Boye Boyesen Diriks, geb 1744 auf der insel Sylt/Sild (oder der Oldenswort-gebiet)?

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • ebjune
    Neuer Benutzer

Boye Boyesen Diriks, geb 1744 auf der insel Sylt/Sild (oder der Oldenswort-gebiet)?

Hello!
    (Excuse my deutsch, I can just write english)

I am looking for a Boye Boyesen Diriks/Dirks/Dirchs, who supposed to have been born in 1744 at the island Sylt, right southwest of the danish border.

He became a ship-captain, and did married Maria Stoppel in Copenhagen in 1769. They did settle down i Copenhagen.

Does anyone have any information about his background, his parents, siblings, etc.??

I have noticed there was quite a few Diriks in the Oldenswort-area...maybe his last name / ancestors is from that place???
    (I am not too much into deutsche "last-name-traditions")

Best wishes
    Erik Bjune
    Norway
  • dizi
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Erik,

at http://www.online-ofb.de You find a database of Sylt with a lot of people born at Sylt, but the one You look for I couldn't find. On the island of Sylt there are some villages. Do You know where B.B.D came from ?

The name Dirichs or Dircks etc is a paternal name. So You can't be sure in which way it was actually spelled.

regards

Dirk

Kommentar

• ebjune
      Neuer Benutzer

Okay, thanks anyway.

Unfortunately I dont have any further information, only that a few Danish sources tells that he was from Sylt.

Erik

Kommentar

• dizi
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von ebjune Beitrag anzeigen
        Okay, thanks anyway.

Unfortunately I dont have any further information, only that a few Danish sources tells that he was from Sylt.

Erik
        Do You have the names of some relatives or names of his children ? This could sometimes be helpful.

IMHO I think his name could mean "Boy son of Boy grandson of Dirck". So he could also be called Boy BOYSEN, Boje BOJENS or even Boy / Boje DIRCKS.The given name of his father should be "Boy /Boje" but his surname could be different from "Dirck". Be creative !

I don't think that he might come from Oldenswort if the danish sources say that he was from Sylt. There were only very few relations between Sylt and Eiderstedt (the region where Oldenswort is situated) as you can see in the database.

Perhaps You know the name of a ship that he commanded. This could be leading further on.

good luck

Dirk

Kommentar

• an der Schlei
          Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von ebjune Beitrag anzeigen
          Hello!
          (Excuse my deutsch, I can just write english)...

I am looking for a Boye Boyesen Diriks/Dirks/Dirchs, who supposed to have been born in 1744 at the island Sylt, right southwest of the danish border. ...

He became a ship-captain, and did married Maria Stoppel in Copenhagen in 1769. They did settle down i Copenhagen....

Hello Erik,

i hope you can also excuse my english - it is much better than my norwegish.

On this Homepage http://www.sa.dk/content/dk/ao-forside/find_kirkeboger you can have a look to all Churchbooks (Birth, marriage, death of persons) in (todays) Denmark from the beginning of these books till to the 1900 years.

The only problem is, that there are a very lot of churches in Kopenhagen.
          If you do not know the church of the marriage you need some patience and have to try all churchbooks.

But it is verry possible that you find the note of the marriage and - with a little luck - informations about the parents of man and woman.

IF he or his wife died in Kopenhagen it might also be very interesting to find this note in the churchbook. Because often there are mentioned a lot of informations about the past of the person.

Good luck for your search.
          Maike (from Schleswig-Holstein)

Kommentar

• animei
            Erfahrener Benutzer

Die Heirat fand in St. Petri statt: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FK7G-275,
            aber im Heiratseintrag steht nichts von den Eltern außer dem Stiefvater der Braut.
            Angehängte Dateien
            Gruß
            Anita

Kommentar

• an der Schlei
              Erfahrener Benutzer

Ja, der Heiratseintrag gibt nicht viel her.

Vielleicht habe ich sie in der Volkszählung gefunden:

Samtlige personer i husstanden

København, København (Staden), Snarens Kvarter, , Raadhusstræde 128, 4, FT-1787, B5768

Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv:
              Maria Elisabeth Dircks 45 Enke(mand) Konen Handl.med Westindiske Producter
              Friderich Peter Dircks 15 Ugift En Søn

Christian Adolph Dircks 12 Ugift En Søn

Mariane Henriette Dircks 9 Ugift En Datter

Anna Maria Møller 36 Ugift Tjeneste Folk

Karen Peders Datter 26 Ugift Tjeneste Folk

So you can still try to find her death in the churchbook.
              Or the death of the husband before 1787.
              Or the birth of the children.

Good luck for your search.
              Maike (from Schleswig-Holstein)

Kommentar

• UrsulaK
                Erfahrener Benutzer

Hej Erik,

kan du lige fortælle os, hvorfor du tror at Boye Boyesen Diriks stammer fra Sild? Er det nogle danske kilder hvor det står hen og hvis hvilke?

Hvor langt er du ellers kommet med din søgning siden dit indlæg på Slægt-og-Data sidste år: https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/in...,prev.html#new ?
                Liebe Grüsse UrsulaK

Kommentar

• Westerland
                  Neuer Benutzer

Boy Boysen Dirks

Hello Erik,

in the 18th century people on the island of Sylt had frisian names, their language was Frisian. Often, when they sailed from ports like Hamburg, Copenhagen or Amsterdam, they changed their names so that it was easier for the locals to write and pronounce the names. For example Bonde/Bunde/Boh/Boy/ Buh could be used alternativly.The name of "Erken/Erk" was sometimes changed into "Dirksen/Dirk"
                  Having said that, it could be possible that your Boy Boysen Dirks is identical with Bonde Bonde Erken, who was born 1741 in the village of Morsum/Sylt. It is known that he lived in Copenhagen.

Elisabeth

Kommentar

Lädt...
                  X