• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Dave1948
    Benutzer

Austria Divorce / Annulment 1945-1948

Hi Guys, I am new here, and apologise that I cannot read/write German, and Google Translate may not translate exactly what I want.

I am tracing a Divorce/Annulment.

The marriage (which I have a copy of) was in Vienna, Austria on 19 December 1942 of Josef Karl Kaminsky to Kattalina Vogl.According to Austrian Law any Mental illness should be declared at the time of the marriage, but was not.Kattalina tried to kill their 2 children with a knife, and as Karl was unaware of her mental illness he obtained an Annulment sometime between 1945 and 1948. Being Catholic, I have been informed, this may have been through the Vatican.

Does anyone know where I can find/get a copy of the Divorce/Annulment. Would it be in Austria or Vatican City?

Many thanks, Dave.
  • pascho
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Dave,

a catholic marriage can not be divorced by the church but under special circumstances an anulment is possible. The procedure is ruled by the residing bishop (in this case the archbishop of Vienna).

If any files have survived they will be kept at the Archive of the Ordinariate of Vienna.

But in the 1940s a legal divorce at the court of Vienna should have been possible and more likely than the procedure at the church's court which would not have had any legal effects.
    Zuletzt ge?ndert von pascho; 07.10.2021, 22:03.
    Viele Grüße Pascal

Kommentar

Lädt...
    X