• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • sueanna1
    Benutzer

Pfann

I am trying to find where my Pfann ancestors came from in Germany. All I have is Johan Pfann and Anna Margaret Dimmling came to this country(USA) in 1852 around July. They brought a son John Sextus Pfann with them born 28 February 1843. It mentions that John came from OberPfaltz(Upper Plalentate) and Anna from"Mulhauser". I do not know if any of those places are correct. Anna was a school teacher and I am assuming John a farmer. I cannot find them in any passenger lists, so I am once again assuming the port they left from was Bremen.
    If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thank You.
    Sue
  • StefOsi
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi,

just to make sure, we speak of these 2 people, right?

Kommentar

• sueanna1
      Benutzer

Pfann

Yes, that is the one whom I am referencing to. The Kellys Island page is where one John's sons, George Fann, lived until his death in 1894.
      I forgot to mention that John had a brother George who came over also and lived in Canada.

Kommentar

• StefOsi
        Erfahrener Benutzer

Hello,

just in case it wasn't known yet, but in the 1900 Census for their first son John Sextus, it is stated that he immigrated in the year 1851. Maybe that will be of help in the search for the passenger list.

Kommentar

• Kasstor
          Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi

I found a John Dimling who arrived in 1852/1853. He stated in a passport application that he was born in Wuestenselbitz ( now a part of Helmbrechts ). That town is situated in Upper Palatinate, too.

Regards,

Thomas
          FN Pein (Quickborn vor 1830), FN Hinsch (Poppenbüttel, Schenefeld), FN Holle (Hamburg, Lüchow?), FN Ludwig/Niesel (Frankenstein/Habelschwerdt) FN Tönnies (Meelva bei Karuse-Estland, später Hamburg), FN Lindloff (Altona, Lüneburg, Suderburg)

Ceterum censeo progeniem hominum esse deminuendam

Kommentar

• StefOsi
            Erfahrener Benutzer

Just one more thing. The Batavia Daily News (newspaper for the genesee area, including Elba & Alexander) has a searchable historical index: http://userdb.rootsweb.ancestry.com/...&surname=pfann

As you can see, there are entries of interest i.e. for John's (*1818) death. Who knows, maybe its more than just a line like "John Pfann died today" - if you are lucky it contains a tiny biography like "he came in year x to Alexander, born in Y in 1818" (similar to the death notice for his son sextus - see attachment). I would give it a try and ask under the adress given under http://userdb.rootsweb.ancestry.com/...&submitter_id=

P.S. Also in the online-book "Gazetteer and biographical record of Genesee County, N.Y., 1788-1890" two Pfann's are mentioned on page 119 (the 2nd 119..the book is split in two halfs).

Good luck!
            Angehängte Dateien
            Zuletzt geändert von StefOsi; 28.09.2015, 00:03.

Kommentar

• tvogel17
              Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Sue,

there were DIMMLING families in the area of Mühlhausen South of Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz according to the "Index Personarum" data base of the Gesellschaft für Familienforschung in Franken (GFF).
              Even today you find the distribution of these names as follows:

I will try to contact the researcher who brought in the data mentioned in the Index.
              Maybe he can add some more details.

Regards.

Thomas

Kommentar

• sueanna1
                Benutzer

Thank you tvogel17,I will have to check this out. My ancestors are very hard to find when I don't have any exact towns to go with.
                sue ames

Kommentar

• Anna Sara Weingart
                  Erfahrener Benutzer

Zitat von sueanna1 Beitrag anzeigen
                  ....John came from OberPfaltz(Upper Plalentate) and Anna from"Mulhauser". I do not know if any of those places are correct. ...
                  Mühlhausen

best regards
                  Viele Grüße

Kommentar

• sueanna1
                    Benutzer

I have all the information for my Pfann's once they arrived here in American. What I am searching for is if anyone in Germany may have any information on my Pfann's or any Pfann's there. I recently found a publication with one of their sons who said they came over on the schooner Robert Waal. So far I have found nothing about the ship. The date was abt July 1852 with area lived in again Upper Palatinate. I am at a loss on what to do next or where to inquire. Any help will be appreciated.
                    Thank you. Sue

Kommentar

• MH54321
                      Erfahrener Benutzer

Hi Sue,

Since you got a definite place name for Anna, start with that.

The churchbooks of Mühlhausen (Oberpfalz) are stored at the Diözesanarchiv Eichstätt.

Mühlhausen (Oberpfalz) is part of the parish Sulzbürg, records start around 1740.

I don't have a clue whether any of those are churchbooks are online, for this you'd need to ask somebody more familiar with the area.

With a bit of luck you can find either their marriage or an Aufgebot (calling of the banns) recorded in the churchbooks of Mühlhausen.

Kind regards,

mh.
                      Suche FN Hansmann (Hohenberg-Krusemark), FN Gruss/Gruß/Gruhs (Groß Rodensleben, Dreileben), FN Heindorf(f) (Stendal, Tangerhütte, Celle), FN Frey (Königsberg, Borchersdorf, Ostpreuss.)

Kommentar

• sueanna1
                        Benutzer

Thank You I will see if Ancestry has anything otherwise I will have to write and ask.
                        sue

Kommentar

Lädt...
                        X