• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Anna Sara Weingart
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von Anna Sara Weingart Beitrag anzeigen
    Correction: it was a petition (letter of appeal) to the state government, and the state government delegated the city of Esslingen to handle the case ....
    The petition is addressed to the governor the Holy Roman Empire in Wuerttemberg due to the fact, that Esslingen is a free imperial city (= Reichsstadt). The duke of Wuerttemberg was not the ruler of the city of Esslingen. So, the governor of the Holy Roman Empire - the deputy of the Kaiser in Wuerttemberg - was the responsible authority, not the duke.
    The governor (= Statthalter) then passed on the case to the city.

It's a bit like D.C. (Washington), which is not part of Maryland.
    Zuletzt ge?ndert von Anna Sara Weingart; 29.11.2017, 17:53.
    Viele Grüße

Kommentar

• NickV
      Benutzer

Thank you very much you guys, for all the help. Do you think the connection is reasonable, then? Johannes mentioning his ancestors coming from Dagersheim, the 16th century tree mentioning an ancestor Hans Wirtemberger, and a goldsmith Hans Wirtemberger (son of H.W. Sr) dying and leaving an inheritance to cousins and J.B. going to Wurrtemberg to collect his inheritance from a relative?

Kommentar

• Anna Sara Weingart
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von NickV Beitrag anzeigen
        ... J.B. going to Wurrtemberg to collect his inheritance from a relative?
        No. J.B.'s motives for the migrations have to been seen in connection with the political situation.
        J.B. and his father J.B. were loyal to Ulrich, the duke of Wuerttemberg.
        Note! -> his mother Margaretha was the "second cousin" of duke Ulrich: http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-...hnen&id=I20260

But the duke was forced to leave his duchy in 1519. The reasons for that can be read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_...7s_first_reign
        Philip, the Landgrave of Hessia, was a friend of duke Ulrich, and also Protestant. Philip helped by giving jobs to the Protestant families, which were loyal to the duke and therefore also forced to leave Wuerttemberg.
        Therefore, J.B. lived in exile in Hessia until 1534 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulrich...mberg#In_exile

Duke Ulrich came back to Wuerttemberg in 1534 and introduced the Reformation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reformation
        For that he needed loyal Protestant priests. That is one reason why Eberhard Bidembach studied theology in 1542.
        Zuletzt ge?ndert von Anna Sara Weingart; 29.11.2017, 20:35.
        Viele Grüße

Kommentar

• Anna Sara Weingart
          Erfahrener Benutzer

... Johannes mentioning his ancestors coming from Dagersheim, the 16th century tree mentioning an ancestor Hans Wirtemberger ...
          This is Hans Wirtemberger, named "der Ehrbarmann von Tagersheim" (= Dagersheim) --> http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-...hnen&id=I20259
          It is the grandfather of J.B.
          The first wife of Hans Wirtemberger is named as Barbara KALTMAYER
          Zuletzt ge?ndert von Anna Sara Weingart; 29.11.2017, 21:08.
          Viele Grüße

Kommentar

• Anna Sara Weingart
            Erfahrener Benutzer

some differents here:
            Liebe Adelsforscher, da wir an anderer Stelle schon mehrmals das Thema direkte Hochadelsanschlüsse bürgerlicher Familien angeschnitten hatten, eröffne ich dieses neue Thema. Es dürfte recht interessant werden. Es geht hier nicht so sehr um die Verbindungen bürgerlicher Familien mit adeligen Familien, die dann den

but he names sources
            Zuletzt ge?ndert von Anna Sara Weingart; 29.11.2017, 22:21.
            Viele Grüße

Kommentar

• NickV
              Benutzer

Oh wow, thank you Anna. So is it widely accepted J.B. was a descendant of Ludwig I?

Kommentar

• Anna Sara Weingart
                Erfahrener Benutzer

... So is it widely accepted J.B. was a descendant of Ludwig I?
                Yes. I think so.
                There are some genealogical sources cited in the link in my last post, and ... wikipedia says it also: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Bidembach
                regards

I am not a genealogical expert. I believe the things good freaks found out.
                Zuletzt ge?ndert von Anna Sara Weingart; 29.11.2017, 23:55.
                Viele Grüße

Kommentar

• NickV
                  Benutzer

Thanks Anna. That was the main thing I was curious about. I thought the main proof of his descent from Ludwig was the idea that the goldsmith was his cousin, but are there other proofs?

Kommentar

• Anna Sara Weingart
                    Erfahrener Benutzer

... I thought the main proof of his descent from Ludwig was the idea that the goldsmith was his cousin ...
                    No. I didn't know about the goldsmith before you began questions here.

You found out, the goldsmith is also the descent from Ludwig? That is all new for me. Then, indeed, he would be a relative of Bidembach.
                    Can you give me an Internet link to the goldsmith's online ancestors table?
                    Viele Grüße

Kommentar

• NickV
                      Benutzer

Sure. Well from what I understood when I was sent that article (I can't read German, I had to type it out and put it through Google Translate) the goldsmith Hans Wirtemberger, who also served as a town clerk, is described in a legal document being given a large sum of money by his father, also called Hans Wirtemberger, in Stuttgart, who the author assumes is the same Hans Wirtemberger of Dagersheim, who died in Stuttgart in 1504.

I had thought J.B's decent from Ludwig I wasn't proven until (according to the article) the connection was supposedly established between he and the goldsmith. The article seemed to imply that J.B. came back to Wurrtemberg to take up an inheritance from this relative.

Kommentar

• NickV
                        Benutzer

I understand there's an old family tree from the 1600's that mentions J.B.'s grandfather being named Hans Wirtemberger. I wasn't sure if that tree is available online?

Kommentar

• Anna Sara Weingart
                          Erfahrener Benutzer

Here is a thread with our subject:
                          Hallo an alle, da ein Wappen für Johann Wirttemberger vorliegt, das ihn eindeutig als Bastard von Württemberg ausweist, ist die Abstammungsfrage von Graf Ludwig I. von Württemberg-Urach geklärt. Er ist ein natürlicher Sohn des Grafen. Nicht geklärt ist die Nachkommenfrage. Es stehen zwei Namen im Raum, die man im WWW und

They discussed if Margarethe Wirttemberger, the mother of Bidembach, really was the granddaughter of Ludwig.
                          Zuletzt ge?ndert von Anna Sara Weingart; 30.11.2017, 17:18.
                          Viele Grüße

Kommentar

• Anna Sara Weingart
                            Erfahrener Benutzer

The author of the above linked family tree names a good source:
                            LONHARD, OTTO-GÜNTER: Johann Bidenbach im 16. Jahrhundert, seine Familie und Vorfahren. In: Südwestdeutsche Blätter für Familien- und Wappenkunde, Band 30, 2012. Stuttgart 2012. S. 37

Zuletzt ge?ndert von Anna Sara Weingart; 30.11.2017, 17:26.
                            Viele Grüße

Kommentar

• NickV
                              Benutzer

Thanks Anna. That Dr. Lonhard article is actually the one I was referencing in the OP. I can send you the full article if you like, but that section in the OP I think is the only part that talks about the Wurrtemberg ancestry... there might be more I just wasn't able to understand. What conclusion did they come to in that thread?

Kommentar

• Anna Sara Weingart
                                Erfahrener Benutzer

... Dr. Lonhard article is actually the one I was referencing in the OP. I can send you the full article if you like ...
                                Thanks. I would like to read the full article. Then I can give you competent answers, hopefully.
                                I'll send you a private forum message with my email address.
                                Viele Grüße

Kommentar

Lädt...
                                X