kennwort vergessen haben.

Hinweise

Antwort

Themen-Optionen Thema durchsuchen Ansicht
Alt 26.02.2013, 22:07
Badlucknbulletz Badlucknbulletz ist offline
Neuer Benutzer

Standard Ancestors from Bavaria looking for more German research options.

Hello,

I have been searching on and off for my German ancestors for many years. A few years ago I accepted the fact that I may never go any further in my search until I came across a death certificate with new information.

My times 3 great grandfathers brother lived in Canada and upon his death the record documented parent names and parents birth location or his I am not 100% sure. The problem is that french canadians recorded the information and didnt understand German.

The death certificate says this
Phillip Babel and Frances Segarer of Fontaine, Stingahin, Bavaria.
Half written in french and english

Given what I know of german consonant sounds I am assuming that name is Frances Ziegler as Fontaine is french I am also guessing that they couldnt understand the german word for fountain (Ursprings) so they wrote it in french. Stingahin was sounded out and it is Steingaden Barvaria.

Unless I am completely wrong logic would dictate the actual birth place is
Ursprings, Steingaden, Barvaria. As a small town was recorded with the next larger town so that it could be identified as was the practice. There are other Ursprings in Germany but none that I can find with any place close to the name of Steingaden. So again based on my findings this makes sense.

My Family history says that Philip and Frances died prior to 1836.
As their son (Blasius or Blasii or Placius various spellings) my 3x great grand father said he was orphaned in 1836. His name when he immigrated became Placidus Babel his German wife was Crescentia Rummel U is umlaut.
Given that fact that there are over 26 different spellings of Babel it is possible that the actual original spelling may be different.

Prior to 1853 which is when Blasius left Germany I can find no records. His Marriage, his daughters birth,or Army records.

I assume anything that may still exist will be in a church.

If anyone has any thoughts, comments or ideas on where I might find more information to further my search please contact me.
Alt 26.02.2013, 22:55
tvogel17 tvogel17 ist offline männlich
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Hi badlucknbulletz,

I guess your conclusion is quite logical and you may be right.
The name "Babel" still is frequent in Kreis Ostallgäu (cf.
http://christoph.stoepel.net/geogen/v3/Default.aspx).

I assume, that your ancestor was catholic. So you have to look for the churchbooks of Steingaden in the diocesan archive of Augsburg.
http://www.bistum-augsburg.de/index....farrmatrikel-S
They reach back until 1648.

Anyhow, the most convenient way would be to order the LDS microfilm:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/756983

Good luck.

Thomas
Alt 03.03.2013, 19:26
Benutzerbild von Gaby
Gaby Gaby ist offline weiblich
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

http://www.steingaden.de/79.html

Meine Vorfahren: http://gw.geneanet.org/lobenstein14?lang=de
Alt 13.03.2013, 22:58
Neuer Benutzer
Themenstarter

Standard German ancestors

Yes they were Roman Catholic.

Thanks Thomas and Gaby for the Help so far! I will check out these links!
Alt 21.01.2015, 21:57
Neuer Benutzer
Themenstarter

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Badlucknbulletz Beitrag anzeigen
Hello,

I have been searching on and off for my German ancestors for many years. A few years ago I accepted the fact that I may never go any further in my search until I came across a death certificate with new information.

My times 3 great grandfathers brother lived in Canada and upon his death the record documented parent names and parents birth location or his I am not 100% sure. The problem is that french canadians recorded the information and didnt understand German.

The death certificate says this
Phillip Babel and Frances Segarer of Fontaine, Stingahin, Bavaria.
Half written in french and english

Given what I know of german consonant sounds I am assuming that name is Frances Ziegler as Fontaine is french I am also guessing that they couldnt understand the german word for fountain (Ursprings) so they wrote it in french. Stingahin was sounded out and it is Steingaden Barvaria.

Unless I am completely wrong logic would dictate the actual birth place is
Ursprings, Steingaden, Barvaria. As a small town was recorded with the next larger town so that it could be identified as was the practice. There are other Ursprings in Germany but none that I can find with any place close to the name of Steingaden. So again based on my findings this makes sense.

My Family history says that Philip and Frances died prior to 1836.
As their son (Blasius or Blasii or Placius various spellings) my 3x great grand father said he was orphaned in 1836. His name when he immigrated became Placidus Babel his German wife was Crescentia Rimmel .
Given that fact that there are over 26 different spellings of Babel it is possible that the actual original spelling may be different.

Prior to 1853 which is when Blasius left Germany I can find no records. His Marriage, his daughters birth,or Army records.

I assume anything that may still exist will be in a church.
(Update 2014). As of 2014 I finally discovered the birthplace of my ancestors. The correct location is Pfronten Steinach Germany. Thanks to the help of a great many people and my new relatives in Pfronten! I now have a family tree dating back to 1604.Scott Babel (babel.family.history)

Geändert von Xtine (21.01.2015 um 23:35 Uhr) Grund: Mail.
Antwort

Lesezeichen

Themen-Optionen Thema durchsuchen
Thema durchsuchen:

Erweiterte Suche
Ansicht