• ParibasWest
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Peter Holzmeister born 1832 Bommersheim

Die Suche betrifft das Jahr oder den Zeitraum:
    Genaue Orts-/Gebietseingrenzung:
    Konfession der gesuchten Person(en):
    Bisher selbst durchgeführte Internet-Recherche (Datenbanken):
    Zur Antwortfindung bereits genutzte Anlaufstellen (Ämter, Archive):

Ancestry.com has no records for this relative. I hope someone can locate information.

Peter Holzmeister was born about 1832 in Bommersheim according to his death record of 1911. It also lists his mother as Helene Katharine Holzmeister.
    Peter married Katharine Reul about 1857. Katharine was born in Cronberg. They resided in Cronberg and their children were born there. Sometime after Katharine died in 1876, Peter moved to Frankfurt.

My hope is to locate the name of his father and any other information.

Warm regards,
    Gloria

• Ramanujan
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Gloria,

here some remarks concerning your search:

- since the father's name is not mentioned in the death record, Peter is most likely born out of wedlock.

- in the civil death register of 1877 I found an unmarried Magdalena Holzmeister who might be a sister of Peter's mother Helene Katharina. She was born to Adam Holzmeister, day laborer, and his wife Franziska H. née Mann in Bommersheim on July 13th, 1807, and died on June 8th, 1877, cf.

- unfortunately, the civil registers of Bommersheim (belonging to Oberursel) for the years 1874-76 and 1878-85 are not yet available so I could not find a death record of Helene Katharina.

- they are all of catholic confession, which makes it hard to get access to church books

- however, church records of Bommersheim have been filmed by the Genealogical Society, cf.
    Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

- the films can be sent to a local FamilySearch Center close to your place (not to Europe)

Best regards,

Ramanujan
    Zuletzt geändert von Ramanujan; 09.03.2017, 18:09.

Kommentar

• ParibasWest
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Thank you for that information. I will research further and see if I learn any more information.

Interesting that Adam and Franziska had 2 unmarried daughters.

Regards, Gloria

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X