Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • ellend1
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Kleve Records

Die Suche betrifft das Jahr oder den Zeitraum: 1821-1846
    Genaue Orts-/Gebietseingrenzung: Kleve
    Konfession der gesuchten Person(en): Evangelical
    Bisher selbst durchgeführte Internet-Recherche (Datenbanken): Ancestry, Family Search
    Zur Antwortfindung bereits genutzte Anlaufstellen (Ämter, Archive):

Greetings,

I wonder if anyone has access to records from Kleve. I am seeking the death of: Johann Peter Friedrich HEISS, probably between 1821 (the year of his third marriage to Johanna Gertruda SCHMITZ) and 1846.

I have many HEISS ancestors in Kleve. Some information has been obtained through Family Search. But all of the Family Search records are not available to the public.

Thank you for any advice.

Regards,

Ellen
  • Andre_J
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Ellen,

the best place to ask for Kleve records is the Mosaik Archiv in Kleve. They are closed for now, but answer mails.

The Landesarchiv has issued two DVD with reformed and lutheran church books of Kleve in the Edition Brühl Vol 138 and 139. Rather expensive for a single user, but they would not put the images online for free for the time being.

Mosaik has those DVDs ready to look up data for you, and they ask far less money than a whole DVD costs. The also have civil records ("Standesamtsregister") for the time after 1798 when most church books were closed by the french authorities.

FamiölySearch has some civil records filed under Cleve as well, but only accessible outside Germany.

By the way, the Great Chruch of Kleve got completely destroyed in 1944, as well as the town's archive. So there might be some severe loss of documents of the time between 1798 and 1944.

Greetings,
    Andre_J
    Zuletzt geändert von Andre_J; 12.02.2021, 11:17.
    Gruß,
    Andre

Kommentar

• ellend1
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Andre,

Your link to the Mosaik Archiv looks to be very helpful. Thank you for responding.

Kind regards,

Ellen

Kommentar

• Kai Heinrich2
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi,

on this Wikipage of Kleve you'll find helpfull links, including online-church-records and more:

The page is in german, but some browser can translate webpages.

Best regards,

Kai Heinrich
        Meine Namensliste / mein Stammbusch:
        http://www.kaiopai.de/Stammbaum_publ1/indexpubl1.html

Derjenige welcher bis zu seinem Tod die meisten Ahnen zusammen bekommt gewinnt!

Kommentar

• ellend1
          Erfahrener Benutzer

Kai Heinrich,

Many thanks for the link! Thankfully, I can easily translate the page to English.

Regards,

Ellen

Kommentar

Lädt...
          X