Neuer Benutzer

Riegg in Bayern - München 1885

Die Suche betrifft das Jahr oder den Zeitraum: 1850-1900
    Genaue Orts-/Gebietseingrenzung: München, Bayern
    Konfession der gesuchten Person(en): Katholisch
    Bisher selbst durchgeführte Internet-Recherche (Datenbanken): Ancestry.com
    Zur Antwortfindung bereits genutzte Anlaufstellen (Ämter, Archive):

Hallo,

Es tut mir leid mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut... I hope it's okay if I continue this in English.

I hit a wall trying to research my father's ancestral line. I've been using Ancestry.com to no avail, and attempted to get help through the Archdiocese of Munich. Unfortunately, the only option I'm left with is paying a genealogist in Germany to investigate for me. I stumbled upon this forum, so now I am turning to you good folks. The ancestor in question is:

Ludwig Riegg
    * um München, Bayern 24/8/1885
    + 3/1/1979 in Milwaukee, WI, USA
    (emigrated in 1902.. port Bremen -> Baltimore, MD)

I have his Geburtsurkunde, which I believe he obtained just prior to naturalizing as a US citizen. It states...
    in München... äußere Birkenau 24 1/2 ...
    Vater: Chrysostomus Riegg, Bäckermeister, katholisch
    Mutter: Cresentia, geborene Wanderer, katholisch

Ludwig also had brothers who emigrated just before him: Michael & Xaver. All of them appeared to be butchers in Germany, and kept up the profession in America.

Despite having information on his origin, I can't seem to dig anything up. The Bremen passenger records from that time period were destroyed, and there seems to be little in the way of parochial records for the catholic churches online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Vielen dank!
  • Kastulus
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Good morning!

Münchner Amtsblatt:
    Chrysostomus Riegg, Bäckergehilfe von hier (= von München)
    oo 20. Mai 1875
    Creszenz Wanderer, Bierbräuerstochter von Burgheim

Adressbuch München 1876
    Chrysostomus Riegg, Klenzestraße 8, München

Kastulus

Kommentar

• gki
      Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello Ulf,

to get more information about your ancestors from the Munich area there's no alternative than getting that information from the church books at the archive in Munich. The books have been photographed, but the microfiches are only available at the archive and cannot be obtained through ancestry or the LDS.

A civil register was introduced in Bavaria in 1876, so even the marriage of Chrysostomus is only available in the church book.
      Gruß
      gki

Kommentar

• WeM
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Grüß euch!
        Frage: wer hat denn die Veröffentlichung der Trauung usw. in der Bevölkerungsanzeige des Münchner Amtsblatts veranlasst? Könnte es dazu noch Unterlagen im Münchner Stadtarchiv geben?
        Lt. dem Archivplan des Münchner Stadtarchivs gibt es Standesamtunterlagen ab 1875 - hat da jemand einen Erfahrungswert?
        Schönen Feiertag noch, Waltraud
        Zuletzt geändert von WeM; 01.05.2017, 15:22.

Kommentar

Lädt...
        X