• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • L-E Spathon
    Benutzer

Looking for relatives in Golm-Potsdam

Hi.

I am writing a family history and i´m serching for informations.

Can you help me find information about my ancestor (Hjalmar Nilsson), his compamy and his family. He moved from Sweden to Berlin in 1898. He was married to Paula Schmolls who was born in Berlin 10/1 1861. He built a house for the family on Reiherbergstrasse 23a in Golm / Potsdam about 1926.

Hjalmar had a manufacturing industry in Berlin
    (H Nilsson. Article der Genussmittel-Branche für Bäckei und Conditorei)
    I have been looking after his business in the old address books from Berlin without finding his company.
    1898-1899 was his business on Landsberger alle 6 H
    1900 -? on Langenbeckstr. 10
    1920 -? at Georgenkirchplatz 14 I
    1925 -? at Georgenkirchplatz 11 T
    When the factory was bombed in 1945, it was at the Neue Königstr.83.

Hjalmar and Paula had three children, two died at an early age. The oldest daughter Gerda, born on April 19 1886 in Berlin, married to George Düring.
    Gerda also had a daughter, Lotta. I am unsure if George Düring was Lottas father.

According to a letter from Gerda, fled Lotta from Golm to Braunschweig after the war in 1946. I have searched for Lotta but I don´t know what her last name was. Before Lotta fled to Braunschweig she also married, and I do not know her husband's name.

What I want to know is:
    When and where Gerda died and where she is buried? Gerda's last letter came to Sweden, August 31 1956. She then lived in the familys bombed house on Reiherbergstrasse 23a in Golm.
    Is Gerda's daughter Lotta or her children still alive?
    What prodused Hjalmar in his factory?

If any of them are alive, I would give them material that i´m writing about our family, beginning in 1509 in Sweden.

Grateful for help / Lars-Erik Spathon

Stockholm, Sweden.
  • scheuck
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hjalmar Nilsson

Hi, Lars-Eric!
    Do you know when and where your Hjalmar was born? Before 1861, I guess...
    There is plenty of "Nilsson-Stuff" at ancestry to be find; are you member yourself? Let me know, please!
    Regards,
    Scheuck
    Herzliche Grüße
    Scheuck

Kommentar

• L-E Spathon
      Benutzer

Hello.

Thanks for your reply.
      Yes. I am a member since yesterday.
      I have searched for this information for over a year until I found this forum yesterday.

Hjalmar Nilsson was born 27 December 1860 in the village Kärrstorp in the province of Skåne in southern Sweden.
      He died June 19, 1945 at Reiherbergstrasse 23a, Golm-Potsdam, where he lived with his daughter Gerda.
      His wife Paula Smolls was born in Berlin on January 10, 1861, she died in Golm February 24 1930.

Many thanks for helping me with the questions I have

Lars-Erik Spathon

Kommentar

• scheuck
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hjalmar Nilsson

You are wellcome, Lars-Eric!
        I tried to figure out something regarding the fabric in Berlin, but cann't til now, sorry!
        Herzliche Grüße
        Scheuck

Kommentar

• L-E Spathon
          Benutzer

Thanks and thank you for trying.

Best regards
          Lars-Erik

Kommentar

• scheuck
            Erfahrener Benutzer

Hjalmar Nilsson

Lars-Eric,
            to help and to try to help as good as possible, that's the reason why we are here together at our forum! No problem....... I'll let you know, if I found something, which could be helpful to you.
            Don't worry and have a nice evening!
            Herzliche Grüße
            Scheuck

Kommentar

• L-E Spathon
              Benutzer

Although it is a forum where we can help each other finding answers to our questions, I am grateful for the help I can get.

I will look for Ms Helene and ask her if she can help me.

It was Hjalmars firm wich he started around 1900. He himself was head of the company, and I think my father a long time ago told me that it was a technical-chemical factory where he made baking powder (Backpulver). However, I am very unsure of that, I could be completely wrong.

Can you recommend me where to turn to get information about Hjalmar's daughter Gerda, and Gerda's daughter Lotta and her children?

Lars-Erik

Kommentar

• scheuck
                Erfahrener Benutzer

Hjalmar Nilsson

Lars-Eric,
                did you find "your" Nilsson-Family at ancestry yet?
                Another possibility might be "familysearch.org" or "GedBas"....
                Gerda has been born in Berlin; you know the exact birthday of Gerda and the name of her husband. Maybe, daughter Lotta has been born in Berlin too? There should be further information such as "Melderegister-Auskunft"...
                Maybe, I can find out something tonight?
                Herzliche Grüße
                Scheuck

Kommentar

• L-E Spathon
                  Benutzer

I know everyone in our family with a great many family branches from 1509 to the present day. We have large amount of material, nearly 100 pictures, about 1,000 letters and other documents from 1700 - century to the present, even though we were a simple farming family from southern Sweden.

What is missing is information about Hjalmar's family in Germany, and if someone from the family are still alive.

My grandfather and his brother were often in Berlin and visited ther uncle Hjalmar and cousin Gerda. I have many letters from Hjalmar and Gerda. In two letters Gerda mention her daughter Lotta but doesn´t say anything about when she was born or who the father was.

The information I have about the family are as follows:
                  - Hjalmar Nilsson born 27/12-1860 in Sweden, died 19/6-1945 at Reiherbergstrasse 23a in Golm-Potsdam,
                  - His wife Paula Smolls was born in Berlin 10/1-1861, died in Golm 24/2-1930.

Hjalmars and Paulas children:
                  - Sigurd (Sigge) born 18/6-1894, died 19/4-1899. (5 years old)
                  - Sigrid born 10/7-1902, died 27/3-1903. (8 month old)
                  - Gerda born 19/4-1886 in Berlin, died ?, buried ?
                  Gerda was first engaged with the cinematographer Max Filipson, in September 1919 in Berlin.
                  Later married to George Düring in September 1921. Divorced in 1930.

Gerda's daugter:
                  - Lotta was born ?, died ?
                  - Lotta's husband and children ?

Best regards
                  Lars-Erik

Kommentar

• renatehelene

Hi Lars-Erik,
                    I am "Ms.Helene" and I looked at all your Information about Hjalmer Nilsson which you wrote;
                    Question No. 1; if Hjalmar N. moved to Berlin in 1898 how could his
                    oldest daughter been Born already in 1886?
                    Question No. 2; you do have a lot of exact birth and/or death-dates;
                    do you have the copies of the documents?
                    Question No. 3; if the Family lived in Golm, did you get in contact with
                    anybody there?
                    Question No. 4; what Religion did he have?

Regards Renate from Berlin

Kommentar

• L-E Spathon
                      Benutzer

Hi Renate

Thanks for your reply, and for helping me.

- Excuse me, that was one digit wrong in the years Gerda was born. She was born 19/4-1896, not 1886. Each digit is crucial in this context.
                      - Unfortunately, I have no dukument from Germany, the information i have, have been written down by my grandfather and his brother who had a very close contact with that family. Data on the children, I also have in letter that Hjalmar wrote home to Sweden
                      - I have written to the churches in the vicinity of where they lived in Golm. Hjalmar is also buried in the cemetery across the street opposite the house where they lived. It is the old church in Golm. However, I have not received any response from them.
                      - I'm almost certain that they were Christians, Protestants like most in Sweden.

Thank you for your consern
                      Lars-Erik

Kommentar

• renatehelene

Hi Lars-Erik,

I will start reseaching but it might take a while okay.

Regards Renate

Kommentar

• L-E Spathon
                          Benutzer

Hello again.

I'm very grateful that you want to help me and I´m very curious to see what you can find.

Best ragards / Lars-Erik

Kommentar

• renatehelene

Hi Lars-Erik,
                            this is a "progress-report" about H. Nilsson. Well, I am in contact with
                            several "Institution" and I am waiting for the answers But one thing
                            is for sure; Hjalmar Nilsson did not have a " manufacturing industry"
                            (Factory); he was a salesman for "Bäckerei- und Conditorei-Bedarfsartikel"
                            Since Golm is just around the Corner of Berlin I will travel to Golm
                            next week to see what I can find.
                            By the way, maybe it would be better to communicate directly via email
                            so please write me a PN ( privat notice ) with your email address.
                            Have a nice week-end
                            Regards Renate

Kommentar

• L-E Spathon
                              Benutzer

Hi Renate.

You are too kind and take the trouble to go out to the Golm. I am of course very grateful for that. It was an interesting piece of information that Hjalmar had no factory. In the letter he and his daughter writes home to Sweden they are always talking about the company as ther factory.

I'm used to the fact at the time it takes to obtain data. I have been seeking information about the family since 2006 and is far from complete, so don´t hurry.

It would be interesting to find out if their houses still standing on Reiherbergstraße 23a in Golm. I can send you pictures of the house when I have your email address.

Sincerely
                              Lars-Erik
                              Zuletzt geändert von L-E Spathon; 01.09.2013, 13:45.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X