Zurück   Ahnenforschung.Net Forum > Allgemeine Diskussionsforen > Erfahrungsaustausch - Plauderecke
Hier klicken, falls Sie Ihr Kennwort vergessen haben.

Hinweise

Antwort

Themen-Optionen Thema durchsuchen Ansicht
Alt 29.06.2016, 21:52
Jolu Jolu ist offline
Benutzer

Standard Motivation Ahnen-/ Familienforschung

Hallo liebe Forum-Gemeinde,

für den Englisch-Unterricht mussten alle Schüler eine Rede zu einem beliebigen Thema schreiben und halten. Ich habe mir das Thema genealogy herausgepickt. Also, viel Spaß beim Lesen für alle, die des Englischen mächtig sind. Wem noch weitere Gründe einfallen, der schreibe sie doch auch gerne noch unter die Rede.

Welcome, my dear listeners, to this, my speech, with which I hope to interest you for your origin. For the things that define you and at long last led to your birth – the hopes and dreams and achievements of your ancestors. You would have never existed without your ancestors, obviously, but most of the people are not interested in their heritage, despite that fact. And the more you know about your ancestors, the more incomprehensible this becomes for you.
Just think about it and try to fascinate yourself for that– what has happened in the past which has a direct or indirect impact on you? If you follow up with this, your family will become a part of history, even if it is only local history. I experienced it myself.
Learning about all this gives you a whole new self-understanding, it gives you an anchor in an otherwise very fluid world which is becoming more cold and impersonal all the time, and it gives you a solid foundation, a rock if you will, upon which to build and establish your identity as a person.
You will be no longer a single isolated entity in a vast sea of humanity – You will have roots and connections. You won`t be like a leaf anymore, that doesn’t know it is part of a big tree, which enabled you to exist.
There are also other reasons for researching about your family, for example to validate family stories you heard about your ancestors, to learn more about their life or to gain a better understanding of an ancestor’s involvement in a famous historical event. These are my main reasons for doing genealogy, because I think this is very interesting and exciting. It also spends life to a plain name of one of your ancestors.
Another possible reason is to find out if you are related to someone famous, even if you should not flatter yourself on that.
Or maybe to assess the risk of getting certain medical conditions that tend to run in, although I have to admit that only few people have this motivation and that it is very hard to research this very far back in time.
Or to allow families that have migrated to another country the opportunity to preserve some of the culture of their old country, especially viewing the risk of assimilation that we have already reviewed in our class. The risk of losing your original culture can be prevented by a stronger awareness of this which results from - you guess it - genealogy.
Or even to find and reconnect with living relatives, which is always very touching. I myself already experienced that in some way with my friends * and *. We found out that we are all related by marriage of the same family. Also, for the purpose of digitalization of my family tree I registered into Geni.com, which is creating one family tree for the entire world through searching for overlapping family trees. * did the same and we found out that I am his uncle 9th grade, which means we have a common ancestor in the Seventeenth century.
In addition, you create something to pass on as a legacy to future generations, who then can grow up, already having this additional feeling of historical identity.
Thus there are many, many reasons to pursue genealogy and maybe everyone has a different reason.
I now want to end with a quote from the famous American philosopher Ralph Waldo Emerson:
``Every book is a quotation; and every house is a quotation out of all forests, and mines, and stone quarries; and every man is a quotation from all his ancestors. ´´
So to find out, who you are, find out who your ancestors were. That is genealogy.

LG

Geändert von Jolu (29.06.2016 um 23:04 Uhr)
Alt 29.06.2016, 22:10
Rida Rida ist offline weiblich
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard Referat/Rede zur Familienforschung

Hallo Jolu,
mir hat deine Rede/Referat gefallen. Auch dein kleines Beispiel - Onkel 9. Klasse - war in dieser Rede/Referat anschaulich dargestellt. Hoffe du konntest mit deiner Arbeit einige "Neuforscher" gewinnen oder du machst dich selber auf deine Wurzeln zu erkunden. Viel Erfolg.
Gruß
Rida

Geändert von Rida (29.06.2016 um 22:12 Uhr)
Alt 29.06.2016, 23:53
rigrü rigrü ist offline männlich
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Gab's eine Note drauf?
Alt 30.06.2016, 00:02
Jolu Jolu ist offline
Benutzer
Themenstarter

Standard

Hallo,

Habe das Thema ja gerade deshalb gewählt, weil ich mich schon seit einiger Zeit dafür interessiere und schon so einige Forschung angestellt habe.
Note krieg ich morgen

MfG
Alt 30.06.2016, 02:20
Benutzerbild von HindeburgRattibor
HindeburgRattibor HindeburgRattibor ist offline männlich
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

Sehr interessante Rede, denke insbesondere die Hoffnung die gleichen Vorfahren wie eine berühmte Persönlichkeit zu haben, erhöht das Interesse an der Ahnenforschung.
In welcher Klasse musstest du die Arbeit anfertigen?

Forsche im Raum
  • Bayern (Kitzingen, Ostallgäu, Würzburg)
  • Brandenburg (Vorpommern-Greifswald)
  • Hessen (Dillkreis, Kassel)
  • Mähren (Mährisch-Trübau)
  • Nordrhein-Westfalen (Rheinisch-Bergischer Kreis, Essen, Düsseldorf, Wesel)
  • Österreich (Kärnten)
  • Polen (Podlachien)
  • Rheinland-Pfalz (Ahrweiler, Westerwald)
  • Schlesien (Groß Strehlitz, Lublinitz, Ratibor, Rybnik, Sprottau, Tost-Gleiwitz)
  • Türkei (Akçaabat/Trabzon)
Alt 30.06.2016, 12:38
Jolu Jolu ist offline
Benutzer
Themenstarter

Standard

11. Klasse.
Note: 13 Punkte, hätte freier sprechen sollen.

Bin ganz zufrieden
Alt 30.06.2016, 12:41
Benutzerbild von HindeburgRattibor
HindeburgRattibor HindeburgRattibor ist offline männlich
Erfahrener Benutzer

Standard

13 Punkte sind doch ordentlich!

Forsche im Raum
  • Bayern (Kitzingen, Ostallgäu, Würzburg)
  • Brandenburg (Vorpommern-Greifswald)
  • Hessen (Dillkreis, Kassel)
  • Mähren (Mährisch-Trübau)
  • Nordrhein-Westfalen (Rheinisch-Bergischer Kreis, Essen, Düsseldorf, Wesel)
  • Österreich (Kärnten)
  • Polen (Podlachien)
  • Rheinland-Pfalz (Ahrweiler, Westerwald)
  • Schlesien (Groß Strehlitz, Lublinitz, Ratibor, Rybnik, Sprottau, Tost-Gleiwitz)
  • Türkei (Akçaabat/Trabzon)
Antwort

Lesezeichen

Stichworte
englisch , genealogy , motivation

Themen-Optionen Thema durchsuchen
Thema durchsuchen:

Erweiterte Suche
Ansicht