Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 03.12.2008, 11:19
Benutzerbild von Rosina
Rosina Rosina ist offline weiblich
Erfahrener Benutzer
Registriert seit: 28.09.2008
Ort: Würzburg
Beiträge: 110

Hallo Svenja,
da hat sich nicht alles mitkopiert. Auf der linken Seite des Dokuments gibt es einen Link "Kopie des Originalantrags anfordern".

Wenn man den Link anklickt kommt folgende Seite:

You are here: Search > Birth, Marriage & Death > SSDI > Letter
Writing a letter to the Social Security AdministrationClick here to generate letter
When you find your ancestors in the Social Security Death Index (also known as the Death Master File), you may want a copy of your ancestor's original Social Security application. This application has valuable additional information and can serve as documentation for your own records. The Social Security Administration makes copies of the original Social Security application form (the SS-5) available to third parties who request information on a deceased individual.
The application form (SS-5) contains the following information:
  • Full name
  • Full name at birth (including maiden name)
  • Present mailing address
  • Age at last birthday
  • Date of birth
  • Place of birth (City, county, state)
  • Father's full name "regardless of whether living or dead"
  • Mother's full name, including maiden name, "regardless of whether living or dead"
  • Sex and race
  • Ever applied for SS number/Railroad Retirement before? Yes/No
  • Current employer's name and address
  • Date signed
  • Applicant's signature
A standard letter to the Social Security Administration is available with the search results on the Ancestry.com Social Security Death Index. This letter may be printed and mailed to the Social Security Administration to request a copy of your ancestor's SS-5 form. The Social Security Administration now charges $27.00 for each individual copy (an abbreviated NUMIDENT printout is available for $16.00).
Click here to generate letter
Not everyone who has, or has had, a Social Security card will appear on the Social Security Death Index (SSDI). The SSDI lists only those individuals for whom a lump sum death benefit was paid. Many other enrolled persons are not listed either because their death was not reported or they are still living. If you haven't found your deceased ancestor on the SSDI, but he or she was likely enrolled with the Social Security system, it may still be possible to get a photocopy of his or her original SS-5.To request this information, you will need to send the name and Social Security number of the person you're researching. You might be able to locate the person's Social Security number in the following places:
  • personal papers
  • death certificate
  • funeral home records
  • records held by financial institutions
  • voter registration rolls at county courthouse
  • former employers of the individual
If those sources don't produce the number, you may request a "records search" with the Social Security Administration. To request this service you must send $29 and provide the following information: full name, state of birth, and date of birth to:
  • Freedom of Information Officer
    4-H-8 Annex Building
    6401 Security Boulevard
    Baltimore, Maryland 21235
Providing names of parents are also helpful, especially with common surnames. Be sure also to provide proof of death, as the records of living individuals are not publicly available.

Und hinter dem Link "Click here to generate letter"
versteckt sich folgende Seite

Social Security Administration
Office of Earnings Operations
FOIA Workgroup
300 N. Greene Street
P.O. Box 33022
Baltimore, Maryland 21290

Re: Freedom of Information Act Request

Dear Freedom of Information Officer,
I am writing this request under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. Section 552. I hereby request a copy of the SS-5, Application for Social Security Card, or a corresponding NUMIDENT printout (see below) for the following individual:
Worob, Veronica
Birth: 1 Dec 1900
Death: Apr 1979

This individual is deceased, having been listed in the Social Security Administration's Death Master File. I understand the fee for this service is $27 for copy of original SS-5 application OR $16 for copy of an abbreviated NUMIDENT printout when the Social Security Number is provided. I am requesting a (circle one: SS-5 copy OR Numident printout) Included is a check for $______ made out to the Social Security Administration to cover any administrative costs required by this request.
Please respond to my request upon receipt of this initial correspondence. Thank you for your attention and assistance.


Daytime Phone Number:

Ich habe 2007 an drei freien Tagen bei Ancestry gesucht und die Seite auf meinem PC geladen. Zur Zeit habe ich nur den Gastzugang, kann also auch nicht sagen, ob das so noch funktioniert.

Dazu meine Frage, ob das schon mal jemand gemacht hat. Soweit ich das verstehe, kann man dahin schreiben und einen "Scheck"? beilegen. Ob das allerdings von Deutschland aus geht?? Und ob man auch Auskunft über Nichtverwande bekommt?
Ich vermute ja nur dass Veronica Worob, die Tochter von Andreas Vormwald ist.

Herzliche Grüße
Mit Zitat antworten