• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • John Clifford
    Benutzer

Familienname Wandersee/Vandersee

Mein Großvaters Mutter heiste Augusta Vandersee (vieleicht Wandersee). Sie wurde in April 1860 geboren. In 1884 war sie nach VSA umgezogen und in November 1885 verheiratet sie Theodor Fibranz. Sie starb in Dezember 1926 in Chicago.

Ich habe in AncestryUSA und DNAAncestry einige Wandersee-leute gefunden, aber keine Links mit Augusta. Gleichfals mit GEDmatch und FTDNA.

Ich suche Ankunft über Augustas Geburtsort und Familie. Ich meine daß sie in Pommern geboren wurde aber bin ich nicht sicher.

Vielen Dank,

John Clifford
    Schottland
  • StefOsi
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi,

well, the thing is this:
    1. Pomerania was/is a huge area
    2. Vandersee was quite a common name
    3. Probably every 3rd child was named Auguste (most children had 2 or more given names)

Without more data, name of the parents, passenger list ect. it might be very hard to find your Augusta Vandersee. And even if you are lucky and find an "Augusta Vandersee" it might be the wrong one.
    I know the name Vandersee from my own research in the Stolp Area (nowadays the polish name is Slupsk).
    You can find *alot* of Vandersee's in the so called Global-Index of the stolp genealogy group at: https://stolp.de/globalindex.html?se...rt=asc&page=13 (URL goes directly to 1860 - there is even an entry for a baptism of a Auguste Vandersee in 1860).
    Another database to check might be the one at PTG: http://www.ptg.gda.pl/index.php/cert...ction/searchB/

But as I said...i think you need more details about Augusta Vandersee before you start your search in these databases.

P.S. btw. the name Viebranz is also not unknown in the Stolp area. Coincidence or not..who knows...

P.S. #2: The 1920 Census states, that both were naturalized. Have you tried to find these records yet?
    Zuletzt geändert von StefOsi; 13.03.2017, 01:23.

Kommentar

• StefOsi
      Erfahrener Benutzer

And just in case you don't have it already - here's a newspaper report about her death.
      Source: Chicago Tribune Jan 14th 1927
      Angehängte Dateien

Kommentar

• John Clifford
        Benutzer

Danke schön

Zitat von StefOsi Beitrag anzeigen
        And just in case you don't have it already - here's a newspaper report about her death.
        Source: Chicago Tribune Jan 14th 1927
        Vielen Dank für diesen Nachrichtschnitt, den ich nicht gesehen habe.

Das 10-jährlich Censusbericht hat leider kein Stadt, nur Staat für auslands Geburtsort.

John Clifford

Kommentar

• StefOsi
          Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von John Clifford Beitrag anzeigen
          Das 10-jährlich Censusbericht hat leider kein Stadt, nur Staat für auslands Geburtsort.
          Hi!
          I know, I meant the naturalization record.
          Sometimes, if you are lucky, there is a parent name mentioned or a birth place (more detailed than just "Germany").

Kommentar

• osoblanco
            Erfahrener Benutzer

Mein Großvaters Mutter heiste Augusta Vandersee (vieleicht Wandersee). Sie wurde in April 1860 geboren. In 1884 war sie nach VSA umgezogen und in November 1885 verheiratet sie Theodor Fibranz. Sie starb in Dezember 1926 in Chicago.
            Vandersee and Wandersee is pratically one and the same name. It always depends on how it was written down in the old documents. I have seen people being spelled Vandersee in the civil registration records and Wandersee in the church books. The german pronunciation is the same one way or the other ... but in english, Vandersee would make more sense (the german W is being pronounced like the english V).

Ich habe in AncestryUSA und DNAAncestry einige Wandersee-leute gefunden, aber keine Links mit Augusta. Gleichfals mit GEDmatch und FTDNA.
            If you have any DNA matches in Brazil, you might want to contact Robert Vandersee Spillare. His Vandersee ancestors are also from Pommern, and he did quite some research on the topic. Just google his name and you will find him.

Ich suche Ankunft über Augustas Geburtsort und Familie. Ich meine daß sie in Pommern geboren wurde aber bin ich nicht sicher.
            It might be helpful to find the passenger list she appears on, just to get a clue as to which part of Pommern she came from. There are lots of Vandersee's in that area, and Augusta/Auguste is not exactly a rare name either ...

Kommentar

• Robertspill
              Neuer Benutzer

Vielen Dank,

John Clifford
              Schottland

Hi John!

The V(W)andersee surname have the its known remote origins in Kreis Stolp in Pomerania, especially in the south around Krien and in the north between Stolp and Lauenburg. In my research I noticed that Vandersee writing became more used in the southern group. Although it is not a rule, as I have also met people who were baptized as Vanderse, but in adulthood they used Wandersee. I believe that an excellent starting point for you is the Stolp-L group, which I am also part of.

Best Regards

Rob Vandersee Spillare

Kommentar

Lädt...
              X