Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 14.05.2018, 08:24
glider42 glider42 ist offline
Benutzer

Standard

Thanks to AIAvo and Marina for their latest suggestions. I did not know you could send a search request to the Historical State Archives of Latvia. I will certainly think about that. I cannot visit in person unfortunately, as I live in Australia.

Regarding the records held by the Bundesarchiv, I have already received the results of their search. They only uncovered one document which did not throw much light. It just confirmed that my grandfather was interned in a Rücksiedlerlager in Ludwigslust. I am aware that collection BArch, R 59 holds information about the nachumsiedlers. For example, this record:

https://www.deutsche-digitale-biblio...3NI47BH22VNCIZ

I asked the Bundesarchiv to do more research in R 59, but they refused. They said I should contact a professional genealogical researcher. Can anyone recommend one in Germany who speaks English?

Finally, regarding Marina's suggestion to consult military documents. As AIAvo says, if they existed, the WASt would have found them. I have consulted many online archives of Luftwaffe losses, but none of them contain the name in question. It is possible that my grandfather, being Latvian, was not considered officially enlisted in 1941.

So, as you can see, it is a deep mystery!

Regards.