• Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • markrmck
    Benutzer

Heinrich Schroeder, Diechhauptmann, Klein-Wisch, 1890-1930

Die Suche betrifft das Jahr oder den Zeitraum: 1850-1940
    Genaue Orts-/Gebietseingrenzung: Bahrenfleth, Klein-Wisch, Wewelfleth
    Konfession der gesuchten Person(en): Heinrich Schroeder, Anne Tiedemann, Jurgen Schroeder
    Bisher selbst durchgeführte Internet-Recherche (Datenbanken): Ancestry.com
    Zur Antwortfindung bereits genutzte Anlaufstellen (Ämter, Archive):

I am looking for information on the Schroeder family of Wewelsfleth and Bahrenfelth. Jurgen Schroeder is my wife's great-grandfather. He was born around 1857. Lived in Wewelsfleth before emigrating to the US in 1898 with his wife, Frieda Schroder, whose family was from Bahrenfeld near Hamburg.

We believe Jurgen had a brother Heinrich Schroeder who married Anne Tiedemann on 12 Mar 1886. Heinrich lived in Klein Wisch. He was Deichhauptmann for the III Dikeband in the 1920-30s, and was also a senior official, perhaps mayor of Barenfleth in that same period. Heirich and Anne had nine children. We know the names of some of their spouses:

- Georg, reportedly died in the First World War
    - Martha, married Heini Kirschstein from Bleckede
    - Kaethe, was engaged to Adolf Peyn from Neuekirchen in 1936
    - Magda, married Hans von Leesen)
    - Hans Jasper
    - Anna-Magda
    - Albert, married Ada Peters on 12 Mar 1936
    - Wilhelm or Willy, married Gretchen Goettsche on 12 Mar 1936
    - Olly or Olivia?, may have subsequently married someone named Herman

We have not been able to find out additional information about Heinrich Schroeder by searching on Ancestry.com or through general Internet searches. Of course, there are many Schroeder families in Schleswig-Holdstein, and Heinrich Schroeder is not an uncommon name. We are hoping that someone who uses this site may be able to be able to provide some additional information or assistance.

Thank you, Mark
  • Verano
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hallo Mark,

willkommen im Forum.

- Magda, verheiratet Hans von Leesen:

Magda * 1897, Tochter des Heinrich, oo 1919 Hans von Leesen * 1896, Sohn des Wilhelm von Leesen, 1860 – 19xx, Amtsvorsteher 1896 – 1915, 1907 – 1919 Besitzer in Hodorf, oo 1893 Sophie Wilkens.
    Falls gewünscht, die Linie geht noch weiter zurück.

Quelle: Die Bauernhöfe der Kremper- und Kollmar-Marsch.

Heinrich Schröder 1861 – 19xx, Sohn des Gerdt Schröder aus Borsfleth, Hofbesitzer in Bahrenfleth 1886, Hof 48 ha, Amtsvorsteher seit 1906, Deichhauptmann des 3. holstein. Deichbandes
    oo 1886 Anne Tiedemann 1867 – 19xx, Tochter des Hinrich T. und der Elsabe Vollmert aus Wilster. Sie hatten neun Kinder:

Georg, Heinrich, Otto, Elsa, Magda, Albert, Georg Wilhelm, Olga und Käthe.

Zu den Kindern morgen mehr.

xx because of the privacy, do you want the data? Then I will send you a message.
    Zuletzt geändert von Verano; 05.07.2018, 22:08.
    Viele Grüße August

Die Vergangenheit ist ein fremdes Land, dort gelten andere Regeln.

Kommentar

• markrmck
      Benutzer

Response to your post

Hello, Verano -

Thank you for responding to my post. I am pleased to confirm the information about Hans van Leesen. I found on Ancestry.com a government report from 1928 of property in Schleswig-Holstein (Handbuch des Grundbesitzes im Deutschen Reiche: Band Schleswig-Holstein, 1928). In addition to the property belonging to Heinrich Schroeder, I believe I also found a list for property in Hodorf belonging to Hans van Leesen, which is consistent with your information. Since the van Leesen's are not directly related to my family, I don't expect to further explore that family line. However, thank you for your offer.

I would be very much interested in learning more about Heinrich Schroeder's family and his children. Your list of the children's names is somewhat different from the list I have. My list comes from an announcement of the celebration of Heinrich and Anne's 50th wedding anniversary, which was sent to my wife's great-grandmother in the US. The children's names are listed as part of a poem (in German), so we may have misunderstood some of the references. For example, there's a reference to a Martha and a Heini (Heinrich). We thought Martha was the daughter and Heinrich the son-in-law, but perhaps it was the other way around.

I'm not sure who Otto and Elsa were, as the poem definitely refers to a Hans Jasper and a Anna-Magda, instead. One daughter was referred to as Olly, which I thought might be short for Olivia, but perhaps is a nickname for Olga. The other children (George, Magda, Albert, George William, and Kathe) match the children as described in this poem. By the way, I don't have the announcement here in Germany, but I would be happy to send you a photocopy when I get back to the US in August.

In any case, I would be very interested in having whatever information you may have about Heinrich and Anne's children. I would also be interested in anything you may know about Gerdt Schroeder and Heinrich's siblings. As I mentioned, we are fairly sure that Jurgen Schroeder, my wife's great-grandfather, was Heinrich's brother. In the announcement they also refer to an Uncle Julius and Aunt Frieda from Brokreihe. In the 1928 list of property I mentioned there was a listing for a Julius Harder living in Brokreihe. I wondered if this was the same person, and thought that perhaps Frieda was related to Heinrich, maybe his sister. In any case, any information you have about Heinrich and his relations would be of great interest.

Thank you, again, for responding to my post. I look forward to hearing from you when you have the time.

Best wishes,

Mark
      Zuletzt geändert von markrmck; 06.07.2018, 22:14.

Kommentar

• Verano
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von markrmck Beitrag anzeigen

I am looking for information on the Schroeder family of Wewelsfleth and Bahrenfelth. Jurgen Schroeder is my wife's great-grandfather. He was born around 1857. Lived in Wewelsfleth before emigrating to the US in 1898 with his wife, Frieda Schroder, whose family was from Bahrenfeld near Hamburg.
        Hello Mark,

Der Ort heißt Bahrenfleth.
        Gar nicht so einfach, die Schröders auseinander zu halten.
        Hier die Linie der Frieda Schröder:

Jürgen Schröder, oo 1860 Rebecka Margretha Mohrdiek * 1831, Tochter des Peter M.
        Kinder:

a) Johannes, + als Soldat in Potsdam
        b) Bertha, Lehrerin in Chicago
        c) Helene
        d) Emma
        e) Rudolf, Zimmermann
        f) Wilhelm, Farmer
        g) Frieda, * 10.4.1870, Bahrenfleth, oo 1. Puckham/Peckham, Fabrikbesitzer, 2. oo 14.5.1898, Jürgen Schröder (beide wohnhaft Dixon, Californien),23.1.1857 – 1927,Wewelsfleth,Sohn des Gerdt Schröder (Hofbesitzer, 1898 Rentner)und Catharina Harder.

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Die Kinder b – f und die Eltern wanderten nach Amerika aus.

Außerdem noch ein Sohn Gustav:
        Gustav 24.11.1874
        Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Diese Angaben habe ich alle aus dem „Mammutwerk“ mit über Tausend Namen und Familien aus mehr als Dreihundert Jahren. Da sind Fehler nicht ausgeschlossen.

Heute Abend mehr zu den Vorfahren Schröder.

The data protection is to be observed for possibly still living persons.
        Viele Grüße August

Kommentar

• Kasstor
          Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Mark,

I don´t know if you´ve already got the marriage certificate for Juergen and Frieda: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...=54&cc=2454663
          death cert for father Ger(d)t/ Gehrt: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...=19&cc=2454663
          death cert Catharina nee Harder: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...=55&cc=2454663

Thus, Heinrich and Jurgen should have been brothers.

Heinrich´s and Anna´s children ( births, also from familysearch):
          Georg 23. Jan 1887
          Johannes Heinrich 02 Mar 1889
          Otto Hugo 05 Feb 1891 ( + 04 Aug 1915 WW I )
          Elsa Caecilie Catrine 19 Feb 1895
          Magda 19 Feb 1897
          Albert Claus 11 May 1899
          Georg Wilhelm 11 Mar 1901

Regards,

Thomas
          FN Pein (Quickborn vor 1830), FN Hinsch (Poppenbüttel, Schenefeld), FN Holle (Hamburg, Lüchow?), FN Ludwig/Niesel (Frankenstein/Habelschwerdt) FN Tönnies (Meelva bei Karuse-Estland, später Hamburg), FN Lindloff (Altona, Lüneburg, Suderburg)

Ceterum censeo progeniem hominum esse deminuendam

Kommentar

• Verano
            Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von Kasstor Beitrag anzeigen

Thus, Heinrich and Jurgen should have been brothers.

Heinrich´s and Anna´s children ( births, also from familysearch):
            Georg 23. Jan 1887
            Johannes Heinrich 02 Mar 1889
            Otto Hugo 05 Feb 1891 ( + 04 Aug 1915 WW I )
            Elsa Caecilie Catrine 19 Feb 1895
            Magda 19 Feb 1897
            Albert Claus 11 May 1899
            Georg Wilhelm 11 Mar 1901
            Hello Mark,

first, please delete your e-mail address, because of spam! I wrote it down.

Hallo Thomas,

das deckt sich ungefähr mit den Angaben aus dem Buch:

1) Georg ist Berichten zufolge im Ersten Weltkrieg gestorben,
            * 1887, war im Krieg 1914/18, + 19xx, Gemeindevorsteher 1932 – 1945 und ab 1949, oo Martha Henke 1910 – 19xx aus Kaltenkirchen. Kinder a) Gerda * 19xx, b) Irmgard * 19xx.
            2) Heinrich * 1889, im Krieg 1914/18, Oberbausekretär, oo 1922 Martha Hahn, * 1901, Tochter des Simon, Gemeinde Borsfleth, (es gibt noch mehr zu Hahn).
            3) Otto, * 1891, war im Krieg, + (gefallen) 1915.
            4) Elsa * 1895, oo 1918 Richard Kirchstein, * 1890, im Krieg 1914/18, Oberstadtsekretär in Berlin, (Tochter Käthe * 19xx)
            5) Magda, verheiratet Hans von Leesen
            siehe oben
            6) Albert, heiratete Ada Peters am 12. März 1936
            * 1899, + 19xx, Bahnbeamter in Heide, oo 1936 Ada Peters aus Heide.
            7) Wilhelm oder Willy, heiratete Gretchen Goettsche am 12. März 1936
            Georg Wilhelm, * 1901, + 19xx, oo 1936 Gretchen Göttsche, 1914- 19xx aus Schotten, 1937 Hofbesitzer in Klein Wisch, Kinder a)Gerd-Heinrich 19xx – 19xx, b) Annegrete * 19xx (sie ist Hofbesitzerin 19xx) oo 19xx Heinz-Hermann Magens * 19xx, Sohn des Werner von Brunsholt, Kinder Dierk * 19xx oo Sabine Semmelhaak * 19xx aus Neuenkirchen,
            8) Olly oder Olivia?, Könnte später jemanden namens Herman geheiratet haben
            Olga, * 1906 * 19xx, oo 1936 Hermann Schröder 1905- 19xx aus Hochfeld, Kinder, Folker * 19xx, Elke * 19xx.
            9) Käthe * 19xx, oo 1937 Adolf Peyn 1912 – 19xx, Bäckermeister in Neuenkirchen, Kinder Silke * 19xx, Jens-Hinrich * 19xx, Dierk * 19xx

Zu den Eltern der Brüder heute Abend mehr.

Viele Grüße August

Kommentar

• markrmck
              Benutzer

Addl. information on Jurgen and Frieda Schroeder

Hi, Verano and Thomas - Thank you for all your help. I have information on the descendants of Jurgen and Frieda and Jurgen and Rebecka in the United after the emigrated, if you are interested.

Jurgen and Frieda, and their daughters Alma and Agnes, returned to Germany sometime around 1904-1906 and lived at Karlstrasse 2, Itzehoe. The family story is that Jurgen was called back to Germany to take over the family business. In any case, when Jurgen died in 1927 his position was Commissar d. Landesbrandkasse. Alma and Agnes emigrated back to the US in the 1920s. After Jurgen passed away, Frieda returned to the US in 1928 to live with her daughter Alma. We have photo albums from their time in Germany that Alma brought with her, including photographs of a person we think is Georg. We would be happy to make scanned copies if their are relatives that would like to see these photographs.

In terms of Frieda's sibblings, I have a slightly different record:

Emma * abt. 1864, emigrated on 26 Apr 1882; no record of marriage or death

Augusta * 22 Feb 1865 + 22 Aug 1901 in San Francisco, emigrated 26 Apr 1882; married 20 Sep 1894 to Henry Schutt * 1864 + 1911; children, Freda Augusta *1895 +1974, Helen Bertha *1897 +1978, Henry *1898 +1967, Louise Augusta *1901 +1970

Helen * 10 Mar 1868 + 28 Jul 1904, may have emigrated in Sep 1882, married 1895 William Anderson Tauzer *1859 +1930; one child, Clarence Jurgen (Red) *1897 +1948

Frieda * Apr 1870 + 28 Jul 1938, emigrated Sep 1882; married 14 May 1898 Jurgen Schroeder *1857 +1927; children, Alma Bertha *1898 +1963, Anges A *1901 +1986

William * 17 Mar 1872 + 13 Nov 1950, emigrated on 26 Apr 1882, never married

Rudolf J (Jake) * 17 Mar 1872 + 25 Oct 1952, emigrated on 26 Apr 1882, married abt. 1905 Frieda Rowe * 1880 + 1919, child Williamn Lawrence *1907 +1995, married abt 1925 Frieda's sister, Elizabeth M (Lizzie) Rowe *1882 +1969

I do not have a record of Johannes, who perhaps remained in Germany, or of Gustav, who perhaps died as an infant. I believe that Bertha and Helene were not children of Jurgen and Frieda but children of Jurgen's brother, William. Bertha married a man named George S Geiger and settled in Chicago. When Alma traveled back to the US in 1923 she listed listed George Geiger in Chicago as her contact and described him as her uncle. Jurgen, Frieda, Emma, Augusta, William and Rudolf emigrated together in Apr 1882. Frieda came later, in Sep, with Bertha and a girl named Helene, who could have been Helen, except's she's 6 years too young. I have not otherwise found a record of when Helen emigrated to the US.

As for Heinrich and Anna's children, perhaps you could help me clarify the references in their anniversary announcement. I realize now that the Martha referred to in the poem is Johannes Heinrich's wife, and that Elsa is referred to in the poem as Mrs. Kirschstein. Here's the passage I still find confusing, in my rough translation:

The son-in-law, Hans von Leesen / Has always been present with pleasure
              Magda as a child was not nice at all / She threw Olly from the bed
              Hans Jasper once grumbled seriously / The rabbit did not want to swim
              Anna-Magda tastes the cakes / today she must try them all

I had thought that Hans Jasper and Anna-Magda were additional children. I'm now thinking that these are just additional stanzas referring to Hans and Magda, just using their full names. Does this interpretation make sense to you?

Finally, we noted in your record for Frieda Schroeder that you have a record of a first marriage to a Puckham or Peckham. We noticed that her marriage certificate with Jurgen seemed to indicate she may have been married earlier, though we could read the name and were not aware of a first marriage. Do you have any additional information about this marriage?

Again, many many thanks for all your help. This has really helped us to better understand the Schroeder side of the family. If I can be of any assistance in return, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Mark

Kommentar

• Verano
                Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Mark,

"his position was Commissar d. Landesbrandkasse."

Ja, so steht es auch in meinem Buch.

"We would be happy to make scanned copies if their are relatives that would like to see these photographs."

Bis jetzt habe ich noch keine Verbindung gefunden, aber kann ja noch kommen. Einige Namen kenne ich auch. Da muss ich nur noch viel weiter zurückgehen, gemeinsame Vorfahren hat es sicher gegeben.

"In terms of Frieda's sibblings, I have a slightly different record:"

Alle Angaben aus dem Buch der Bauernhöfe sind natürlich ohne Gewähr. Ich denke, der Verfasser musste erst sehr viele Namen und Daten sammeln und ist damit manchmal durcheinander geraten. Genaue Antworten erhältst du aus den Kirchenbüchern.

"I had thought that Hans Jasper and Anna-Magda were additional children. I'm now thinking that these are just additional stanzas referring to Hans and Magda, just using their full names. Does this interpretation make sense to you?"

Hans Jasper ist ein sehr geläufiger Name in der Gegend. Setze doch nochmal den Text im Original hier rein.

"Do you have any additional information about this marriage?"

Nur den Eintrag in family-search:

Wewelsfleth den 14. Mai 1898
                Vor dem unterzeichneten Standesbeamten erschienen heute zum
                Zweck der Eheschließung
                der Landmann Jürgen Schröder
                der Persönlichkeit nach bekannt,
                evangelischer Religion,
                geboren den 23.1.1857 in Wewelsfleth,
                wohnhaft zu Wewelsfleth,
                Sohn des hiesigen Hofbesitzers und jetzigen Rentners
                Gerd Schröder und dessen Ehefrau Catharina
                geborener Harder wohnhaft
                zu Wewelsfleth.
                2. Die Witwe Frieda Peckham geborene
                Schröder
                der Persönlichkeit nach bekannt
                evangelischer Religion, geboren den
                10.4.1870 zu Bahrenfleth,
                wohnhaft zu Dixon,
                in Californien.
                Tochter des Hofbesitzers Jürgen Schröder und dessen
                Ehefrau Rebecca geborener Mohrdiek, beide jetzt wohnhaft zu
                Dixon in Californien.

Später sende ich noch die Daten von Gerdt Schröder, Frau und Kindern.
                Viele Grüße August

Kommentar

• markrmck
                  Benutzer

Schroeders of Bahrenfleth

Thank you, again, for the additional information. Some additional information on our side. We have some letters dated 1945 and 1950 that were sent to my wife's mother and grandmother, Alma Schroeder, from a Kathe Klahe, maybe married to a Hans Klahe, and living at the time in Berlin. We now think this person may be the daughter of Else Schroeder and Richard Kirchstein. Kathe refers to Alma as her aunt, though if the relationships are correct Alma and Else, Kathe's mother, were cousins. I wonder if you can confirm any of this information.

Thanks, again,

Mark
                  Zuletzt geändert von markrmck; 07.07.2018, 13:33.

Kommentar

• Verano
                    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hallo Mark,

hier die versprochenen Eltern und Geschwister von Jürgen und Heinrich Schröder:

Gerdt Schröder, 1832 – 19.6.1905, Borsfletherwisch, oo Catharina Harder 1826 – 7.2.1916, geb. in Brokreihe, Tochter von Johann H. und Gesche Plump.
                    Gerdt kauft den Hof 1856 von Thumann.

Kinder:
                    Jürgen, 1857 – 1927 oo Witwe Frieda Peckham, geb. Schröder (ausgewandert)
                    (Jo)Hannes, 1858 – 93, ausgewandert nach USA
                    Heinrich, 1861 – 1940, Hofbesitzer in Bahrenfleth, oo 1886 Anne Tiedemann 1867 – 1958, Tochter des Hinrich T. und der Elsabe Vollmert aus Wilster.
                    Auguste, * 1862, oo Johann Gabriel, Verwalter von Gut Breitenburg
                    Georg, 1864 – 1951, übernimmt den Hof 1895, oo 1895 Cäcilie Frauen, 1871 – 1937

Kinder von Georg und Cäcilie:
                    Auguste, 1896 - 1938
                    Frieda, 1897, oo Michel Magens, 1894 – 1971
                    Emmi, 1899, oo Peter Lühr, Tatting/Eiderstedt
                    Anita, 1900 - 1954
                    Klaus-Georg, 1902 – 1963, oo Else Blum, Tümmlauer Koog
                    Paul-Gerhard, 1909 – 1942 (vermißt im Kaukasus) 1950 für tot erklärt, 1933 Eigentümer des Hofes, der von 1942 bis 1950 verwaltet wurde und ab 1950 verpachtet, oo 1933 Anna Egge * 1903 (Gasthof Egge Beidenfleth) Kinder: Annelene, Magda, Gert, Hannes, Heike.

Morgen suche ich die Eltern von Gerdt Schröder raus.

Schönes Wochenende
                    Viele Grüße August

Kommentar

• markrmck
                      Benutzer

Hi, Verano - Thank you so much for all this information about the Schroeder family. I look forward to whatever additional information you have on Gerdt Schroeder's parents. In the meantime, I have posted another question to the bulletin board about the other line of my wife's family, the Peters, Kattenbergs and Luecks of Dithmarschen. We are planning to visit the area in early August. I wonder if you are familiar with any records related to the areas around Meldorf and Wacken that we could look into while we're there. Again, your help already has been far more than I could have hoped for. Sincerely, Mark

Kommentar

• Verano
                        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Mark,

schön, dass du dich über die Ahnenreihe Schröder freust!

Eltern von Gerdt Schröder:
                        Jürgen Schröder, 1798 – 1870, Borsfleth, oo 1829 Gesche Rost/Roß, 1798 – 1856, Tochter von Gerdt Roß und Anna Schade aus Elskop.

Kinder:
                        Hans, 1831 – 1902
                        Gerdt, 1832 – 1905, Hofbesitzer in Wewelsfleth
                        Jürgen, oo 1860 Rebecka Mohrdiek, * 1831, Tochter des Peter
                        Johann, 1842 – 1912, oo 1874 Anna Dohrn, * 1852 – 11.5.1932 in Krempe, Tochter des Hinrich D. 1809 – 1886 und Magdalena Piening 1829 - 1898

Die Linie geht noch drei bis vier Generationen zurück.
                        Ich schreibe dir alles auf, muss aber sehr sorgfältig lesen, denn die Namen sind nach Höfen und Orten sortiert, und gleichen sich oft.

Vorfahren der Gesche Roß/Rost, Tochter des Gerdt aus Elskop:

Franz Roß/Rust 1712 – 1782, Sohn von Reimer R. aus Herzhorn oo Margaretha Sommer 1723 – 1775, Tochter des Gerdt S.

Diese Linie ist auch gut dokumentiert. Die schreibe ich dann dazu.

Peters, Kattenbergs und Lucken von Dithmarschen sind mir nicht bekannt. Da kann ich leider nicht helfen.
                        Dithmarschen und insbesondere Meldorf sind auf jeden Fall sehenswert.
                        Zuletzt geändert von Verano; 09.07.2018, 13:05.
                        Viele Grüße August

Kommentar

• markrmck
                          Benutzer

Dear Verano - I can imagine that it gets very confusing sorting through places and names, when many names are so similar. In your list of Gert's brothers you include a Jurgen Schroeder who married Rebecka Mohrdiek in 1860. I believe that Jurgen Schroeder is not one of Gerdt's brothers, but is instead the father of Frieda Schroeder, who married Gerdt's son, also named Jurgen. According to the information I have, Jurgen and Rebecka emigrated to the US along with Frieda and most of her siblings and were living in Dixon, California when they died.

The information I have indicates that Frieda's father was born in Bahrenfleth. The emigration document from Hamburg indicates that Jurgen, Rebecka and their children were living in a place called Hochdorf, Holstein before emigrating in April 1882. I haven't found a place in Holstein with that name, but I am thinking that Hochdorf is maybe the same as Hodorf. Do your records show where Jurgen and Rebecka were living in the 1860s and 1870s before the decided to emigrate?

Again, all of this information is extremely valuable, and yes, we are very much looking forward to our visit to Meldorf and surrounding areas.

Sincerely, Mark

Kommentar

• Verano
                            Erfahrener Benutzer

Hallo Mark,

ich versuche so genau wie möglich die Schröder-Familie zu entwirren.
                            Es sind noch drei andere Jürgen Schröder in dem Buch, die aber nicht zur Familie gehören.

Frieda Puckham, geb. Schröder oo Jürgen Schröder.

Beide haben dieselben Großeltern Jürgen Schröder und Gesche Roß/Rust,
                            sind Cousin und Cousine.

Hier nochmal:
                            Jürgen Schröder oo 1829 Gesche Roß/Rustb (Borsfleth)
                            Kinder:

1) Gerdt 1832 – 1905, oo 1856 Catharina Harder (Hofbesitzer in Wewelsfleth)
                            2) Hans
                            3) Jürgen oo 1860 Rebecca Mohrdiek (Klein-Bahrenfleth, Gemeinde Bahrenfleth*)
                            4) Johann.

Kinder von 1) Gerdt oo Cat. Harder:
                            a) Jürgen 1857 – 1927 oo Witwe Frieda Puckham, geb. Schröder
                            b) Johannes
                            c) Heinrich
                            d) Auguste
                            e) Georg

Kinder von 3) Jürgen oo R. Mohrdiek:
                            Johannes,
                            Bertha
                            Helene
                            Emma
                            Rudolf
                            Wilhelm
                            Frieda oo Puckham, 2. Ehe Jürgen Schröder = Sohn des Gerdt

“…where Jurgen and Rebecka were living in the 1860s and 1870s,…”
                            * in Klein-Bahrenfleth, Jürgen hat den Hof 1861 von Peter Bielenberg übernommen, der mit seinen Kindern nach Minnesota ausgewandert ist.

“Hochdorf is maybe the same as Hodorf.”
                            I think so, too.

Sortiere erstmal die Namen, später mehr zu den Vorfahren Schröder.
                            Viele Grüße August

Kommentar

• markrmck
                              Benutzer

Hi, Verano - I have some different information from you, and I'm hoping that between us we can sort it out.

First, if you are sure that Frieda's father was Gerdt's brother, that might make some sense, since Frieda traveled back to get married after she became a widow, and it might make sense for the family to have her marry an older bachelor cousin. However, I have a different record of Jurgen and Rebecka's children:

1. Emma, born 1864, died ?
                              2. Augusta, born 1865, died in US 1901
                              3. Helen, born 1868, died in US 1904
                              4. Frieda, born 1870, died in US 1938
                              5. William (twin), born 1872, died in US 1950
                              6. Rudolph (twin), born 1872, died in US 1952
                              7. Gustav, born 1874, died ?

I don't have a record of a Johannes, but he may have stayed behind in Germany. I recently added the record about Gustav, which may be mistaken. For the rest, I have documentary proof in US census and other records of their relationship.

You include Bertha and Helene on your list. However, I believe these were Frieda's cousins, not her sisters. Bertha, Helene and Frieda emigrated to the US together when Bertha was 20, Helene was 9 and Frieda was 13. In any case Bertha's death certificate gives her parents names as William Schroeder and Agatha Mohrdiek. Unless the death certificate is mistaken, I would guess that Agatha is Rebecka's sister and that William is another son of Jurgen and Gesche. However, perhaps your sources will be able to help sort this out.

Best wishes,

Mark

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X