Looking for info on my ancestors in Munchen, please help!

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • ddenni
    Benutzer

Looking for info on my ancestors in Munchen, please help!

Hallo,

I am french and I live in California. I have done a lot of research on my ancestors but I am struggling with some of my german ancestors. My apologies for typing in English. My german is not good enough...

My great grandfather was Otto Adolf Karl FURST, born 12 July 1872 in Munchen (Catholic)

His father was Otto Furst from Sandizell and his mother was Karolina Allertseder from Munchen. They got married on 6 February 1871.

I would love to have a birth certificate or the parents' birth certificate. Unfortunately, I cannot visit the archives in Munchen. Thanks in advance!

David from San Diego, California
  • mabelle
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello David,

Thanks for the input. I'll look after it as soon as the archive is opened again.

mabelle
    Axinger: Michelsneukirchen, Aipoln, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Bezold: Eckenhaid/Eckental, Eschenbach, Tirschenreuth, Moosburg, Ebersberg, Kitzingen, Landshut, Halle-Saale, Duisburg, Hudson, New Jersey, USA
    Krömer: Bieskau, Schweidnitz, Schlesien
    Meißner: Lauterbach, Großkonreuth
    Rother: Königszelt, Költschen, Schweidnitz, Schlesien
    Thamm: Peterwitz, Saarau, Schlesien

Kommentar

• scheuck
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi, David!

Welcome to the "club" !!!

I'm pretty sure you know we have registry offices (Standesämter) in Germany since 1876. Up to this year births, marriages and deaths have been written down in church books.
      Unfortunately you'll have to know the parish's name to look for those documents, especially regarding big cities like Munic.

Do you know where your people lived in Munic at that times? Maybe one can clarify the parish by adress?

You know the exact dates concerning the birth of your great grandfather and the marriage of his parents. Where did you get?
      Herzliche Grüße
      Scheuck

Kommentar

• ddenni
        Benutzer

Otto and Karolina got married at the "METROPOLITAN PFARREI".
        I believe they lived after at "Burgstraße 2, Munchen"

Kommentar

• Xtine
          Administrator

Hello David,

Near Burgstraße we have 3 Churches
          • Dom Zu Unserer Lieben Frau
          • Hl. Geist
          • St. Peter

Are you sure that it is the first, our cathedral?

Where did you get this information from?
          Viele Grüße .................................. .
          Christine
          sigpic .. .............
          Wer sich das Alte noch einmal vor Augen führt, um das Neue zu erkennen, der kann anderen ein Lehrer sein.
          (Konfuzius)

Kommentar

• ddenni
            Benutzer

Zitat von Xtine Beitrag anzeigen
            Hello David,

Near Burgstraße we have 3 Churches
            • Dom Zu Unserer Lieben Frau
            • Hl. Geist
            • St. Peter

Are you sure that it is the first, our cathedral?

Where did you get this information from?
            Yes, the "unserer lieben Frau". I saw the marriage on the local newspaper

Kommentar

• Elfchen21
              Benutzer

Hello David,
              Welcome to the forum.
              Do you know if any of the above mentioned poeple died in Munich, and do you happen to have their dates of death? It may be easier to start from there, as there may be death certificates from the Standesamt. I could help with the translations to request them.

Regards
              Kathrin
              Forsche u.a. in: M'Gladbach u. Niederkrüchten: Lenzen, Gerards, Michiels; Baden/Elsaß: Schneider, Tschamber; Bensberg/Kürten: Krauhs, Rottländer; Sinzig/Ahr: Schmickler, Fuchs, Decker; Partenstein: Kunkel, Mehrlich; Niederbayern: Gierlinger, Wittenzellner; Sachsen: Meinig, Schlegel

Kommentar

• ddenni
                Benutzer

Hi Kathrin!
                I know that Karolina Allertseder (FURST after her marriage) died young at the age of 24 and was buried on 13 February 1876. The father of Otto (named Otto too) was still alive in 1916 but I dont know his death. Otto, the son, died in France and I have the info already.
                Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!
                David

Kommentar

• ddenni
                  Benutzer

She died in Munchen indeed

Kommentar

• Elfchen21
                    Benutzer

Hi David,
                    you are lucky in this case. Civil registry offices started their work on January 1st, 1876! The death certificate could be a good starting point there. I can help you with ordering the certificate, I'll send you a PN about it.
                    Forsche u.a. in: M'Gladbach u. Niederkrüchten: Lenzen, Gerards, Michiels; Baden/Elsaß: Schneider, Tschamber; Bensberg/Kürten: Krauhs, Rottländer; Sinzig/Ahr: Schmickler, Fuchs, Decker; Partenstein: Kunkel, Mehrlich; Niederbayern: Gierlinger, Wittenzellner; Sachsen: Meinig, Schlegel

Kommentar

• ddenni
                      Benutzer

does anybody know when the offices are scheduled to open again by any chance?

Kommentar

• mabelle
                        Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von ddenni Beitrag anzeigen
                        does anybody know when the offices are scheduled to open again by any chance?
                        Hello David,

You probably mean the church archive. This has nothing to do with the office resp. archive for civil registrations. I have promised to look after the church entries as soon as the archive is re-opened. I was talking to someone on the phone the other day and she could not tell a date. I'll be calling again on Monday and let you know then.

Greetings,
                        mabelle
                        Axinger: Michelsneukirchen, Aipoln, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
                        Bezold: Eckenhaid/Eckental, Eschenbach, Tirschenreuth, Moosburg, Ebersberg, Kitzingen, Landshut, Halle-Saale, Duisburg, Hudson, New Jersey, USA
                        Krömer: Bieskau, Schweidnitz, Schlesien
                        Meißner: Lauterbach, Großkonreuth
                        Rother: Königszelt, Költschen, Schweidnitz, Schlesien
                        Thamm: Peterwitz, Saarau, Schlesien

Kommentar

• ddenni
                          Benutzer

Oh I see. I misunderstood and thought it was the civil offices that had a problem. Thanks for the explanation and many thanks for your help! It is hard to do any research in Germany without being on site.

Kommentar

• ddenni
                            Benutzer

Hello all,

thanks to Mabelle, I now have the marriage certificate for Otto Furst and Karolina Allertseder. I'm having some hard time reading the document. Is there anyone who could kindly help me please? here is a link to the document and here is what I can read.

Otto Carl ??? Furst, kaufmann von Sandizell ?? Schrobenhausen xxxx sohn xx Anton Furst, Kunstgärtner in Sandizell xxx xxx Barbara geb. Dicker xxx geb. 7 Mai 1843 zu ???? in ????

Karolina Allertseder, ???? Alois Allertseder, Schneidermeister ????????????????????? ????????? geb 26 Nov 1850 ?????

????
                            ????
                            I cannot read the rest

Could anyone please help me read the missing words? Thanks a lot in advance! My german is really limited so I appreciate any help!
                            David

Kommentar

• ddenni
                              Benutzer

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X