• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • ellend1
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Sir Charles Baron de Bergh

Quellen, Belege, Literatur zum genannten Adel/Namen: Archives Departementales de la Moselle
    Die Suche betrifft das Jahr oder den Zeitraum: Circa 1752
    Genauere Orts-/Gebietseingrenzung: Angevillers, Moselle, France
    Fernabfrage vor der Beitragserstellung genutzt [ja/nein]:
    Zur Antwortfindung bereits genutzte Anlaufstellen (Ämter, Archive, Datenbanken):

Good evening. Forgive me if this is not the correct forum my inquiry (and please direct me elsewhere).

I have the marriage of my ancestors Jean Frederic SCHWENGSFELD x Jeanne Josephine de BERGH: 16 August 1752, Angevillers, Moselle, France. Here is a link to the marriage on page 188 (I have also attached a photo):

I have a translation of this entry from French to English. Please see photo.

At this time, I am researching the parents of the bride: Sir Charle Baron de Bergh, Lord of Angevillers, a Brigadier of the King's army, a colonel of a German infantry regiment of his name,

and his wife: Lady Catherine-Therese de Bullingen (sometimes Butin instead of Bullingen).

Here is a Family Search link to her death in 1776 with the name DOMINA THERESIA LIBERA BARONESSA BERGH DE BULLINGER:

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Here is a link to the death of Charles de Bergh on 2 March 1771, Angevillers - it is on the bottom of page 78 and continued on page 79:

I have included a picture of the English translation of this entry.

I am inexperienced with nobility and military research. Can anyone help me to learn more about Charles de Bergh and his wife, Catherine-Therese de Bullingen? Thank you.

Regards,

Ellen
    Angehängte Dateien
  • hhb55
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Ellen,

from the military I also have very little knowledge!
    At least I have found this family tree, which is perhaps useful!
    Possibly you can define your questions but again more precisely.

Greetings

Hans-Hermann

M Charles Adam de BERGH
    Geboren im Jahre 1695 - Betzdorf, D
    Verstorben am 2. März 1771 - Angevillers, ACTE, Alter: 76 Jahre alt
    Seigneur d'Angevillers brigadier des armées du roi

Eheschließungen und Kinder
    Mit Thérèse Anne de BUHLING 1698-1780 ihre Kinder
    F Jeanne Joseph de BERGH 1726-
    M Charles François de BERGH 1729-1729
    M Jean Antoine de BERGH 1730-1731
    M Louis Charles de BERGH 1731-1774
    F Marie Catherine de BERGH 1732-1732
    F Charlotte de BERGH ca 1737-1738
    F Josephine de BERGH 1737-
    F Marie Reine de BERGH 1741-1741
    M Enfant de BERGH 1742-1742

Beziehungen
    Pate (1770) : Geburt, Charles Louis LANISSE 1770-

Quellen
    Tod: acte de décès - DE BERGH Charles - Media - registre des actes - 1771 - Original - 9696

Thérèse Anne Sybille de Bullingen
    Geburtsdatum: 1698
    Tod 1780 (81-82)
    Worms, Rheinland-Pfalz, Deutschland
    Angehörige:
    Ehefrau von Charles Adams de Bergh
    Mutter von Louis Charles de Bergh
    Zuletzt geändert von hhb55; 08.06.2023, 20:23.

Kommentar

• ellend1
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Many thanks for taking time to reply to my vague inquiry for assistance!

May I ask if this tree is public somewhere so that I may be able to view it?

I have some of this information (except for the first two children named).

I would be interested to see the death entry for Thérèse Anne Sybille de Bullingen in 1780. At this time, I think perhaps that is the death record of the SISTER of my ancestor. (I see the baptism of Anna Sybilla Theresia Bullingen on 21 MARCH 1698). Without finding the marriage of Charles de Bergh and Catherine-Therese de Bullingen, it is difficult to be sure. But I have found a 1703 baptism for who I believe is my ancestor: Catharine Therese Agatha de Bullingen and her death in 1776.

At this time, I am inclined to think that the parents of my ancestor are:
      Hermann Joseph de Bullingen
      Maria Anna Bourel

I still wish I could find the marriage of Charles de Bergh x Catherine-Therese de Bullingen.

And I still search for the parents of Charles de Bergh. I have seen his parents named as Arnould Bernard de Bergh and Catharina Elisabeth von Molsberg, but I have not yet found any documents.

Kind regards,

Ellen

Kommentar

• hhb55
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Ellen,

you can see this tree on GENEANET!

On the side of

perhaps you can find some more informations!

Here more informations about the first child
        Angehängte Dateien

Kommentar

• hhb55
          Erfahrener Benutzer

….may be later more!

Greetings

Hans-Hermann
          Angehängte Dateien

Kommentar

• ellend1
            Erfahrener Benutzer

I appreciate your time! Unfortunately, I will have to look at this more tomorrow.

You have given me more to look at. And more questions, haha.

Kind regards,

Ellen

Kommentar

• kalex1946
              Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Ellen,

Having come this far in your research, I assume that you are familiar with the much more colorful history of the Schwengsfeld family and their origin in East Prussia, where the original name was Schwengsfeuer, the ennoblement of Carl Friedrich und Johann Georg Schwengsfeuer with the predicate "von Schwengsfelden" by Holy Roman Emperor Karl VI (later shortened by the family to "von Schwengsfeld") subsequent to their arrival at the court of Christian II in Birkenfeld, the participation of Johann Friedrich von Schwengsfeld in the American Revolutionary War while he was serving with Rocheambeau, and the origin of the family name Schwenkfelder, which was given to the son born to Christina Luginbühl when Marcus von Schwengsfeld (also spelled Schwenkfeld) denied paternity of the son he had sired with her. Some Schwenkfelder descendants live today in Idaho and eastern Switzerland.

Regards from South Carolina
              Kurt
              Zuletzt geändert von kalex1946; 10.06.2023, 20:58.

Kommentar

• ellend1
                Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for replying! I know a little of the Schwengfeld name - what I've been able to learn through Google. To be honest, I don't understand everything I read - sometimes I'm only able to piece little bits of information together. This is because sometimes I'm translating writings from German to English; and also because I'm rather ignorant of military history, the Court of Birkenfeld, etc. I don't remember the name Schwenkfelder - maybe I came across it but could never be sure it tied to my ancestors. Do you have Schwengsfeld in your tree? I'm curious how you are familiar with the name. Please message me if you'd be open to an email exchange. This part of my tree fascinates me and I would like to learn and understand more.

Kind regards,

Ellen

Kommentar

• kalex1946
                  Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Ellen,

I do not have any Schwengsfeld or Schwenkfelder ancestors in my family tree. I found the name interesting and did a quick Google search, which led me to an article on the family published (in German) on pp. 11-15 in Issue 60 of the Genealogisch Heraldische Gesellschaft Bern here

You can get a reasonable translation of the German text into English at deepl.com. Quite a few members of the famiy are mentioned in the article.

The ennoblement of the Schwengsfeuer family with the predicate “von Schwengsfelden” together with the coat of arms granted can he found in the Austrian State Archives here

I hope this helps you further.

Kind regards from South Carolina,
                  Kurt

Kommentar

• ellend1
                    Erfahrener Benutzer

Many thanks for helping!

Regards,

Ellen

Kommentar

Lädt...
                    X