• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • bunverzagt
    Neuer Benutzer

Origin of the surname Unverzagt

Sorry, I do not speak nor write in the German language. I am from Rochester Minnesota USA and have researched my ancestors from Biebelsheim, Bad Ems, Rettert, Nassau back to the early 1600's. I have been searching unsuccessfully for the origin of the surname Unverzagt or the origin of the Unverzagt's that I have followed back to Biebelsheim and possibly Gerolstein. I have not been able to complete my research because of limitations of parish registers for the parish of Planig/Biebelsheim and also the parishes of Gerolstein. The first reference to the name Unverzagt appears to be "Heinrich von Wittringen gt. Unverzagt" born about 1265. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not the use of genannt (gt.) could mean the origin of the name Unverzagt? Does anyone know if there exists an ancestry tree for the surname Unverzagt? Thank you
  • Billet
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Herr v. Roy teilt hierzu mit :

According to Dr. Hans Bahlow, „Deutsches Namenlexikon – Familien- und Vornamen nach Ursprung und Sinn erklärt“, Frankfurt/Main 1972, page 530, the old German family name UNVERZAGT (i.e. bold, hardy, courageous, fearless, dashing) is to be found in Stuttgart in 1 4 6 5.

According to the „Adelslexikon“, vol. XV, Limburg/Lahn 2004, p. 146-148, the line of ancestors of the „counts“ (Vienna 1714, March 16) VON UNVERZAGT starts with JOHANN UNVERZAGT from Württemberg about 1 4 6 2. - Coat of arms (1589): http://www.wappenbuch.com/imagesA/A033.jpg

Regards
    Wappen-Billet.de
    M.d.WL.
    M.d.MWH.

Kommentar

• bunverzagt
      Neuer Benutzer

Thank you for reply and information. I have copies of some original documents from Czech/Austria on the noble side of the Unverzagt surname including a handwritten coat of arms. I am unable to read nor translate some of the information but would make available if someone could help me out.

I also have the following information from a document created by von Dr. Walter Schmidt-Ewald in Gotha: The Unverzagt appear in Thuringia for the first time in 1641 Bleicherode, from where they then move to Nordhausen, 1785 coming from Peine in Weimar, 1797 in Mühlhausen and 1798 in Jecha wherever they wander from Abtsbessingen. In neighboring Saxony they are already much earlier testified: 1466/75 in Leipzig, 1592 in Heiligenroda, 1669 in Zwenkau, 1700 in Pegau. Maybe come from Central Germany, the namesakes in Thorn 1363/1428 (K. Unvorczaytynne).

In the old Austria there were noble and Count Unverzagt (Vienna 1589, Bohemia in 1656), probably dating back to Böblingen on Lake Constance, but also bourgeois in Feldberg (Lower Austria in 1613). To the west we find the name in Cologne in 1439, the Saar and the Palatinate (Karlberg, Ottweiler, Saarbrücken, Neustadt), also in Ems and Wiesbaden and in Groß-Lafferde near Peine (1587 ff), but above all in Biedenkopf (1613 ff) in the form Unversagede and in Nassau (1678 ff), from where most of today living Unverzagt are descended. With Peine and Paderborn, we have already touched the Lower Saxony area where the name is not otherwise represented in Hildesheim 1428/71 and 1525 and in Braunschweig 1744. The Minstrel "Der Unverzagte" in 1280 was already mentioned above.

I wonder if the surname Unverzagt could have originated from Unvorczaytynne or as someone has even suggested that it was from France = Envergat?

B. Unverzagt

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X